Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those there tonight

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Oh, something else of note: Sami has gone back to using Gus' dugout...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I've worked out my usual consumption of pie and beer will cost me roughly an extra £50 a season

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
The pie increase has nothing to do with the club. Just thought I'd make that point...

So your inference is that the manufacturer has put up prices to the club.
A previous poster said the approximate cost was approx 75p per pie. I would suggest thats not a million miles away but allowing for volume I would suggest 60-65p was nearer the mark.
The club have raised pie prices by 5% so on that basis they are probably paying around 68p per pie. In at 68p, out at £4.10. Not a mark-up to be ashamed of ( taking other costs out as well )
Net profit per pie ( approx £2.50 )...sales per game, including friendlies and cup matches...average 8000 pies...at £2.50....£20,000....roughly 27 home games.....£540.000.
Thats COG paid for then!
( ps I'm not aware of any raw material costs that would have warranted an increase other than packaging, and thats been regularly downgraded )

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
So people don't want to pay and extra 20p for a pie and a pint? I wonder if theses are the same bed wetters that expect TB to spunk millions on players and wages?

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Ah yes, that really annoying kettling manoeuvre they do when they want to close the concourses by about 6-6.30pm so they can go home for their tea. That wasn't how it was originally supposed to be shirley? We were all supposed to stay and drink with gay abandon long into the night. That soon fell by the wayside.

And where are the spicy Thai noodles ? That's the only reason I keep going ..........just in the hope.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
So people don't want to pay and extra 20p for a pie and a pint? I wonder if theses are the same bed wetters that expect TB to spunk millions on players and wages?
No no no, you won't find any hypocrites on here.

A guy on twitter said we should just pay the extra few K a week for Ward in one tweet then the very next one said he was disgusted at the price of a pint. There didn't seem to be a hint of irony either.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Any sign of the 2 pint glasses that someone mentioned on here? Or was that just a throwback to the Rod Stewart gig? Was getting excited about that one.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If you don't like the increase don't pay it, or am I being a bit simple there.
One less pie or pint is not going to cause you any harm and who knows if enough don't buy, the club may lower their prices.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A previous poster said the approximate cost was approx 75p per pie. I would suggest thats not a million miles away but allowing for volume I would suggest 60-65p was nearer the mark.
The club have raised pie prices by 5% so on that basis they are probably paying around 68p per pie. In at 68p, out at £4.10. Not a mark-up to be ashamed of ( taking other costs out as well )
Net profit per pie ( approx £2.50 )...sales per game, including friendlies and cup matches...average 8000 pies...at £2.50....£20,000....roughly 27 home games.....£540.000.
Thats COG paid for then!
( ps I'm not aware of any raw material costs that would have warranted an increase other than packaging, and thats been regularly downgraded )

There are plenty of others in the food chain (cough) or with their finger in the pie (cough) than just the manufacturer. I suspect it's more a combination of either charges the club impose on the caterer (or a renegotiation of profit share if there is one), or the caterer trying to make a few more £, or more likely both.

I doubt very much that Piglets or Harveys are seeing much of this at all

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
There are plenty of others in the food chain (cough) or with their finger in the pie (cough) than just the manufacturer. I suspect it's more a combination of either charges the club impose on the caterer (or a renegotiation of profit share if there is one), or the caterer trying to make a few more £, or more likely both.

I doubt very much that Piglets or Harveys are seeing much of this at all

Think you will find that Caterers decide on price and make the profit as it is a Franchise, maybe the club may make a bit more as the deal I would imagine includes a % of the profit.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
They've done something to the perimeter flashing advertising stuff. It was brighter, with more colours, loads more contrast and with no missing pixels. Much more professional. Much more distracting too.
Totally agree. I was in W1D row E, so very much in line with the pitch surface, and once the light dropped, it proved quite difficult at times, particularly it seems with black/white/red advertising bits which were as Goldstone1976 says, very contrasty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
There is new flooring in the east stand concourse, where we were, so it won't be as slippery.

First time I've been in the East Stand concourse for a game and was surprised at how poor the facilities were compared with the North Stand. Far more womens toilets than mens toilets and far less catering outlets, unless maybe they'd closed part of it off to accommodate the Saints fans.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Mug, on both counts!!!"

If you say so, but luckily it's my choice. All part of the afternoon for me, and 20p is neither here nor there. How much did they go up last year ?

As others have said, I love the irony of the bleating about (someone else) not spending (their) millions on players, whilst at the same time crying like babies about a 50p or £1 increase in the cost of an afternoon's entertainment.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
They now do this deal,

You can either get a pie and a pint for £7.50 or you could get a deal that includes 2 pints and 2 pies at the price of £16, work that one out.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's not really about 20p or 30p though is it?

The bottom line is that prices have increased (as a percentage) significantly more than the rate of inflation. A friend of mine in 1901 said they had a chicken balti curry available for...£14.50!!! They have also laid off the lounge manager in his room and are not replacing them.

The question is when is enough, enough?

The club's attitude is the biggest problem for me rather than 20p here or there, they are basically taking the pi** out of us and all the time fans keep accepting the odd 20p the more they will continue to do it.

£14 million and £8 million losses in the first 2 years at the Amex suggest otherwise or you would have had to pay far more or recieved a far inferior product for them to balance the books. People want success on the pitch and that comes at a price and the only way to keep that competitive is to increase revenue (charge a little bit more on some items) and / or cut costs (like staff which are already surplus to requirements, maybe like a lounge manager)

They would be taking the piss if they had made £14 million and £8 million Profits.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Thats COG paid for then!

Love how over simplified people make these sort of calculations.

Where is the other costs to the club, the staff serving, wastage from unsold pies, costs of heating them up, equipment depreciation costs (which will wear out and need to be replaced one day) etc.....

Also - whats to say that the ones being brought for 75p - £1 mentioned earlier in the thread arn't the unsold, uncooked matchday pies which have been frozen and sold off at a reduced rate?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here