Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those Two lads shot dead in Florida......

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Personally, yes, I think there is likely to be a less sympathetic attitude to a soldier being killed in a war zone, to a tourist being killed in Florida,
on holiday.
Soldiers are aware of the risk of being soldiers. Every family states: He died doing what he loved.
Every soldier interviewed says: I want the opportunity to put into practice my training (this often involves killing people)
Every time a soldier is killed, people are supposed to show unmitigated grief for the 'poor boys'.
Our troops, doing what they love, in a profession they have chosen, routinely kill people, people in their own countries.
Whilst its a shame that our young men and women get killed in wars, it is definitely a part of the job description, even if unwritten, so
being over sensitive about them losing their lives is a bit daft. It happens. It happens a lot.
Its what soldiers primarily do in wars. They kill and injure people, or they are killed and are injured.
Tourist agendas tend to be somewhat different.

Plus a soldier is out there fighting for home streets to remain free in our countries.
This is deserving of full respect - but doesn't actually have anything to do with death on the streets and crime.

The perp. is free to choose a path in life, and has taken away two other people's choices when they weren't threatening his.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Soldiers have been known to kill innocents as well.

Not sure why we have to compare soldiers doing what they do, being allied to any thread on nsc when people get killed.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So that makes it alright does it ? So there should be less of a sympathetic attitude ? come out and say it , have the courage of your convictions, dont just leave a few mealy mouthed dots at the end of your statement.

:rolleyes:

So I am in the wrong for not feeling more sympathy for people knowingly going into a war zone than 2 men in their early 20s that ended up in a bad part of town and got shot on holiday?

Ill repeat the smiley :facepalm:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
So someone in prison for fraud, driving without due care, drink driving, non-payment of fines etc deserves to die ... FFS think about it, highly debateable I'd say

This thread really is a train wreck of idiotic comments :lolol:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
So someone in prison for fraud, driving without due care, drink driving, non-payment of fines etc deserves to die ... FFS think about it, highly debateable I'd say

OR, just a thought... the people who work there ???

Oh but they know what they're getting in for, like soliders do, so it doesn't really count if they die, right NSC?! :rolleyes:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
:rolleyes:

So I am in the wrong for not feeling more sympathy for people knowingly going into a war zone than 2 men in their early 20s that ended up in a bad part of town and got shot on holiday?

Ill repeat the smiley :facepalm:
No, you're in the wrong for leaving............... at the end of your sentence , implying no sympathy at all, perhaps even outright hostility to those concerned, IE british soldiers, and secondly for not having the courage to put what i'm sure you really think, IE they get what they deserve, hope this helps.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
No, you're in the wrong for leaving............... at the end of your sentence , implying no sympathy at all, perhaps even outright hostility to those concerned, IE british soldiers, and secondly for not having the courage to put what i'm sure you really think, IE they get what they deserve, hope this helps.

Oh ok so you have no issue with what i said , but with what I didnt say which you think I was trying to say (i wasnt)? At the end of the day, soldiers are payed for what they do, which ultimately involves killing people or being killed, i dont believe they dont deserve sympathy, but they dont deserve MORE than 2 lads shot for no apaparent reason on holiday. Less sympathy? Yes probably, they and their are fully awarevof the risks. certainly dont think it is any worse than when a firefighter is burnt alive, yet that never gets the same sort of national attention.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh ok so you have no issue with what i said , but with what I didnt say which you think I was trying to say (i wasnt)? At the end of the day, soldiers are payed for what they do, which ultimately involves killing people or being killed, i dont believe they dont deserve sympathy, but they dont deserve MORE than 2 lads shot for no apaparent reason on holiday. Less sympathy? Yes probably, they and their are fully awarevof the risks. certainly dont think it is any worse than when a firefighter is burnt alive, yet that never gets the same sort of national attention.
Type this with a bit of haste did you ? It certainly looks like it has been, anyway, to be perfectly honest , it comes across as a bit 6th form common roomy if you know what I mean, you do display hostility in my opinion, albeit unwittingly,and the "lads shot for no apparent reason", whilst very sad, is incomparable , for two reasons, firstly , and what nobody seems to mention when commenting on service personnel, is that they are SERVING their country, the concept does exist you know, and secondly, maybe i'm wrong in assuming this, but are there many people on here who dont have the suspicion that the two tourists were trying to buy a bit of gear, and came unstuck ??

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Twenty years on death row to reflect on what he has done. Twenty years for human rights organisations to waste tax payers money by trying to get the sentence over turned. Let him burn in hell!

This, this and this
Scum, save money and execute him.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Got to be honest here Bushy, but I never met anybody in the forces claiming to be 'serving their country'. Met hundreds who were in the forces as an employment avenue, to learn a trade, and have the opportunity of travel, adventure, regardless of the dangers, but never once, did I hear one person say they joined the services in order to serve their country. In fact, if anybody did say it, im fairly sure they would have had ridicule directed at them.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Type this with a bit of haste did you ? It certainly looks like it has been, anyway, to be perfectly honest , it comes across as a bit 6th form common roomy if you know what I mean, you do display hostility in my opinion, albeit unwittingly,and the "lads shot for no apparent reason", whilst very sad, is incomparable , for two reasons, firstly , and what nobody seems to mention when commenting on service personnel, is that they are SERVING their country, the concept does exist you know, and secondly, maybe i'm wrong in assuming this, but are there many people on here who dont have the suspicion that the two tourists were trying to buy a bit of gear, and came unstuck ??

Typing on my phone... I don't know where you are getting this hostility from, i have nothing 'against' our troops (in the way that you do against muslims for example). And i'll say it again, i dont think that a soldier getting killed is more deserving of our sympathy.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Got to be honest here Bushy, but I never met anybody in the forces claiming to be 'serving their country'. Met hundreds who were in the forces as an employment avenue, to learn a trade, and have the opportunity of travel, adventure, regardless of the dangers, but never once, did I hear one person say they joined the services in order to serve their country. In fact, if anybody did say it, im fairly sure they would have had ridicule directed at them.
Thats because you were in the Navy, in a totally different era, and were never ever in harms way( i cant take your laughable claims about the icelandic cod wars seriously)

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Thats because you were in the Navy, in a totally different era, and were never ever in harms way( i cant take your laughable claims about the icelandic cod wars seriously)

You can say what you like Bushy, sadly, I feel your constant attempts to lionise soldiers being killed is to justify your own waste of time in a war to gain their reflected glory. Hopefully, im wrong, but thats how you come across to me.
The totally different era also involved boarding armed pirate ships, evacuations from war zones etc etc.
Being rammed by Icelandic gunboats in waters that involve a survival rate of 3 minutes is no laughing matter either,
and if sent to a major warzone, I would have had little say in the matter. Is that when you go from zero to a hero?
Being sent to a war you had no choice in?
Colleagues from my era went on to be bombed and sunk in the Falklands. I could have been killed just as easily.
Denigrating others service, because they dont agree with you on a political point regarding the futile waste of life in Afghanistan
and Iraq, does you no credit.
Its laughable.

Was i not SERVING MY COUNTRY!!! Was i not a HERO???

As I have to treat anybody in the military at the moment, from clerk, cook, to supply branch members as a HERO.... just for being in the forces, which is also laughable.
And like I said....NOBODY except ex soldiers, defending futile arguments on the internet, use the "serving their country" bs

:-D

Last edited:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Just starting to make yourself look like a tit now bushy

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here