Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three incidents of attacks in France over three days

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So you really haven't noticed an increase in terrorism since the recent wars and the Arab Spring?

It's increased massively. Violence causes more violence. The only reason to end this kind of terrorism is by restoring peace in the Middle East.

Do you really think Islamic fundamentalism is confined to the Middle East? Two examples of extreme problems are Nigeria with Boko Haram wrecking schools saying that they are western propaganda, and Malaysia.
http://www.themalaymailonline.com/m...mentalism-seen-pushing-malays-to-quit-country

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Peace could be achieved by doing more to help the governments of these countries, which we are not doing - particularly on the main stage in Syria. The stubbornness of Western nations means that we would rather exacerbate global terrorism than helping Assad restore peace there, it's ridiculous. Instead we are relying on militant Kurds (you do realise they are Muslims, right?) to fight them, more violence, what will it even achieve? If this ever ends, it will inevitably lead to even more violence in Turkey, because they are essentially fighting for the Kurdistani state, rather than for Western values, moving the violence even closer to the West.

Every day that passes, the more violence, the more death and destruction - the more terrorism we will find ourselves exposed to in the West. Jihadism is like a cancerous growth that feeds on violence, the only solution is peace.

It seems a bit like -dammed if we do and dammed if we don't. Didn't an earlier post of yours lament western interference? I thought that Assad is the baddie, albeit perhaps less bad than his opponents, so why should the west help him? And with help, should it ever be forthcoming, would it restore peace as you say. In such a confused atmosphere, I doubt it is as simple as that.
I don't see your logic. If we don't help Assad, then the jihadists will heap ever more terrorism on us. But if we don't help Assad, then they should be pleased with us, surely, as they are trying to overthrow him? And yes, the only solution is peace -we all know that, but is that easy to achieve?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Is it Pringle O'Clock now ?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
The only reason to end this kind of terrorism is by restoring peace in the Middle East.

when was the last time there was sustained peace throughout the whole region?

someone is always luzzing something in the middle east.

i really think you are living in cloud cuckoo land if you think the fanatics are all suddenly going to stop. Some of them believe they are doing Gods work and will not rest until all infidels have submitted to God..........the clue is in the name.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
In retrospect, it was a little bit silly bombing Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. While trying to "liberate" the people of Syria and Egypt and supporting Israel in their campaign against Palestine.

It's pretty obvious why all this is happening - but it's incredibly ignorant to suggest that Islam is responsible... it's obvious that the increase in terrorism is linked to the violence above.
Incorrect, the violence has always been there, and always will be. It is driven by religion, with Islam producing the most backward and barbaric of them all. Sadly, from the inception of Islam, violence has been an integral part if its doctrine and it has enough internal fractures for this violence to be continued even when Jews or Christians aren't there in opposition.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia

Attachments

• 20141128111115588664_8.jpg
    20141128111115588664_8.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
In retrospect, it was a little bit silly bombing Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. While trying to "liberate" the people of Syria and Egypt and supporting Israel in their campaign against Palestine.

It's pretty obvious why all this is happening - but it's incredibly ignorant to suggest that Islam is responsible... it's obvious that the increase in terrorism is linked to the violence above.

its odd you keep on about this,the increase in terrorism can also be viewed as the ability of the terrorists to communicate with each other and plan attacks,this ability has increased beyond all recognition since the early days of the nutty terrorists.Thank god the IRA,Red October,Baader-Meinhof,ETA(early days)etc never had access to the internet.

The growth in terrorist attacks,worldwide,Yemen,Pakistan,Phillipenes,Iraq,Nigeria etc etc etc can easily be attributed with their ability to communicate with each other via the internet.

you yourself have only just said on another thread

The internet has unified not just communities, but the entire world - ideas spread like wildfire and the status quo simply doesn't have the resources to extinguish them, despite the propaganda perpetually spewed out in the mainstream media.

"ideas spread like wildfire"

yes they do!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Another example of Islamic madness , this time from Indonesia .

Can you guess why the couple on the motorbike are looking distressed ?

actually i cheated on this.........its about religious police stopping a family because their clothes are too tight,contravenes the sharia dress code law banning tight trousers

i thought maybe this was daily mail made up crap,but its aljazeera supplying the picture and story........tight trousers eh........hipsters beware!

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
I have just seen on BBC News that there were two other men in the bin lorry that killed six innocent shoppers in Glasgow.
Why was this not revealed before?
They have still not named the driver of the lorry.
Why not?
Is there something sinister going on here?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I have just seen on BBC News that there were two other men in the bin lorry that killed six innocent shoppers in Glasgow.
Why was this not revealed before?
They have still not named the driver of the lorry.
Why not?
Is there something sinister going on here?

Bin lorry drivers usually have people with them to empty the bins. Apparently when he slumped over the wheel, they dived out of the cab before it crashed. I don't think there is anything sinister in that. It was revealed previously because I heard it on the news yesterday.
If he had a heart attack, they wouldn't be able to reach the controls to stop the lorry.
The driver is still in hospital, so obviously in a bad way.

Guerrero

Jul 17, 2010
Near Alicante.Spain
Bin lorry drivers usually have people with them to empty the bins. Apparently when he slumped over the wheel, they dived out of the cab before it crashed. I don't think there is anything sinister in that. It was revealed previously because I heard it on the news yesterday.
If he had a heart attack, they wouldn't be able to reach the controls to stop the lorry.
The driver is still in hospital, so obviously in a bad way.

Have you seen it reported anywhere that they jumped out of the cab?
My first reaction would have been to grab the handbrake.
It has been reported that the lorry was travelling at "considerable speed".
Anyone travelling with the driver would have known what mayhem their truck could cause and would surely have tried to do something to stop it.
Not just jump out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anyone travelling with the driver would have known what mayhem their truck could cause and would surely have tried to do something to stop it.
Not just jump out.
Maybe they did try to stop it, but were unable to due to driver weight or position. Perhaps they jumped out at the last second.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not just jump out.

Eyewitnesses as reported on BBC Breakfast this morning. The police have said it is a tragic road traffic accident.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells

Ok. So, the Iranian left that supported the overthrow of the Shah? Where are they? Oh yes, wiped out by the far-right Shia Islamists. The Iraqi trade unions that emerged from the underground following Saddam's removal? What happened to them? Oh yeah, tortured and murdered by the far-right Sunni extremists and at the same time deserted by the European left because after Saddams removal they wanted to build a democratic Iraq. The nominally secular and left-wing PLO in Gaza? Erased by the far-right Hamas Islamists.

Yep, LOL.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here