Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Thought's on yesterday's performance

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
Last night ‘was’ reminiscent of last season, with one big difference…we were playing Arsenal. Last season we were dominating like that teams around us at the bottom with the same disappointing result, but not the ‘best’ teams. Yes Arsenal are dog sh!t this season and not the same Arsenal we played last season, but they did play very well against Tottenham. I think we made them look bad. We played very well. We drew against a top team and we were the only team that deserved to win, and very easily could have won. We are better than last season, Arsenal are worse than last season but a confident draw against Arsenal is still impressive I feel. They’re really not as bad as their position in the league would suggest. They will go on and beat a lot of the other teams in the league and move back up the table. I still saw progression last night despite Arsenals obvious regression.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Excellent performance, but we can't finish, I genuinely thought we'd never tuck away any of the plethora of half chances.

In fairness, the :lol:ESL club of Bergkamp and Henry class:lol:, made scoring life hard for us by packing the 6 yard box. Who'd have thought that, we swapped places.

Chopera

Apr 23, 2021
The best part for me was that we didn't miss Bissouma. Or at least it didn't show in the same way it did against Palace. It's very unlikely that we'll find/develop a defensive midfielder like him, but yesterday showed we don't particularly need to. We can adapt the system to the strengths of the midfielders we have available. I personally think Moder will become a box-to-box midfielder. He reminds me of Lampard in that he can defend, but is also able to make late runs into the opposition's area and score/create goals.

As for the missed chances, I don't think we really did miss that many golden opportunities to score. I think it's a bit of a psychological issue that's been attached to us because of last season. Arsenal possibly missed as many clear cut chances as we did, but nobody seems to be mentioning that.

I see the fishermen are here...

Anyway... on a sidenote, how shit was their new Japanese right back? He didnt look anywhere near the required level with or without the ball. Even felt uncomfortable watching him as if he knew he was completely out of his league and only playing because they made a huge effort to sign him.

I particularly liked his throw in technique.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Best performance of season. Sums up by happy with a point before game and felt at end could have got 3.
Appreciate ended up having a good game but still concerned about Burn at LCB. Because Cuccuella spent so much of game in attack it left Burn covering LB position which he is not good at. After going past Burn twice in first 15 mins very surprised Saka didnt stay wide more. Thankfully he didnt

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry to trigger your stalking beeper on a sunday lunchtime. But try watching what you're seeing. Or, if you find that a bit difficult, look at the stats (21 shots, 2 on target). Or try and find a single match report that doesn't highlight our lack of end product :shrug:

A slight exaggeration there. 21 shots, 9 of which were on target.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Played better for 90 minutes than we did in any of the four games we actually won. We have had a lot bit of fortune go our way this season and yesterday was maybe the reverse as we were unfortunate not to find a goal. Still, swings and roundabouts.

Given our injury issues I would have bit your hand off for a point before the game, especially seeing Arsenal destroy Spurs last weekend.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Best performance of season. Sums up by happy with a point before game and felt at end could have got 3.
Appreciate ended up having a good game but still concerned about Burn at LCB. Because Cuccuella spent so much of game in attack it left Burn covering LB position which he is not good at. After going past Burn twice in first 15 mins very surprised Saka didnt stay wide more. Thankfully he didnt

Webby hopefully fit after international break, ideal opponents to let him have 25 minutes to get back to match speed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here