Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thought's on yesterday's performance

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I agree that we probably need more cover up front, but in reality, there was no way you could take Maupay or Trossard off on Saturday.
Switching Groß for March worked well, I thought.

Admittedly, if Nunez had wanted to sign for us, we may have won the game, but that's far from guaranteed and he doesn't.
It will be interesting to see who our next target is, but it won't surprise me if we don't sign anyone and we manage to score more goals than last season, regardless...

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
But you cannot expect a fan to contribute to buy a player directly no matter how negative that fan may be in your view. Therefore, your post is pathetic IMHO, and mine was not silly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a set of rules for sustainability, that means however much Tony Bloom might be willing to spend on a striker and his wages, there is a limit beyond which we cannot go, without facing a transfer embargo or other restrictions. The only way we can spend at a higher level than we are is to increase revenues, the club needs to sell us more shit, sell a top player or two, send anyone we don't intend to use this season but can't or don't want to sell out on loan, for as much of their wage as we can get.
It looked to me that the club was trying hard to do that, and get that wage bill down enough to bring in Nunez, but fell short, it might be that if Locadia had got somewhere to go, even on partial wage, we could have done something.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
It is a sensible response to a second pathetic post. And, yes, my brother is gigantic and at least twice the size of all brothers EVER.

Best solution is to put you on ignore. :bigwave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely no-one is actually serious about a top 6 finish?

You have just been whooshed by [MENTION=528]attila[/MENTION], a man endowed with many talents, the gift of irony not among the most prominent. :lolol:

:facepalm:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I see the fishermen are here...

Anyway... on a sidenote, how shit was their new Japanese right back? He didnt look anywhere near the required level with or without the ball. Even felt uncomfortable watching him as if he knew he was completely out of his league and only playing because they made a huge effort to sign him.

He was fine, started shakily and got done a couple of times, but then settled down and was very good second half - their whole defence was very good really. For all the talk of our 'plethora of missed chances' we actually created very little clearcut, they were particularly good at defending our set pieces which most teams have struggled with.

Build from the back is the old mantra, and on this evidence Arteta is going about things the right way.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Thoughts? Well, for a start, I think that BBC man of the match rating is a load of rubbish!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58667889

Not a Duffy hater by any means. Delighted (and surprised) that he's back with us and playing well - but man of the match (and Moder the worst player on the pitch, on our side anyway)? I don't think so! I wonder who actually contribues to those ratings anyway - over-excited 12 year old boys perhaps? Or is it the same sort of idiots that sabotaged the Player of the Season vote?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Best solution is to put you on ignore. :bigwave:

I was clearly joking, but ignore is the last resort and also pathetic IMHO

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
There is a set of rules for sustainability, that means however much Tony Bloom might be willing to spend on a striker and his wages, there is a limit beyond which we cannot go, without facing a transfer embargo or other restrictions. The only way we can spend at a higher level than we are is to increase revenues, the club needs to sell us more shit, sell a top player or two, send anyone we don't intend to use this season but can't or don't want to sell out on loan, for as much of their wage as we can get.
It looked to me that the club was trying hard to do that, and get that wage bill down enough to bring in Nunez, but fell short, it might be that if Locadia had got somewhere to go, even on partial wage, we could have done something.

I agree with all of this.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He was fine, started shakily and got done a couple of times, but then settled down and was very good second half - their whole defence was very good really. For all the talk of our 'plethora of missed chances' we actually created very little clearcut, they were particularly good at defending our set pieces which most teams have struggled with.

Build from the back is the old mantra, and on this evidence Arteta is going about things the right way.

Arteta is doing what GP is doing but is a year and a half behind. He has a much bigger war chest and imo Arsenal will be there or thereabouts by season’s end but probably not good enough yet to win anything. They will be a force again soon though, again just imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here