Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Three Brexiters Standing on the Wall Three Brexiters standing on the Wall

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
sometimes people who are in denial(see plenty of people on here) need reminding about the result in a frank open way

Jeez. Well, thanks for proving my point.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
but what some are doing on the remain side is pushing the fear agenda.

There is an incessant whine telling EU nationals they should be very afraid because the racists, xenophobes and those that love hate have voted to leave and have EU nationals firmly in their sights because we are going to pull up the drawbridge and close the borders for good.

Are you wilfully ignoring the rise in racist abuse/attacks?

Is that how Brexiteers like to party?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Are you wilfully ignoring the rise in racist abuse/attacks?

Is that how Brexiteers like to party?

No im not wilfully ignoring the rise
I have seen the stats from the met police for example that reveal hate crime has gone up from 44 instances a day pre referendum to 67 instances a day post referendum.
The rise is awful, i suspect it will die down eventually and be at the norm that is recorded.

You can add by all means thats how brexiters like to party but then you would be just one more individual who likes to claim brexiters are racists and xenophobes.......its very boring really and part of the reason why the remain camp lost,they love labelling people but never listening

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
But that was never the aim only one dreamt up by people like you so you can push the racist agenda

Your post draws attention to our increased football-styled polarisation post referendum, in which most of us have been swept up. Now, it seems that if you voted to Remain you must be an unpatriotic leftie and if you voted to Leave you are a little England racist.

It would be interesting to know how many Labour supporters voted to Remain. I imagine that there could be a 50/50 split but I don't know how many people that would represent.

Equally, it would be interesting to know how many people who want to stop all immigration (and probably start repatriation) voted to Leave. I imagine that it would be a 99/1 spilt but again have no idea of the numbers.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
but what some are doing on the remain side is pushing the fear agenda.

There is an incessant whine telling EU nationals they should be very afraid because the racists, xenophobes and those that love hate have voted to leave and have EU nationals firmly in their sights because we are going to pull up the drawbridge and close the borders for good.

how about dumbing down the lies what controlled borders actually means,how about dumbing down the false perceived hate from leavers.....how about telling some truths that have been widely reported instead of trying to scare the crap out of EU nationals.

How about spelling out those entering negotiations will be seeking a fair reciprocal deal for EU nationals already living here and Brits already living in the EU.

You lot could do all this but instead you choose the negative agenda of fear and false hate

So we should impose censorship and not publish such reports.
Only yesterday the Met police confirmed an increase in racist incidents. They were asking that both victims and witnesses to report these incidents so that they could fully investigate and bring charges.
While we all know that this is a small number of people we do not want to go back to the times when racism was more rife.
So in your world the Met police article is not a truth as it doesnt fit with your we must he positive because the leave vote is the best thing since before we joined the Common Market.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No im not wilfully ignoring the rise
I have seen the stats from the met police for example that reveal hate crime has gone up from 44 instances a day pre referendum to 67 instances a day post referendum.
The rise is awful, i suspect it will die down eventually and be at the norm that is recorded.

You can add by all means thats how brexiters like to party but then you would be just one more individual who likes to claim brexiters are racists and xenophobes.......its very boring really and part of the reason why the remain camp lost,they love labelling people but never listening

Well, you're an expert at that, so you'd know :thumbsup:

Nice to know you think the rise is awful, you'd agree that it's connected to the result of the referendum?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
So we should impose censorship and not publish such reports.

nope,nice try,i didnt say that at all,i said dumb down your false rhetoric

Only yesterday the Met police confirmed an increase in racist incidents. They were asking that both victims and witnesses to report these incidents so that they could fully investigate and bring charges.
While we all know that this is a small number of people we do not want to go back to the times when racism was more rife.

No we dont,whats your point? Instances have gone up from 44 a day to 67 a day according to the met,lets just go back to 44 instances a day,seems a figure you were content with. Maybe the 44 were probably non eu nationals anyway,you know the type of people you dont want coming here in the first place.

So in your world the Met police article is not a truth as it doesnt fit with your we must he positive because the leave vote is the best thing since before we joined the Common Market.

wait what? i just acknowledged it as truth a few posts up, i said "the rise is awful"
and yes as the economists and bankers are now telling us the best medicine for the UK is to be positive.......do you think negative is the way forward?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Maybe the 44 were probably non eu nationals anyway,you know the type of people you dont want coming here in the first place.

