Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This team will go down as it stands. Some people need to wake up.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Leicester & Qpr didn't give a f**k about FFP last year! There in Premier League! We are destined for Div1:moo:

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
we tried signing Ward a few days back but HE didn't come for the medical. Not the club's fault.

So Wolves would not let us speak to a player who they had publicly stated had no future with them, thereby ensuring that they (Wolves) would have to continue to pay his wages throughout the summer break, really? What is the 'loose' source of this info, not BHAFC by any chance is it?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
You're speaking like it's the end of the transfer window tonight. There's plenty of time, and everyone knows we need some new players; even the club believe it or not.

That's not the point is it. The OP is bang on. We are 2 games in Abd we are banking in (at least 4) major signings to lift the mood and give us hope for a promotion push. Let's be realistic. Our 'top' targets are long gone. We are at the 'sign em whoever' stage.
This season is dangerous limitation at best.

At before anyone says 'what til the windows closed before you judge' I won't. The season has started and we have been let behind. It's catchup as a minimum.

Feel free to. Ow pronounce your love and admiration for Bloom And all he's done etc. great property portfolio blah blah but the simple fact is we aren't stronger enough on the pitch and u can't eIt for someone to tell me 'it will be fine, 2 weeks to go, plenty of time, gave the league a 4 game head start' etc.

No matter how long you've been here, how long youve supported this club this Isn't good enough.

Enjoy your evening.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The whole thing's got the feel of the darkest Withdean days when we had to chuck the youth team at the deep end and hope for the best. How on earth has it come to this?

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
As much as I hate to say it I agree. Look at the team that finished today, compare it to our teams over the last few seasons.

The most worrying thing for me is that we have played two of the WORST teams in the league and not even scored. What happens when we play Forest or Derby?

0 points, 0 goals. I have no idea what the big plan is but at the moment the situation is quite frankly, ridiculous.

THIS

Sheff We'd and Birmingham are the bookies favourites for relegation and we would not have beaten them in a month of Sundays.

The club are a joke, our recruitment policy is a joke.

Don't give a shi* if I'm a bed wetter, anyone who keeps saying wait until Sept 1st is living in denial. We could be 12 or 15 points adrift by then and can write this season off, who do they think we are going to get? Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez?!!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The whole thing's got the feel of the darkest Withdean days when we had to chuck the youth team at the deep end and hope for the best. How on earth has it come to this?
But at least we knew we hadn't a pot to piss in.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

We have let 75% of the team leave without replacing them is the answer ... COG for Ulloa ... please no comparison but apparently we are still looking but won't spend anything over 50p

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
That's not the point is it. The OP is bang on. We are 2 games in Abd we are banking in (at least 4) major signings to lift the mood and give us hope for a promotion push. Let's be realistic. Our 'top' targets are long gone. We are at the 'sign em whoever' stage.
This season is dangerous limitation at best.

At before anyone says 'what til the windows closed before you judge' I won't. The season has started and we have been let behind. It's catchup as a minimum.

Feel free to. Ow pronounce your love and admiration for Bloom And all he's done etc. great property portfolio blah blah but the simple fact is we aren't stronger enough on the pitch and u can't eIt for someone to tell me 'it will be fine, 2 weeks to go, plenty of time, gave the league a 4 game head start' etc.

No matter how long you've been here, how long youve supported this club this Isn't good enough.

Enjoy your evening.

We were at exactly this point last season, except this year we have a win in the COC.

With regards to your "we're at the point of sign-whoever" how do you know? Or is it just conjecture like all this shit is?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We have a 14 Million deficit and the sale of all our quality players will keep the FFP twats happy!! :drink:

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
The thing that gets me is that it's not the first season we have utterly failed to complete majority of our transfer business before closing stages of August. It's not a one off and it is not the best way to setup for a season.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Quality signings needed, not unknown Spaniards etc. or unproven Premier Youth players.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I do not get, who needs to wake up. Everyone including the club knows we are trying to get players. Yesterday we were looking to get at least 2 in until Ward changed his mind.

We are where we are, let's get behind the team during this difficult time and hopefully things will pick up, to many people on here stating the obvious.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
We were at exactly this point last season, except this year we have a win in the COC.

With regards to your "we're at the point of sign-whoever" how do you know? Or is it just conjecture like all this shit is?

Your optimism is admirable, however, this time last year we still had Bridcutt, Ulloa, Barnes, Buckley, Koosh and Upson. And they are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

And we have o'Grady, Hughes, Stockdale (ok), Toko as replacements. We knew what we had this time last year, which was a squad capable of at least being competitive.

So as admirable as your optimism is, we are FAR worse off right now than this time last year. FACT.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath

This harping back on to last season, and the season beforehand and so on and so on, is nauseating.

And our 'team' this year is significantly weaker than last year!

But that aside, answer meaq

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I do not get, who needs to wake up. Everyone including the club knows we are trying to get players. Yesterday we were looking to get at least 2 in until Ward changed his mind.

We are where we are, let's get behind the team during this difficult time and hopefully things will pick up, to many people on here stating the obvious.
The club had 3 months to get a list ready...time will tell,but I'm not expecting any quality signings.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
This harping back on to last season, and the season beforehand and so on and so on, is nauseating.

And our 'team' this year is significantly weaker than last year!

But that aside, answer meaq

"Playing catch up" no more than last season.

Yeah the team is significantly weaker but you don't know what can happen in the next two weeks, or even the next week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
In the olden days you tweaked your squad over the close season and used the pre-season games as the 'Time To Gel' them into a unit. Now you sacrifice a dozen league points in August in the hope of picking up someone on the cheap in the last day of the transfer window. So you write off August, and your 'Time To Gel' writes off September also. Madness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here