Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This week's 1901 meal

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Well, you can either have some slices of beef and chips for £12, or pub (and Costa Del Sol) classic lasagne and chips for £14. The non-veggie lasagne eaters amongst you* also get the rather bizarre addition of some jasmine steamed rice. This is also rather bizarrely titled as a buffet.

Match Special
Salt cured beef, Hand carved slices of salt cured beef served with rustic chips & baby leaves
Beef lasagne served with rustic chips, garlic bread & baby leaves, steamed jasmine rice
Vegetarian mediterranean vegetable lasagne served with rustic chips, garlic bread & baby leaves

* and mug enough to pay £14.

@bens grandad will be happy with the salt beef.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
"Following valuable feedback we are trialling different buffet options over the course of the next few matches. This week we have altered the buffet menu and will be offering members lasagne with garlic bread and salad or carved salt beef, with rustic chips."

Professional caterers came up with a menu like this????. Lasagne and chips?, that's Starch City, Tennessee, and salt beef by all means, but surely it should be served 'on rye', in other words in a sandwich, or with pickles, not with chips.

Chips with everything, it seems to be the easiest and the cheapest option for Sodexo.

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
It's taken you this long to work it out? If you want to be nearer the ground, try the Swan, they do a great combination, quality food, decent beer, sensible prices.

If only they were the quality of something McCain's would make.

Except you can't pile it on your plate, it's a dollop of Lasgange, or a slice of Beef, or chunck Veggie, and only one portion of either chips, rice or pasta.

For 14 quids I'd want 'all you can eat' at the very least.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Can barber say that he really thinks these are quality meals at a competitive price?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"Following valuable feedback we are trialling different buffet options over the course of the next few matches. This week we have altered the buffet menu and will be offering members lasagne with garlic bread and salad or carved salt beef, with rustic chips."

am i only one to have a problem with the word "or" appearing in the same sentance as "buffet menu". you serve yourself, you choose what you want, or its not a fecking buffet.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Is this one of those Nigerian fraud mails? ???

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Just no clue have they...... but then there must be some MUGS who actually buy this??

Thing is, there aren't any MUGS buying it, well certainly not in the Overprice Lounge, nor in the Gold Lounges last weekend I understand.

am i only one to have a problem with the word "or" appearing in the same sentance as "buffet menu". you serve yourself, you choose what you want, or its not a fecking buffet.

Quite, and that is just one of the MANY reasons why no-one is buying it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Has he ever been in to town or does he just ghost in on the A23/A27?

I'm not sure which planet he lives on, so I don't know if he takes the A23/A27 or not.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Problem is - according to his notes, he doesn't understand why would do that...

If none of the email correspondence has come his way or none of his staff reported our conversations back or he hasn't read the feedback from the focus groups or he's not allowed to read NSC at work then I'm more than happy to discuss it with him in person.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here