This whole ID thing

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I an taking a urine and semen sample with me. As my DNA is on the database

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Didn't someone on here post that they asked the club who said a LETTERHEAD would suffice, so even MADE UP ID is acceptable.
Yes, HKFC's dad contacted the club, and they said a letterhead or business card would do for 1901 members with company name tickets. A ****ing business card!

PWSeagull

Jul 24, 2007
I'm taking my Groupon login with me - I heard it was the most commonly used form of ID presented to get into Selhurst.......

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
I an taking a urine and semen sample with me. As my DNA is on the database

It's a real struggle to extract DNA from urine, it only works if you've got 'floaty bits' in it. Much better to take a fresh turd with you. A good scientist will get your DNA from the skins cells on the outside of it (ideally it needs to be of decent 'form' - the fatter and harder to pass the better), or (if you're having problems) from any blood in your stool...

So, if asked for ID hand over a freshly laid turd to the officer and job done.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Interestingly, the following is from the Met website around complaints. How many of these does the whole ID issue infringe. I would suggest that the requirements to carry ID is covered by all 4. Maybe we should all now seek compensation from the Met for there failure to adhere to these standards.

People who work in the police service should behave appropriately at all times. Expectations about the behaviour of both police officers and members of police staff are set out in their respective Standards of Professional Behaviour. These expectations include requirements to:
 act with honesty and integrity, fairness and impartiality
 treat members of the public and their colleagues with respect
 not abuse their powers and authority
 act in a manner that does not discredit or undermine public confidence in the police service.
 If you feel that someone working for the police has not met these standards, you can make a complaint.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I've put my driving licence in my wallet for tonight. What an ORDEAL, it is disgusting that I had to go through that whole process, I am OUTRAGED.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
That means that the ticket office will have had to sit and individually allocate every single ticket/seat number to its purchaser. I really can't see that happening.

You are aware that this is 21st Century! I thought tickets were only sold to season ticket holders and the information will be on the database. Worse case scenario would be that they have a spreadsheet on a smartphone. Most likely is that they won't stop many, if any, and if they do, they just ring HQ and they check. Still, if you have a ticket for tonight but feel that making a stand for civil liberties is more important than getting to the game then perhaps you shouldn't have bothered getting a ticket in the first place!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Like I said on the other thread, my ticket hasn't arrived so have to pick it up from the ground.
It's all just one big scaremongering exercise.

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
i'm sure if you get your mum to write in the letter you need to take with you about the lack of id it will be fine.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
The whole ID thing was a CON imo to prevent fans with loyalty points buying tickets for those considered less desirable by the Police. It seems to have worked perfectly and also meant that most people on the 2nd qualifyinhg band got tickets so not all bad.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
As i said on here a couple of Month's ago when i was stopped by an Officer who told me having no ID was illegal ,well technically he was right so it seem's.

You are aware that this is 21st Century! I thought tickets were only sold to season ticket holders and the information will be on the database. Worse case scenario would be that they have a spreadsheet on a smartphone. Most likely is that they won't stop many, if any, and if they do, they just ring HQ and they check. Still, if you have a ticket for tonight but feel that making a stand for civil liberties is more important than getting to the game then perhaps you shouldn't have bothered getting a ticket in the first place!

Someone would still need to link each physical paper ticket and its seat number to each purchaser, which I thought would simply be too much of a ballache for anyone to bother doing.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Then there is absolutely no point in the ID thing....

The point of the ID thing is to help make sure only real fans go and that if there is trouble, the person with the ticket (which has a seat number and therefore can be linked back to the buyer) is the person who bought the ticket. ID inside and outside the ground - so has little to do with seating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here