Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This story just shows what a mess our welfare state is in.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
It also doesn't change the fact that she has 11 children, whether we like it or not. They have to be housed. I just hope that as soon as they reach home leaving age she is told "The party's over flowerpot, get your shit together your out of here" and is shoved into a hovel of a bedsit with just the essentials for life.

She had 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 children before she got to 11 children.

Doubt at any stage she was told 'any chance of having a break from her one woman procreation effort', instead she has been continuously rewarded.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
She had 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 children before she got to 11 children.

Doubt at any stage she was told 'any chance of having a break from her one woman procreation effort', instead she has been continuously rewarded.

Well fortunately we don't stop people having children in this country so her children have been provided for. If you look at it in practical terms thise 11 kids would have to be cared for whether they belong to one woman or 11 seperate women so it's not really a big deal. Like I say, I hope when they leave home she gets re-homed to something more appropriate and I'm sure she will. Personally I was more pissed off with families that earn shedloads and get child benefit and spend it on holidays and Ipads.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
An average child on benefits costs state £71k. Over their working life, that child will contribute £261k in tax and NI etc. that 71000 includes Education and use of NHS I think.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is a fact of life that any system set up for any reason has people abusing it. I personally don't mind my tax going towards the vast minority of people who maybe don't need it if it means we have a welfare system and the right people get it too

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Well fortunately we don't stop people having children in this country so her children have been provided for. If you look at it in practical terms thise 11 kids would have to be cared for whether they belong to one woman or 11 seperate women so it's not really a big deal. Like I say, I hope when they leave home she gets re-homed to something more appropriate and I'm sure she will. Personally I was more pissed off with families that earn shedloads and get child benefit and spend it on holidays and Ipads.

We might not stop people from having children here, but it seems we do not encourage any semblance of self responsibility.

I am not sure your example of either 11 children to one mother can somehow relate to 1 child to 11 sets of mothers without financial implication.

By having 11 children she is not using up some quota from other mothers, her 11 children are a specific cost to the state for her and her alone, it doesn't diminish any costs to other mothers that also are in receipt of similar benefits.

There is a child benefit conundrum, but I am not ready to condemn those earning well, consuming and paying taxes ahead of the feckless.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The woman is a f***ing idiot with way too many children, of that there is no doubt. The 11 kids to one or seperate mothers was merely trying to point out that they all just add to the numbers that need benefit, it's irrelevent wether they come out of one gopping twat or eleven gopping twats.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Personally I'd put a cap on the number of bedrooms available via social housing, and cap child benefit at 3 children, it should at least serve as a deterrent. If they go over they'll have to find a way to cope, 11 kids in a 3 bed house didn't do my grandad any harm, people expect too much these days.
f
Yep, but I'd cap the child benefit at 2 kids, so only those who can afford more can take that responsibility on themselves. For too long the government has accepted people starting families just to get into social housing and the benefits system. Those in work and paying taxes don't have a problem with genuine benefits claimants but there are too many out there milking the system dry.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
f
Yep, but I'd cap the child benefit at 2 kids, so only those who can afford more can take that responsibility on themselves. For too long the government has accepted people starting families just to get into social housing and the benefits system. Those in work and paying taxes don't have a problem with genuine benefits claimants but there are too many out there milking the system dry.

So how would a mother and with six children survive then?
Or someone who had six and lost their job?

I'm more concerned with the £120 Billion owed in tax by masssive company's not this woman and even less concerned about the 9 small companies the government has decided to name and shame for not paying tax properly. Yes, it's not on but the government refuses to name and shame the big companies that owe billions.

It is a fact of life that any system set up for any reason has people abusing it. I personally don't mind my tax going towards the vast minority of people who maybe don't need it if it means we have a welfare system and the right people get it too

This seems to me quite a contrarian viewpoint. So for you it's not about the rights or wrongs of a situation, simply the scale? I also wonder if, on a per capita basis (woman + 11 kids benefits reciepts, small businesses dodging tens of thousands in tax and larger companies dodging hundreds of millions in tax) the difference is quite as large as it is in nominal terms?

The woman is a f***ing idiot with way too many children, of that there is no doubt. The 11 kids to one or seperate mothers was merely trying to point out that they all just add to the numbers that need benefit, it's irrelevent wether they come out of one gopping twat or eleven gopping twats.

No, it's not irrelevant. This woman is one of *plucks a number out of the air* 5 million unemployed single mothers receiving state benefits. Those other 4,999,999 will be claiming for their children regardless of whether this woman has 1 kid or 11 - the absolute difference to the tax payer of this woman having 11 kids is the additional benefits paid to her. It's not as if ten other women go "you know what, she's already got 11 kids, I don't think I'll bother having kids as she's already creating quite enough in benefit receipts".

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
This seems to me quite a contrarian viewpoint. So for you it's not about the rights or wrongs of a situation, simply the scale? I also wonder if, on a per capita basis (woman + 11 kids benefits reciepts, small businesses dodging tens of thousands in tax and larger companies dodging hundreds of millions in tax) the difference is quite as large as it is in nominal terms?

No, it's not irrelevant. This woman is one of *plucks a number out of the air* 5 million unemployed single mothers receiving state benefits. Those other 4,999,999 will be claiming for their children regardless of whether this woman has 1 kid or 11 - the absolute difference to the tax payer of this woman having 11 kids is the additional benefits paid to her. It's not as if ten other women go "you know what, she's already got 11 kids, I don't think I'll bother having kids as she's already creating quite enough in benefit receipts".

You have failed to grasp my meaning, or I have failed to explain myself properly. Either way, it changes not a jot the fact that I have to get my skinny white arse to work so I can pay my taxes. These eleven children won't feed themselves (nor will the mother, scrounging bitch). Larrter.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Oh, so The Sun newspaper headline was untrue. Well I never, I'll have to put down my straw hat and pitchfork now.

I'm really upset, I always believed The Sun.

Whatever the issue with this woman it's part of a wider plan to demonise those on benefits. The DWP are loving it. They sit there wanking themselves every time they hear you yelling 'Scroungers'.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh, so The Sun newspaper headline was untrue. Well I never, I'll have to put down my straw hat and pitchfork now.

I'm really upset, I always believed The Sun.

Whatever the issue with this woman it's part of a wider plan to demonise those on benefits. The DWP are loving it. They sit there wanking themselves every time they hear you yelling 'Scroungers'.
Do you really think that demonising scroungers is a recent phenomenon ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
You have failed to grasp my meaning, or I have failed to explain myself properly. Either way, it changes not a jot the fact that I have to get my skinny white arse to work so I can pay my taxes. These eleven children won't feed themselves (nor will the mother, scrounging bitch). Larrter.
Those big issues wont sell themselves.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Yes, when he said it was part of a wider plan .

I said 'it's part of a wider plan to demonise those on benefits'. That means anyone, 'scrounger' or not.

I have a disabled friend who has been called various names by ***** who read the extreme stories in the trashy media and are unable to seperate truth from fiction.

This story has some truth, but thanks to The Sun, much fiction. I'm sure the woman is taking folk for a ride, but the wider publicity means the salivating hoards of right wing ideologists will use it to crack another hammer to important parts of the welfare state.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here