Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

'Three Minute Hero' - You Decide.....

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
My initial reaction was to think of Martin Thomas and that header but what about Junior Lewis? Seem to remember he scored on his debut for us and looked all the world like he was the midfielder that we had been searching for as he could link up and support a striker and score goals. (Good job we don't have that problem any more, eh?) He put in some decent performances but never quite lived up to his initial promise for us (or anyone else for that matter!) unless you happen to be Peter Taylor.

Keith at Work

Jul 28, 2003
Here's a few to throw in the mixer;
Dirk Lehman
Andy Arnott
Ian Culverhouse
Scott Flinders
Gavin Geddes
(Sunshine on a) Wayney Gray
Rapahel Meade
Gifton Noel-Williams

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Gerry Armstrong - pretty sure he scored a goal that helped lodge our place in the play offs or promo. But didn't do much before or after.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The only one that leaps to mind is Lorenzo Pinamonte, but his name wouldn't really fit the song you mentioned.

It did , we sang "Lorenzo" :thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely it should be Alan Duffy for his debut goal for Brighton? Hailed as the Third Division answer to George Best...

Spencer Vignes

Oct 4, 2012
The 'Three Minute Heroes' that I've selected throughout the season are guys who have done something outstanding for the team. You know, contributed in a positive way. But reading through some of these it might be quite fun to pick someone who became a TMH for doing something absolutely bloody daft!

RE Franco Massimo, I was in the same year as him at Forest Boys Secondary School in Horsham. A really top bloke who, I'm pretty sure, later joined the Met Police after being injured out of the game. He made two appearances for us, one as a sub v Shrewsbury in 85/86, the other the following season again as a sub up at Nottingham Forest in the League Cup. I have to say that competing against him on school sports day was harder than nailing jelly to the ceiling. The boy was a human greyhound, pure and simple.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Abdul Razak had a stormer against Ipswich last season, before doing nothing else and being shipped back to Man City. He was unplayable that day, a performance that most would remember if they were there.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Tony Rougier on loan in 2003, scored some goals which gave us hope of staying up, but we didn't.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Was going to say Nicky Rust but actually played 176 games for us!!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The sublime and the ridiculous......Vicente and Doug Rougvie.

:)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Gerry Armstrong - pretty sure he scored a goal that helped lodge our place in the play offs or promo. But didn't do much before or after.

...other than stand up for a team of youngsters getting kicked to bits by a poor county league side. His reward for taking on the gobshite on the terrace was to leave the club. An honourable man.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Brian Dear. European Cup Winners Cup medal with West Ham. On loan from the Hammers late in 1966/67 season. Played 7 matches, scored 5 goals.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
How about Mark Flatts? He disappeared after having that promising loan spell with us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here