Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This whole ID thing

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
I am taking my mum. She will confirm that I am indeed who I say I am and then I will leave her to fight the palace outside.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Didn't someone on here post that they asked the club who said a LETTERHEAD would suffice, so even MADE UP ID is acceptable.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Photocopy the info/photo page of yr passport? Or take a photo of it on yr phone?

Photos can be manipulated though. I'm sure the plod will want original documents only.

Why not show them your teeth? These are often used to indentify people, I have seen this in the news. You always carry them, unless of course some Palace lads have knocked them out. If the old bill ask who you are show 'em your gnashers. Simples.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Photos can be manipulated though. I'm sure the plod will want original documents only.

Why not show them your teeth? These are often used to indentify people, I have seen this in the news. You always carry them, unless of course some Palace lads have knocked them out. If the old bill ask who you are show 'em your gnashers. Simples.

I have an identifying boil on my bum. I will show them my arse if they need to know who I am.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I am taking my mum. She will confirm that I am indeed who I say I am and then I will leave her to fight the palace outside.

My mum would probably say she'd never seen me before.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Very good question by the OP, as the printed conditions received with the ticket did not specify photo ID. Not everyone has a driving licence and taking your passport to a football game is ridiculous, especially when the match ticket has no details of the purchaser on them.

It's got a seat number on it so a quick call giving the seat number will identify who purchased it, simple. Having said that, it's unlikely that they will check unless you cause trouble and then you can expect a ban. Can't see how you can argue with that.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
My fan number is registered against a company. My actual name and address aren't associated with my ticket I don't think.

Being realistic. I think this was more a ploy to stop the wallys turning up and causing trouble

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I can't see them checking but if they do I have a variety of cards in my purse - bank card, EHIC card, NI, work ID, young persons rail card, season ticket etc.

I really don't want to take my passport up there!

Hmm I also just realised it's going to be an absolute nightmare if I ever lose my purse!

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
i dont what all the fuss is about - just take your passport or Driving license - if you dont have either of those bank cards will have to do. I dont understand why people get so upset about it all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here