Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This week's 1901 meal

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I shall frequent the North Stand post match and I will instigate an ARS demo if there is no rice available.

We need to get Bob Geldof on the case, he has a track record of getting rice to the needy.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Here you go folks, the lasagne, rustic chips and garlic bread and no rice option. Mmmmm. But what is rustic about the chips?

On reflection, that lasagne and chips does look like cracking hangover food.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Today four of us went to the Ginger Pig, we had three courses of excellent food (from the a la carte) and drinks for what it would have cost one on us to do the same in the 1901. The quality was immeasurably better and the price speaks for itself.
Rolled up to the ground just before kick off and left straight after the final whistle having spent zero money with the Albion.

If Paul Barber can't understand why we are now doing that then he really hasn't been listening.

Such a shame.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
Had the burger today. Quite a few eating in our lounge. It looked and tasted very nice. Large portion too. I had to leave some of my rustic chips.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Too much, £12 - £14 I believe, thats why we don't partake. It would be £42 for the 3 of us, so stick with the pies......
It is a bit pricey for fish and chips. At least the quality seems to be improving, which is a start. Perhaps the club does take notice of its customers.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Here you go folks, the lasagne, rustic chips and garlic bread and no rice option. Mmmmm. But what is rustic about the chips?

Rustic chips - left on a tray at room temperature for 4 hours to defrost before being shoved in a microwave ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It is a bit pricey for fish and chips. At least the quality seems to be improving, which is a start. Perhaps the club does take notice of its customers.

We paid £9.95 for Huss and Chips yesterday along Western Road. Only do it as a treat when down in Brighton but £14 sounds a bit steep.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
All this talk about money, and I do seem to remember that ".....the club will only need 12,000 season tickets to break even."

Fair comment, never seen the club explain reality from that figure which looks realistic when you look at other clubs attendances.

Can some one tell me what a platinum member gets that a gold does not. Is it just better seats, or is there a different package.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lolol: You've come down from Grimsby and had fish and chips! (how did they compare?)
Surprisingly the fish restaurants & chippies in Grimsby and Cleethorpes don't have Huss on the menu , they seem to concentrate on Haddock or occasionally Plaice is available and you get a funny look if you ask for Cod.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
4 x £59 3-course sit down, today. I'm told it was excellent, if overpriced.

Surprisingly the fish restaurants & chippies in Grimsby and Cleethorpes don't have Huss on the menu , they seem to concentrate on Haddock or occasionally Plaice is available and you get a funny look if you ask for Cod.
Is it called "huss" in Grimsby?

When I lived in Birmingham, it was always called "rock salmon", or just "rock". "Huss" was a word I first came across when I came to Brighton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_dogfish

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm with them on that one, horrible wormy tat.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it called "huss" in Grimsby?

When I lived in Birmingham, it was always called "rock salmon", or just "rock". "Huss" was a word I first came across when I came to Brighton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spiny_dogfish
You'll get a bewildered look if you ask for huss or rock or rock salmon , surprising as Grimsby used to be a major fishing port , it's quite a surprise to the natives if you ask for anything apart from haddock or plaice.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Fair comment, never seen the club explain reality from that figure which looks realistic when you look at other clubs attendances.

Can some one tell me what a platinum member gets that a gold does not. Is it just better seats, or is there a different package.

Seats are more entral in the WSM, and the lounges are also central, and larger.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I was in 1901 this week, quite a few people were saying the steak baguette was very nice

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here