Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three days to go...

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not looking forward to it, gonna drink 2 bottles of red Saturday night to ensure sleep happens. I just hope the fans play there part, noise levels have been dismal last few games at home, this SUNDAY needs break the sound barrier, All 4 stands need to play there part, wall of noise please. losing will be hard enough, but to have those scum bags on here after saying we were shit fans as well and that they out sung us will be suicide materail

Agree but we need the team and fans to be at it from the start. A stuttering start and can see the fans anxiety transferring its way to the pitch

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
The closer it gets: the more apprehensive I feel. Deep down, I know that anything can happen in a derby - but I'm fearful of our lot not being on their game again & P****e ripping us to shreds (again). Frankly, it's been a fair while since a felt such a need for heavy sedation tbh! I'll be glad when the match finally gets underway & I can let out some of the ever-increasing tension...

Gordon Bennett

Sep 7, 2010
I was feeling fairly calm until I read the 17th post in this thread!

Am using it as an excuse to get out early on Sunday morning and have a large cooked breakfast. Anything after that will be a bonus.

detsknil

Sep 23, 2011
Hanover, East Sussex
Can I just ask......this isn't a 'Derby' is it? Seen it quoted a few times on NSC and now on this thread too, just want to be clear as it's just a game against our biggest rivals not strictly a Derby?

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
...until we all descend on the Amex for some Sabbath day worship.

How are your nerves holding out?

Relatively calm here - I really don't think we'll lose this one.

I will be alot calmer if and when our second goal hits the back of the net.Must be positive:thumbsup:

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
...until we all descend on the Amex for some Sabbath day worship.

How are your nerves holding out?

Relatively calm here - I really don't think we'll lose this one.

I will be alot calmer if and when our second goal hits the back of the net.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Worried, worried, worried!

Don't think we'll win, would take a draw right now.

My worry rationale:

Bruno carrying a knock
Is Bridge fit.
Is Vicente fit - does he care?
Greer likely to partner Upson
No Barnes, CMS or Hoskins
Will our Spanish players 'be up for it'?
Will it be too cold for some of our players.
Will our fans behave or face some type of FA retribution.
The referee is a pillock.
Are Palace too pacey for us (Zaha and Bolasie).
They seem like they're on form (from an attacking sense), we seem to have gone off the boil a bit.
Will Hull beat Forest.
Where am I going to park with all these caravans likely to occupy Bennetts field?

That is all - otherwise looking forward to it as I do every game at The Amex.

but....and a big but. Our players are used to playing in front of a big crowd, where as Palace are not, this could affect them

http://www.Clutching at Straws.com

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Can I just ask......this isn't a 'Derby' is it? Seen it quoted a few times on NSC and now on this thread too, just want to be clear as it's just a game against our biggest rivals not strictly a Derby?
I'll bite... of course it is a "Derby" match... Palace are our fiercest and geographically closest rivals - what other definition exists?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'm going to get so smashed on Saturday night that I won't care what happens on Sunday, all I'll want to do is go home. Unless we're winning of course.

To be honest I'm dreading it, I just can't see us winning, and I'm not particularly confident about getting a point. It's ridiculous, if it was Cardiff, Leicester, Hull or anyone else above us, I would be confident of taking all three points. Because it's Palace, I can't see past a 3-0 defeat.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Feel calm about it now but know i wont sleep Saturday night and will be really nervous on train to the stadium - Once i get in the stadium i think the the nerves will go and excitement will kick in.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Nowhere near as keyed up for it this season. I suppose the big let down of last years loss has tempered my enthusiasm, that and our horrendous form and injury list.

I'm calm and expecting to lose.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I'll bite... of course it is a "Derby" match... Palace are our fiercest and geographically closest rivals - what other definition exists?

A derby is only a 'local' contest, apparently. Doesn't matter how fierce it is. Liverpool vs Man Utd isn't a derby.

"In many countries the term local derby, or simply just derby (/ˈdɑːbi/ or DAR-bee) means a sporting fixture between two teams from the same town or city, particularly in association football."

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
3 defeats in 13?
6 wins
4 draws.

That's not that bad.
Perhaps I should have put recent before form in my last statement.

Last match I went to was Bristol away, we were terrible. We've outplayed Bolton and still lost, then been out battled by Barnsley.....historically our form is alright, recently its been poor.

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
I just hope we start on fire and put pressure on them - if we score first I am optimistic that with the home support in full voice the players will respond and get home with a win. My fear is we miss chances early on, Palace take their first one or two and if we go behind, the stadium will sink into semi silence and the rest of the game will be as pleasurable as having teeth pulled out! Hope I am wrong otherwise be a miserable St Patrick's Day having the away fans taunt non stop about the scoreline !

TheFatBallBoy

Jan 10, 2010
Hove
Just another game,looking forward to the largest crowd but not bothered about palace,finding it all a bit naff this attempt to rekindle an old rivalry.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
I'm going to get so smashed on Saturday night that I won't care what happens on Sunday, all I'll want to do is go home. Unless we're winning of course.

To be honest I'm dreading it, I just can't see us winning, and I'm not particularly confident about getting a point. It's ridiculous, if it was Cardiff, Leicester, Hull or anyone else above us, I would be confident of taking all three points. Because it's Palace, I can't see past a 3-0 defeat.

nail on the head with those comments

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here