This 'plastic fan' thing......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Right, you're telling me Palace would sell 16,000 seats in a 8,500 seater stadium when in League One? Have a laugh, you'd only get around 8,000 if you were in League One at most. If you went to Withdean, you'd realise how shit it really was, yes it served us well, but it was still really shit. If you counted all the people who went through the gates at Withdean I'm sure there'd be more than 6,000 or so out of the whole 12 years or so we were there.

I had a season ticket at withdean and there use to be a line of us who had them, but over the seasons some dropped off as lost the enjoyment.. Not surprisingly. But the old seats that they previously had were often occupied by different people, who now go to the Amex along with all our old crowd who have all returned.

As you stated the gate was not made up of the same fans week in week out, this was always evident, I wasn't surprised of the huge gate increase it was obvious it was going to happen, but I am surprised that we had to increase further still to 30k... Happy days. The club is still having growing pains. But once the academy is up and running we will have the last laugh at the mob up the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports