Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three incidents of attacks in France over three days

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Without wishing to give the impression I give any sympathy whatsoever to the scum who attack the general population like this, please could you refrain from using this term? We get it. It's apparent irony. You believe Islam is a violent religion and not what Islamic apologists constantly tell us to the contrary.

But you obviously don't know any Muslims. Personally I work with two. One is a bit of a nob, one is a sound bloke and a good mate, but most of all both of them are more peaceful, less aggressive than most Brits you are ever likely to meet and they are every bit as appalled at this sort of thing. So much so, that it barely needs saying because it is fcking obvious.

There are religious crackpots everywhere. It's just that unfortunately, a series of events over the past 20 years have brought the west into conflict with a large section of the Muslim world, and this has driven recruitment for these nutters for a variety of complex reasons. Some of it was entirely avoidable by the way.

But I digress. Please, can you stop tarring an entire religion with the same brush?

Keep your eye on them though.

Grassman

Jun 12, 2008
Tun Wells
have they been labelled as neo nazis,football hooligans and confused dimwits yet?

If not i am sure it is coming,seems to be the modus operandi of anyone who gets a fright about these groups .

It's because the vocal far-left that we have in the West these days appear to see the Islamists as the only way to get their revolution. They know the workers have abandoned them and believe that they can control the far-right Islamist beast. They can't. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Palestine to Iran the Islamists use the left and then wipe them out. The One Law For All movement in this country is a progressive, liberal answer to political Islam. Check them out.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
very much think these "low tech" attacks will become more common,as already mentioned how on earth do the security forces fight against these?

seems also mental illness is mentioned more often, but any Jihadi screaming snackbars whilst trying to kill innocent people is 100% crackers already in my book.
I think the French authorities are in denial, there is a strong Islamic connection between the recent attacks that they wish to play down. When people lose any fear of death and embrace wholeheartedly dying for a cause the rest of us are in big trouble.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Europe is effectively fighting a guerilla war inside it's own borders.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
It's because the vocal far-left that we have in the West these days appear to see the Islamists as the only way to get their revolution. They know the workers have abandoned them and believe that they can control the far-right Islamist beast. They can't. From Iraq to Afghanistan to Palestine to Iran the Islamists use the left and then wipe them out. The One Law For All movement in this country is a progressive, liberal answer to political Islam. Check them out.

lol

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Thats quite an interesting group and quite a cross section of society supporting them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I think the French authorities are in denial, there is a strong Islamic connection between the recent attacks that they wish to play down.

There would be a good reason for that by the French government and that be politics.......

Only in September a poll released by Le Figaro placed far-right Front National (FN) leader Marine Le Pen ahead of President François Hollande, and any publicity or recognition of these attacks as terrorist would possibly give the FN more votes.....

Divide and rule as ever.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Without wishing to give the impression I give any sympathy whatsoever to the scum who attack the general population like this, please could you refrain from using this term? We get it. It's apparent irony. You believe Islam is a violent religion and not what Islamic apologists constantly tell us to the contrary.

But you obviously don't know any Muslims. Personally I work with two. One is a bit of a nob, one is a sound bloke and a good mate, but most of all both of them are more peaceful, less aggressive than most Brits you are ever likely to meet and they are every bit as appalled at this sort of thing. So much so, that it barely needs saying because it is fcking obvious.

There are religious crackpots everywhere. It's just that unfortunately, a series of events over the past 20 years have brought the west into conflict with a large section of the Muslim world, and this has driven recruitment for these nutters for a variety of complex reasons. Some of it was entirely avoidable by the way.

But I digress. Please, can you stop tarring an entire religion with the same brush?

Keep your eye on them though.

D

Deleted member 22389

That's the spirit ! These Islamic fundamentalists CAN be defeated by organised carol concerts. There is no point in supporting the discredited Iraqi army it or the anti Assad forces. There is but one path open to us. My solution ?......." I'd like to teach the Kurds to sing in perfect harmony...."

It's not just about extremists though is it, it's about the whole migration of people and the place this religion holds in Europe. People are genuinly concerned by it. People don't like change, it's human nature.

smartferndale

Mar 21, 2013
Who are the facists?

There would be a good reason for that by the French government and that be politics.......

Only in September a poll released by Le Figaro placed far-right Front National (FN) leader Marine Le Pen ahead of President François Hollande, and any publicity or recognition of these attacks as terrorist would possibly give the FN more votes.....

Divide and rule as ever.

Does not allow any opposition. Racist. Lower status of women. Murder of opposition. I could go on but is this Germany 1933- 1945 or Isil. Isil are the new Nazis not those that oppose them. They stand for everything I am against and would suspect most British citizens. the vast majority of people in Britain, including all faiths and those without, just want to be left alone to do their best for their families. This group and everything it stands for are remnants of a tribal past and must be defeated.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Islam is the religion of peace and they say that we can have Christmas back as well now.

The violent passages of the Quran supersede the non violent passages, let us not forget that mohammed was a warlord, a rapist, married a six year old and consummated the marriage when she was nine and he is according to muslims the most "beautiful pattern of conduct". Very peaceful indeed. Merry Christmas

Last edited:

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Does not allow any opposition. Racist. Lower status of women. Murder of opposition. I could go on but is this Germany 1933- 1945 or Isil. Isil are the new Nazis not those that oppose them. They stand for everything I am against and would suspect most British citizens. the vast majority of people in Britain, including all faiths and those without, just want to be left alone to do their best for their families. This group and everything it stands for are remnants of a tribal past and must be defeated.

I am not saying I agree with FN, but it does explain why the press and government do not want people swayed by high emotions which parties like FN thrive on by stating that the public of France are under threat of internal home grown terrorists.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The problem is religion getting its claws into poor and ignorant people. Always has been, always will be.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
The problem is religion getting its claws into poor and ignorant people. Always has been, always will be.

Interesting didn't see any religion behind pol pot, Adolf hitler or other nutters who have caused mayhem in history. Think humanity is the problem some people have good hearts some people don't. Those who don't, well we can see the evidence.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
These things do tend to attract copycat incidents too, even from those who don't previously have any strong connections to the cause.

Those two police officers who got shot in Brooklyn, for example: I'd be somewhat surprised if they turned out to be the last to die in that sort of incident. Hope I'm wrong, but...

The French incidents suggest an ISIS inspired theme. Sadly there have already been ISIS inspired attacks on Police officers in Australia, the soldier in Canada, and the recent threats against Police here in West Mercia. These also follow on from the Lee Rigby attack in London.

Whereas the Brooklyn incident seems to be a racial / anti-Police revenge matter related to the shooting of the unarmed black victim. Several other similar cases are under review, so sadly the issue isn't going away (certainly in the US). I suspect your fears are well founded.

These differing causes highlight the range of issues troubling the world at the moment and how comparatively easy it is for individuals to become sufficiently agitated to undertake very low tech attacks, with horrific consequences.

It is nearly 10 years since the 7/7 bombings in London (and the similar failed attempt a few weeks later) both undertaken by rogue radicalised groups who were largely below the radar and therefore more difficult to identify and disrupt. Even their amateur but sadly effective efforts were relatively high tech compared to the current trend for lone gunmen - or now just a maniac behind the wheel of a vehicle.

Very difficult to counter and needs a high level of public vigilance. However we mustn't let this stop us leading normal lives, otherwise the bad guys will achieve their aims, we have to carry on as normal but be a bit more alert and streetwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here