Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those Two lads shot dead in Florida......

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
I know many people (everybody) will disagree but I feel slightly sorry for the 16 year old.

Yeah, shooting somebody isn't right and obviously he should be punished BUT would he have turned out the same way if he'd been born into a family in Brighton? Of course not. He probably has never known anything else then gang warfare and violence.

His role modles would be gang members with money, women and success. What does he have to live for? How many people from his estate have ever gone on to be anything good? Each and every single person on here would be exactly the same in his situation. Prison doesn't make a different to somebody like him.

Life is a violence and drugged vuled nightmate in prison... which is exactly how it is when he's out :shrug:

Last edited:

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
I know many people (everybody) will disagree but I feel slightly sorry for the 16 year old.

Yeah, shooting somebody isn't right and obviously he should be punished BUT would he have turned out the same way if he'd been born into a family in Brighton? Of course not. He probably has never known anything else then gang warfare and violence.

His role modles would be gang members with money, women and success. What does he have to live for? How many people from his estate have ever gone on to be anything good? Each and every single person on here would be exactly the same in his situation. Prison doesn't make a different to somebody like him.

Life is a violence and drugged vuled nightmate in prison... which is exactly how it is when he's out :shrug:

True, but at least in prison he can't kill anyone. Maybe in extreme cases like the ones you are alluding to the death penalty is the best way to end the sufferring... :shrug:

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

I've never quite understood that argument.
Yes, it's a bad environment.
Yes, kids born into it have very little hope and almost inevitably turn to crime.
But does every single one of those no-hopers become cold blooded killers?
No.
Very few of them I would guess.

Don't waste your sympathy on this 16 year old ... he didn't have to turn into a killer.
By all means have some sympathy for the other no-hopers in Sarasota who don't turn to crime, they are the ones who deserve it more ... but not this alleged murderer, he did know better.....

.... in my opinion like.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We've stayed in Sarasota probably half a dozen times in the last 10 years. It's a lovely small city on the Gulf coast just south of Tampa. Known for it's liberal attitude and incredible beaches, Sarasota is a very laid back place. For example, each Sunday, hundreds of people gather on the beach to drum while the sun sets - and everyone turns up (old, young, hippies, suits) banging drums, tubs, plastic bottles etc. Sarasota is a charming and lovely city. Like most US cities, it doesn't have much of a centre because these places were built to a plan. There's a small business district and adjacent to that is "old town" with lovely wooden houses from the 20's. Some nice Deco buildings on the old high street housing book shops and restaurants. We always felt that the vibe is very like Lewes (although clearly not as old). Off the coast are a row of narrow keys which have been built on and make for spectacular holiday homes.

So we were staggered to hear about these shootings. Then my wife reminded me of a satnav incident we had about five years ago and this made a bit more sense. We were driving to Tampa from a part of Sarasota that we didn't know, so we used the Sat Nav. It took us through Newtown - where these lads were shot - and in the end led us to a dead end road. The area had been getting more and more shabby - matresses in the gardens, big metal fences, dogs in yards, old cars littering the place. People were hanging around in front of their tatty houses not appearing to do much. We were driving a big red SUV that was so bling that our kids called it the "Pimpmobile", so we stood out. As we went up the cul-de-sac, I noticed some people ambling into the road and "taking an interest". I'm not easily scared but I was concerned. We did a very prompt u-turn at the end of the road and hammered our way out of the district. It was the only time I have felt uncomfortable in or near Sarasota. Every town, everywhere has this kind of area but it did jar in Sarasota. I can quite understand how these poor men came to a sticky end. I can't understand however how they got there unless they were going there, or were following satnav in a car (and I believe they were not driving), or if a taxi had taken them under duress. It's very sad for all concerned - and very sad that this is how Sarasota has come to people's attention. I couldn't recommend the place highly enough and this will not stop us visiting in future.

Here's the first image I got from streetview when I clicked on Newtown. You get the idea.

newtown.JPG

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
agreed with above post. Been a few times and its a lovely city and you wouldnt really have any need to go into Newtown at all. Granted the closest i got were the outskirts and a road called 'Martin Luther King Drive' which looked dangerous from the outset so they either seriously took a wrong turn getting that far into Newtown or they meant too.....i would say Bradenton which is a town joined to Sarasota and definitely Tampa are both worse than Sarasota thought which is why we were shocked to hear this news,been twice in 2 years now.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Um, feel worse for soldiers shot in Afghanistan, they're lucky to get a holiday at all.

I know LOADS of soldiers that go on wicked holidays, Vegas, Mexico etc etc

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So that makes it alright does it ? So there should be less of a sympathetic attitude ? come out and say it , have the courage of your convictions, dont just leave a few mealy mouthed dots at the end of your statement.
Its a shite thing to say so I'd rise above it if I were you. Hustpierpoint (sic) has been a prick on here many times before I'm afraid. But the original comment about feeling more sorry for soldiers was every bit as bad. It's a ridiculous comparison for anyone to make.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Its a shite thing to say so I'd rise above it if I were you. Hustpierpoint (sic) has been a prick on here many times before I'm afraid. But the original comment about feeling more sorry for soldiers was every bit as bad. It's a ridiculous comparison for anyone to make.

ha , I've just c**ted you off on another thread !!!

There are loads of ways a person can end up in a crap area of town in the US - there are so many crap areas.

The chance of getting mugged when you look like a tennis player wearing clean fashionable clothes, middle-class white in a black neighbourhood and don't look like bad guys? Almost 100%!

These types in gangs or of this killer's breed are unlikely to have any regard for life, and they even see that killing their victims reduced their chance of getting identified and doing time. They will just unload bullets into people without any compunction or second thought.

Like has been said- every city or state has lots of such shitty areas, and those two had the misfortune to have been there. Any time is the wrong one, in that kind of wrong place.
South Africa has had the same situation for a long time as well, but whites know full well there are no-go areas. It's probably not to defined in the US, and those lads had traveled in South America so may have thought themselves streetwise.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
well then he can't kill anyone who doesn't deserve it! :debatable:

So someone in prison for fraud, driving without due care, drink driving, non-payment of fines etc deserves to die ... FFS think about it, highly debateable I'd say

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here