Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Those there tonight

Seagull97

Jan 13, 2014
Regarding the chanting there was f**k all except for a few of us singing on our own, wow I forgot how bad pre-season is.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Shame, I liked them. No more fore me out of principle, I could afford it but won't be made a mug of.

I went to the much hyped Meat Liquor in town pre-match where it turns out they charge £8 for a burger and £3 for fries. Seems like people don't mind forking out for that so can't say I'm overly worried about the pies going up 20p.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Regarding the chanting there was f**k all except for a few of us singing on our own, wow I forgot how bad pre-season is.
I know. Did it once at Worthing a few years ago and said i wouldn't do i again

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I spend >£500 on a season ticket, and god knows what else in following the Albion. Call me frivolous, but in all honesty I can probably soak up 20p extra each fortnight on a pie, as will most people, I'm sure.

Viva Edna, totally right.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I went tonight (didn't bother with a pie).

I thought Kemy had as good a half as I've seen him play in an Albion shirt but many of the younger players were truly out of their depth against quality[ish] opposition. Poor chicksen got ran ragged in the first half and Solly barely got a kick. Fenelon was easily marshalled and we looked completely toothless for most of the game.

A little better when KLL gave their right back something to think about but all in all completely outplayed and lucky to keep the score down to 3.

The new guys all showed glimes of quality but some cohesion will take a little time.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Straight back to the Evening Star after the games this season. Why wait around for an expensive pint in a floppy glass served by divs?

I will always be at every game but won't be spending at the stadium. Shame, big shame. And it means I avoid the dickhead stewards - "can you start moving along"?

BattFink

Jan 31, 2012
Buggers Hole
Tonight was quite an interesting one for me :(

Was in a rush home from work, bought a ticket last minute (using print at home) & somehow the stupid ticketing software managed to book my season ticket seat in the north stand, I only spotted the mistake on the train down to Brighton.

Got to the stadium at 7.30ish & had to queue behind a small army of foreign language students, got the ticket swapped over for a ticket in the east stand to find myself sitting right in the middle of the foreign exchange students, who quite clearly had no interest in being there & sat through most of the game chatting away, playing with their phones etc...

Half time, went for a beer & luckily they pulled one of the shutters up as I walked past, so quickly grabbed a pie & a pint. But the other were immense

On the positive side they got the Balti pie perfect

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
yes but your speaking for yourself , will be interesting to see how the sales go ,DEPENDS ON HOW MANY PIES SOME PEOPLE EAT ???
regards
DR

I ONLY EAT ONE PIE THANKS ???

Regards

xx

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I went tonight (didn't bother with a pie).

I thought Kemy had as good a half as I've seen him play in an Albion shirt but many of the younger players were truly out of their depth against quality[ish] opposition. Poor chicksen got ran ragged in the first half and Solly barely got a kick. Fenelon was easily marshalled and we looked completely toothless for most of the game.

A little better when KLL gave their right back something to think about but all in all completely outplayed and lucky to keep the score down to 3.

The new guys all showed glimes of quality but some cohesion will take a little time.

Summed up really well mate

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I had to PAY £5.30* for a TRAIN TICKET too! Outrageous! Barber out!

*plus another £3.20 when I got to Brighton & remembered I'd forgotten to get a ticket to Falmer.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Straight back to the Evening Star after the games this season. Why wait around for an expensive pint in a floppy glass served by divs?

I will always be at every game but won't be spending at the stadium. Shame, big shame. And it means I avoid the dickhead stewards - "can you start moving along"?

As you say, shame, big shame.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Must admit with the cost of tickets being so high I stopped a year ago from buying food, drink, and programmes at the ground, and as many have said - just have a beer in the pub before or after the game and do yourself a bit of grub before you leave to go to the match. You save a fortune over the season. I like many only have so much I can afford and at the moment it all goes on the tickets.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
It's not really about 20p or 30p though is it?

The bottom line is that prices have increased (as a percentage) significantly more than the rate of inflation. A friend of mine in 1901 said they had a chicken balti curry available for...£14.50!!! They have also laid off the lounge manager in his room and are not replacing them.

The question is when is enough, enough?

The club's attitude is the biggest problem for me rather than 20p here or there, they are basically taking the pi** out of us and all the time fans keep accepting the odd 20p the more they will continue to do it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mug, on both counts!!!"

That must be, what, ten to fifteen thousand of us mugs every home game eh! What are the odds?

I go to football to enjoy myself. I work all sorts of shifts and it's my weekend release, as it is with most regulars. I meet friends at the game. I have a drink or two in town beforehand, it's a social event as much as anything else, and just occasionally the Albion win and make my weekend.

I may end up paying 20p extra on a pint of Strongbow each game this season, but, you know what? I'll live with that. I'll regard that additional £4.60 over the course of this next League season as money well spent as part of a Saturday afternoon spent enjoying the company of friends and some football into the bargain. I might even go crazy and order an extra pint each match, taking my additional investment up to £9.20, because that's how CRAZY I am. Don't spend it all at once, Sami!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Ah yes, that really annoying kettling manoeuvre they do when they want to close the concourses by about 6-6.30pm so they can go home for their tea. That wasn't how it was originally supposed to be shirley? We were all supposed to stay and drink with gay abandon long into the night. That soon fell by the wayside.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Tonight was quite an interesting one for me :(

Was in a rush home from work, bought a ticket last minute (using print at home) & somehow the stupid ticketing software managed to book my season ticket seat in the north stand, I only spotted the mistake on the train down to Brighton.

Got to the stadium at 7.30ish & had to queue behind a small army of foreign language students, got the ticket swapped over for a ticket in the east stand to find myself sitting right in the middle of the foreign exchange students, who quite clearly had no interest in being there & sat through most of the game chatting away, playing with their phones etc...

Half time, went for a beer & luckily they pulled one of the shutters up as I walked past, so quickly grabbed a pie & a pint. But the other were immense

On the positive side they got the Balti pie perfect
As Sami has already been quoted as saying, you can learn from every game, even friendlies (or words to that effect) and I think he will have learn a little more about some of his players tonight.

Hopefully the main thing he will have learned (if he didn't know already) is that we are still 2-3 players short of being a good side. Based on tonight, Kemy has to start as does KLL. Stockdale will be a good keeper for us and Crofts will again be a major factor in how well we do.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk
Just wont spend as much on a match day at the stadium. Exactly the same pies from same company, sold at my place of work for £2.50.

With all due respect your work is probably a 5-7 day a week operation whereas the Amex trades for 0.3 days a week on average so costs are not gonna be the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here