WTF.

When have I ever said I dont want anyone coming in this country.

Your comment is completely wrong in regards to my views on immigration and one that i find totally offensive.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
WTF.

When have I ever said I dont want anyone coming in this country.

Your comment is completely wrong in regards to my views on immigration and one that i find totally offensive.

sorry chap i didnt want you to be triggered and have a "im offended" episode

I was under the impression you were a remainer who wants free movement of European peoples but are seriously not keen on free movement of non European peoples.......you know the people you want to adhere to a current points based tier immigration system.

You want the europeans but discrimination against non europeans is fine.......i get that,thats what you people want.

dont criticise us though for wanting the opposite which is clearly less discriminatory

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No we dont,whats your point? Instances have gone up from 44 a day to 67 a day according to the met,lets just go back to 44 instances a day,seems a figure you were content with. Maybe the 44 were probably non eu nationals anyway,you know the type of people you dont want coming here in the first place.

Nice. As I said, you're an expert on labelling people.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Well, you're an expert at that, so you'd know :thumbsup:

Nice to know you think the rise is awful, you'd agree that it's connected to the result of the referendum?

of course its connected, an extra 23 instances a week over the normal amount would suggest this,who is denying it?

what it doesnt suggest however is that these attacks are somehow a rise in hate in general or the stirrings of fascism or xenophobia like the desperate wish to claim.

cue my fav video of an idiot moron claiming the worst

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I watched a Panorama programme presented by Adrian Chiles. It was set in his (oh don't we know it) beloved West Brom area and the hypothesis was 'many people seem to stereotype Brexit voters as thick but this is unfair so let's meet some and hear what they've got to say'. Chiles was ultra-patient and understanding in his questioning technique and seemed genuinely sympathetic to the folk he spoke to. Unfortunately (and you could say that this was a stitch-up by the metropolitan elite at the BBC if that's what you believe) the interviewees came across as..........well, let's just say that the hypothesis and the image of these citizens didn't really emerge unscathed.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Huh? The point being, many people, like yourself, reduce an incredibly important decision in the history of Britain to, 'You lost, get over it.'
Not at all, but to label over 17 million people as "moronic and "monsters" and "racist " etc is desperate and whining.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Not at all, but to label over 17 million people as "moronic and "monsters" and "racist " etc is desperate and whining.

Who did that then?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
of course its connected, an extra 23 instances a week over the normal amount would suggest this,who is denying it?

what it doesnt suggest however is that these attacks are somehow a rise in hate in general or the stirrings of fascism or xenophobia like the desperate wish to claim.

cue my fav video of an idiot moron claiming the worst

On the one hand you say they are awful, and then on the other you seem to say, no big deal it'll blow over, hey look at this idiot remainer! Haw haw what a fool.

Wonder how many people she's been abusing in the street, telling them to go home.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I watched a Panorama programme presented by Adrian Chiles. It was set in his (oh don't we know it) beloved West Brom area and the hypothesis was 'many people seem to stereotype Brexit voters as thick but this is unfair so let's meet some and hear what they've got to say'. Chiles was ultra-patient and understanding in his questioning technique and seemed genuinely sympathetic to the folk he spoke to. Unfortunately (and you could say that this was a stitch-up by the metropolitan elite at the BBC if that's what you believe) the interviewees came across as..........well, let's just say that the hypothesis and the image of these citizens didn't really emerge unscathed.

i saw that programme,there were plenty like it.
I was quite angry at the time that the only people they seemed to interview were people that struggled to put their case forward,either badly or with little sense on the camera. Unfortunately not everyone is a TV presenter superstar and all these interviews reinforced was that the establishment was massively out of touch with ordinary people on the issue of EU. When you sneer at people who have genuine concerns you will reap the backlash. The Tories and Labour are still struggling with this truth

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
On the one hand you say they are awful, and then on the other you seem to say, no big deal it'll blow over, hey look at this idiot remainer! Haw haw what a fool.

Wonder how many people she's been abusing in the street, telling them to go home.

where did i say its no big deal,? i said "the rise is awful".....why invent something false i have said?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here