Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those there tonight

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
From what I understand, correct me if I am wrong, but the biggest outlay is player wages. If they all got paid less we could break even. People talk about players on £10k a week, even if they take a 75% pay cut they will be on more than £100k a year! This is where the savings should be coming from not by putting an extra 30p on beer or an extra 10% on ticket prices and keeping wages the same.

I assume you want to be in League 2?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
From what I understand, correct me if I am wrong, but the biggest outlay is player wages. If they all got paid less we could break even. People talk about players on £10k a week, even if they take a 75% pay cut they will be on more than £100k a year! This is where the savings should be coming from not by putting an extra 30p on beer or an extra 10% on ticket prices and keeping wages the same.

And who do you think we could realistically get on these lower wages that could still propell us to promotion?

With plenty of other clubs willing to offer fairly large wages to the better players we may need, the market dictates their worth and we certainly wouldn't be able to get them to sign for us instead if we weren't prepared to offer a similar wage to the other Championship clubs.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Great idea. We'll meet FFP requirements at a stroke, AND have cheap beer and pies. Even better, with the Sky money, when we get to the Prem, we'll make hundreds of millions profit as we'll only be paying the team 10% of what the rest of the division does. Genuis. Surprised TB hasn't thought of it himself. I am also going to tell my boss that everyone should take a 75% pay cut. It's so obvious.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
Any sign of the 2 pint glasses that someone mentioned on here? Or was that just a throwback to the Rod Stewart gig? Was getting excited about that one.

Thank god. At last someone cuts to the real bottom line..... Are the 2pint glasses real or another broken dream, flooded with tears and soaked up with a tissue of lies?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Thank god. At last someone cuts to the real bottom line..... Are the 2pint glasses real or another broken dream, flooded with tears and soaked up with a tissue of lies?

No sign of them in WSL.

(Although anyone who ordered one is probably still waiting for the bar staff to finish pouring it.... )

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
That must be, what, ten to fifteen thousand of us mugs every home game eh! What are the odds?

I go to football to enjoy myself. I work all sorts of shifts and it's my weekend release, as it is with most regulars. I meet friends at the game. I have a drink or two in town beforehand, it's a social event as much as anything else, and just occasionally the Albion win and make my weekend.

I may end up paying 20p extra on a pint of Strongbow each game this season, but, you know what? I'll live with that. I'll regard that additional £4.60 over the course of this next League season as money well spent as part of a Saturday afternoon spent enjoying the company of friends and some football into the bargain. I might even go crazy and order an extra pint each match, taking my additional investment up to £9.20, because that's how CRAZY I am. Don't spend it all at once, Sami!
£2.50 for a coffee, you guys are way too crazy for me! x

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why not a simple Happy Hour between 7pm and 8pm for 3pm kick-off matches? BOGOF on pints and pies. Better than people just bogging off by 6pm as currently happens.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Why not a simple Happy Hour between 7pm and 8pm for 3pm kick-off matches? BOGOF on pints and pies. Better than people just bogging off by 6pm as currently happens.

More seriously, this is what the Sharks do at T20 games......no idea if it's a success or not

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here