Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This team will go down as it stands. Some people need to wake up.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
You're speaking like it's the end of the transfer window tonight. There's plenty of time, and everyone knows we need some new players; even the club believe it or not.

No there isn't plenty of time !! We've missed out on 6 points already ! That's the difference between getting a top 6 finish or mid table !!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Very rarely post negative stuff here but "as it stands" I agree with the OP that we will seriously struggle (although I think with Crofts and Stephens back we'd probably have just about enough to avoid relegation). The next couple of weeks are crucial.

daveyboy1973

Feb 5, 2010
bexleyheath
Let's not wet our beds, this team is fine, give them time, bloom and hyypia will sort it, 2 weeks till the end of the window, BLAH BLAH ****ING BLAH, this club shouldn't be in this position END OFF and anyone that doesn't agree with that is ****ing deluded or works for bloom!!!'

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I am fed up of this excuse. We have had ages to get in players so what makes you think we will suddenly bring in a raft of quality. We could be 12-15 points behind by then too, what is the ****ing point in that? We need to get in quality NOW.

For some reason we are finding it difficult. Maybe the 'quality' players can see we have a League 1 ready squad and don't want to be part of it!

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I get called being negative and all the rest of it. Yes i may sound it but that's because it hurts. I'm hurting because we have ripped an excellent squad to shreds and have failed to strengthen. This whole window has been embarrassing and the remains of our thin squad is equally embarrassing.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Our squad is possibly better than Blackpool's. Other than that, I can't see a weaker squad in the league than ours at the moment.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
No there isn't plenty of time !! We've missed out on 6 points already ! That's the difference between getting a top 6 finish or mid table !!!

We were no better off this stage last year. We still made the top 6.
I had a little more faith in last years squad as this years one though. There is a serious lack of 4-5 players all mainly creative players and goal scores.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
I am fed up of this excuse. We have had ages to get in players so what makes you think we will suddenly bring in a raft of quality. We could be 12-15 points behind by then too, what is the ****ing point in that? We need to get in quality NOW.

We still have two weeks :)

Who knows what happens between now and next Saturday? Maybe we'll bring in some players, and then again until the end of the month...By all means get angry or whatever if we haven't added decent reinforcements by the end of August, but how about some positivity. The club aren't just sitting there doing nothing, we tried signing Ward a few days back but HE didn't come for the medical. Not the club's fault.

The amount of anger and pissyness on this board is getting a bit ridiculous.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
For some reason we are finding it difficult. Maybe the 'quality' players can see we have a League 1 ready squad and don't want to be part of it!

I'm still hopefully that since Hyypia came in the targets had to change because of the way he wants the team to play and therefore, the new targets will arrive soon (not sure I believe it though!)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
You're speaking like it's the end of the transfer window tonight. There's plenty of time, and everyone knows we need some new players; even the club believe it or not.
Why throw 4 or so games in the process. We are playing with a relegation team at present plain and simple.

The club ask for patience. And all we get in turn is book your f@@king Christmas dinner.

Quick to take our money and throw commercial sh@t and stupid slogans at us, too slow to get a team capable of beating 2 poor teams.

Really poor show.

They have managed to shatter the feelgood factor that's been about since our return to Brighton.

Haven't felt so unlike watching football for decades.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Let's have some positivity, for gawd's sake! In two season's time, when all the other spendthrift clubs are having squad limits applied and are paying harsh financial penalties for not complying with FFP, we can really take advantage, and mount a concerted promotion push, to get out of League 2...

Last edited:

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Can't see us getting a goal with this team in this league. Can't see us getting a point if we don't keep a clean sheet. It really is a bad situation - new signings needed very very rapidly

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I get called being negative and all the rest of it. Yes i may sound it but that is because it hurts. I'm hurting because we have ripped an excellent squad to shreds and have failed to strengthen. This whole window has been embarrassing and the remains of our thin squad is equally embarrassing.

Exactly. NSC needs to stop calling people bed wetters and realise that people are concerned because they are upset with a quality squad being ripped apart. In fact I would say that the blind optimism approach is far, far more damaging than having concern for what is going on at the moment.

As we sell our best players and pick up 0 points we are also becoming less and less attractive to new players considering coming here.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Look at our squad. Just look. We need reinforcements badly. Not loans or kids who have hardly kicked a ball.

We have raked in millions by selling all our best players.. Spend some money on PROVEN PLAYERS.
I agree. Barber calls for patience but if we don't sort things in the next couple of weeks we will be in the shit. The current team is relegation standard of that I have no doubt.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You are speaking like you expect us to bring in 3 or 4 quality players before the window closes, I hope you are right, many are looking for just a sliver of hope that this may happen. The evidence this close season suggests otherwise.

If it doesn't happen, we will have a problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here