Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three incidents of attacks in France over three days

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
very much think these "low tech" attacks will become more common,as already mentioned how on earth do the security forces fight against these?

seems also mental illness is mentioned more often, but any Jihadi screaming snackbars whilst trying to kill innocent people is 100% crackers already in my book.

Not really surprising given the Pakistani practice of inbreeding being exported worldwide .

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-s...-in-children-says-sharon-kingman-1483250.html

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
One of the worst things for the security forces is 'lone wolf' attackers totally under the radar attacking random members of the public or police etc. How does anyone protect people against that ?

In the short term there's no way is there? Long term, maybe the west could leave the middle east alone and stop doing the radical's jobs for them.

That won't stop Governments of the world using it as a front to increase surveillance on their own populations though.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Without wishing to give the impression I give any sympathy whatsoever to the scum who attack the general population like this, please could you refrain from using this term? We get it. It's apparent irony. You believe Islam is a violent religion and not what Islamic apologists constantly tell us to the contrary.

But you obviously don't know any Muslims. Personally I work with two. One is a bit of a nob, one is a sound bloke and a good mate, but most of all both of them are more peaceful, less aggressive than most Brits you are ever likely to meet and they are every bit as appalled at this sort of thing. So much so, that it barely needs saying because it is fcking obvious.

There are religious crackpots everywhere. It's just that unfortunately, a series of events over the past 20 years have brought the west into conflict with a large section of the Muslim world, and this has driven recruitment for these nutters for a variety of complex reasons. Some of it was entirely avoidable by the way.

But I digress. Please, can you stop tarring an entire religion with the same brush?

Firstly what term are you on about. You have put up a reply and embedded a quote that i did not make. Secondly i have worked alongside Muslims, i have worked alongside many different races and religions and i do favour other religions over Islam, this i admit.
So you work with TWO Muslims, what iv'e stated many times is that when they are in a minority of course they are fine, a poor example would be having a few away supporters amongst a large home crowd.
Then again when that minority gets larger, as in places like Malmo, Marseille etc, then the mindset can change, even amongst the moderate ones, or do you think that all the radicals moved to these areas and there were no moderates.
Seems strange to me that in European countries that have areas where there is trouble it does not come from people of other religions, the other religions cause no trouble. Surely in countries that have a population of over 90% Muslims, where the West can not take the blame, like Yemen, Somalia, Nigeria etc should not be killing each other if it is a religion of peace.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You mean like the Nazis?

You're missing my point, although it wasn't clearly made.

No, not like the Nazis. We knew who they were and where they were coming from. It wasn't random acts of warfare from unknown individuals.

Jules

Jan 17, 2013
This is going to be an ongoing problem in Europe. The higher the numbers of those friendly religion of peace followers the greater the risk of extremism and . violence. Maybe we should be making it harder for certain types to settle in Europe. Oh forgot that what some western govts are now doing. .

D

Deleted member 22389

This is going to be an ongoing problem in Europe. The higher the numbers of those friendly religion of peace followers the greater the risk of extremism and . violence. Maybe we should be making it harder for certain types to settle in Europe. Oh forgot that what some western govts are now doing. .

You hit the nail on the head here.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Yep. Hopefully known terrorists would be a good start. How Hamza, Qatada and others were allowed into the country when their terrorist links were known, god only knows, or perhaps the Labour government who let every Tom, Dick and terrorist in helped.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Without wishing to give the impression I give any sympathy whatsoever to the scum who attack the general population like this, please could you refrain from using this term? We get it. It's apparent irony. You believe Islam is a violent religion and not what Islamic apologists constantly tell us to the contrary.

But you obviously don't know any Muslims. Personally I work with two. One is a bit of a nob, one is a sound bloke and a good mate, but most of all both of them are more peaceful, less aggressive than most Brits you are ever likely to meet and they are every bit as appalled at this sort of thing. So much so, that it barely needs saying because it is fcking obvious.

There are religious crackpots everywhere. It's just that unfortunately, a series of events over the past 20 years have brought the west into conflict with a large section of the Muslim world, and this has driven recruitment for these nutters for a variety of complex reasons. Some of it was entirely avoidable by the way.

But I digress. Please, can you stop tarring an entire religion with the same brush?

Refrain from using the term " religion of peace " because it is tarring an entire religion with the same brush?.............it's probably one of the nicer terms I've heard used to describe Muslims so what's the problem? Don't tell me....."it's offensive " lol

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
In retrospect, it was a little bit silly bombing Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. While trying to "liberate" the people of Syria and Egypt and supporting Israel in their campaign against Palestine.

It's pretty obvious why all this is happening - but it's incredibly ignorant to suggest that Islam is responsible... it's obvious that the increase in terrorism is linked to the violence above.

Ignorant even when they're saying Islam is their reason?

Don't get me wrong, western foreign policy has caused a shit storm. But Islam is their inspiration, taking a much more literal approach to the religious text than the vast majority.

Every religion is violent, that's because of the historical context in which they were written when violence was seen as a justification for action.

The issue is much more deep rooted though, if I can find the news article. There was one discussing the differences between jihadists from the UK and mainland Europe. No doubt the appalling economic performance of the EU also social problems of France, Germany and even Sweden thrown into the mix, it's a shit storm waiting to happen.

I also have a keen interest in knowing how many are converts, they appear to be the more likely ones to commit atrocities. almost as though it's gives then a cause and reason to be violent.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
In retrospect, it was a little bit silly bombing Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya. While trying to "liberate" the people of Syria and Egypt and supporting Israel in their campaign against Palestine.

It's pretty obvious why all this is happening - but it's incredibly ignorant to suggest that Islam is responsible... it's obvious that the increase in terrorism is linked to the violence above.

I still keep reading that it's the events of the last 40 years that have caused this. The Middle East has been a powder keg ever since the Ottomon Empire broke a century ago. Learn the history.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I still keep reading that it's the events of the last 40 years that have caused this. The Middle East has been a powder keg ever since the Ottomon Empire broke a century ago. Learn the history.

Like the rise of the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt during the 1910s. This ideology runs much deeper and longer than most know.

However, the recent rise of militancy has been associated with Western interference, that can't be denied.

In essence, the fear is the rise of secularism will effect Islam.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Best thing to do is pull all our troops out and let them get on with it if as some say it is all our fault. Good idea eh.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One of the worst things for the security forces is 'lone wolf' attackers totally under the radar attacking random members of the public or police etc. How does anyone protect people against that ?

Without wishing to be dismissive clearly you can't. But neither can you adequately protect people from road accidents, murder for other reasons (revenge / mental illness / the gratification of the perpetrator), smoking themselves in to an early grave, jumping in front of a train, consuming their body weight in deep fried goodies and lager or contracting a terminal illness.

We're mortal. We'll die. Terrorism, by definition is trying to make you more scared of it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So you really haven't noticed an increase in terrorism since the recent wars and the Arab Spring?

It's increased massively. Violence causes more violence. The only reason to end this kind of terrorism is by restoring peace in the Middle East.

I would agree that violence normally breeds more violence, but at some stage, violence, sadly, is all that some dictators understand. You make it sound so simple -just have peace in the Middle East, in itself a nigh-impossible task, and then the terrorism will stop. You don't seriously believe that groups such as Isis will all stop and go home if a peace settlement with Israel and in Syria is negotiated, do you? We are infidels to them and that is not going to change.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here