Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This whole ID thing

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Surely some people will sit where they want, meaning the system fails?

Your ticket has a seat number. Doesn't matter where you are sitting. If you cause trouble the police will match the seat number on your ticket to the name of the person who bought it and check your ID. If these are not the same, then both will be banned for a year. Really doesn't matter what seat you are in - what matters is that your ID and the ID of the person who bought your ticket are the same.

It's not complicated.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Someone would still need to link each physical paper ticket and its seat number to each purchaser, which I thought would simply be too much of a ballache for anyone to bother doing.

You only need to link the seat number and the name and that could be a simple spreadsheet with two columns, one for the name and one for the seat number. Have you ever used Excel?

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Your ticket has a seat number. Doesn't matter where you are sitting. If you cause trouble the police will match the seat number on your ticket to the name of the person who bought it and check your ID. If these are not the same, then both will be banned for a year. Really doesn't matter what seat you are in - what matters is that your ID and the ID of the person who bought your ticket are the same.

It's not complicated.

Unless somebody went straight in without being ID'd, and got rid of their ticket as they went into the stand.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
A sensible idea would of been to make everyone upload a photo of themselves before allowing you to buy a ticket.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
What a total waste of time. The steward on the gate asked me for ID, a pulled a card out my wallet which he glanced at - when a put it back the other side of the turnstile I noticed it was some random business card I got given years ago.
Still, nice of them to let us smoke at HT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here