Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those Two lads shot dead in Florida......

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
What does everyone think?

Feel awful for the families/friends obviously but all sounds a bit too odd. Having been to Sarasota i would never consider walking through that area in the day let alone at 3am on a Saturday.....have a feeling it wll all unravell soon...

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Um, feel worse for soldiers shot in Afghanistan, they're lucky to get a holiday at all.

Slightly different circumstances there. As awful as it is either way, soldiers know what they are getting themselves into and know that its "part of the job" so to speak. People on holiday are not expecting to be shot!

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/apr/18/british-murders-florida-arrest

I think its pretty shocking that its a 16 year old that did it! Though its not uncommon in America these days. Lived in Florida for a year and been to Sarasota and I knew to stay clear of the area. Perhaps they had no idea and it really is tragic.

of course it could be wrong place wrong time. but its a good few miles outside of downtown and the beaches and just seems to suspicious. Cant believe that lad is 16...looks in his 20's easily,such a sad situation....will probably face the death penalty now

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Without knowing anything about the victims,I don't think they were there by accident I think they knew where they were & were there for a reason whether it was recreational or business I think it was to do with drugs.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Compared to London knife/gun crime age, a 16 year old committing this Florida crime is positively an adult!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
_52236187_tyson,shawn.jpg

Police said the boy had previously been arrested for aggravated assault with a handgun on 7 April.

Surprisingly lax?

Makes you grateful. I've wandered the some dodgy streets in South America in the early hours and never really considered the danger - probably because I was drunk.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Without knowing anything about the victims,I don't think they were there by accident I think they knew where they were & were there for a reason whether it was recreational or business I think it was to do with drugs.

I think that may be a fair assessment.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
of course it could be wrong place wrong time. but its a good few miles outside of downtown and the beaches and just seems to suspicious. Cant believe that lad is 16...looks in his 20's easily,such a sad situation....will probably face the death penalty now

Search on google maps for Carver Court, Sarasota, FL, United States. Looks like a right shithole on google streetmap.

A couple of rash accusatons on this thread already, mabye wait and see what the local OB come up with.

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
Search on google maps for Carver Court, Sarasota, FL, United States. Looks like a right shithole on google streetmap.

A couple of rash accusatons on this thread already, mabye wait and see what the local OB come up with.

Well given the area and the time the accusations do seem appropriate. Now if they were looking for drugs odds are we will never know. A more likely story is that they were out on the town for the night, got drunk and stumbled down the wrong street.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
The drugs argument doesn't stack up. Two middle class lads on holiday with their parents at most might want a bit of weed, surely you can get that easily in a tourist area without driving miles from where you're staying into somewhere that looks like a scene out of boys n the hood.

Either way it's pretty sad and depressing stuff for everyone involved

Peever

Sep 5, 2010
Canada
The drugs argument doesn't stack up. Two middle class lads on holiday with their parents at most might want a bit of weed, surely you can get that easily in a tourist area without driving miles from where you're staying into somewhere that looks like a scene out of boys n the hood.

Hence my "Got Drunk and stumbled down the wrong street"

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

Whether he is 16 or 20 it dosent matter.You do an adult crime you do the adult time.how many people has he killed before this.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven

They were miles out of town,they didn't just turn the wrong corner,they knew where they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here