Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This palarse scummer that keeps banging on about wearing a Brighton shirt.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
And that's my point. If Kevin is offended then that's his prerogative, but what about all the other people jumping in? Thats the overreaction. Embarrassing

And he got a ban too it seems - what a complete joke.

I disagree, the first thing I thought when I read the OP was ban him and I am glad he has been. If it was a joke it would have been funny. It was disrespectful to someone doing good work for the REMF.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Asking someone to wear a shirt of a club he hates is one thing, asking someone to mutilate his body with a tattoo of a club he hates is ridiculous as it would never happen would it ?

Mutilate? That's a bit extreme.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot be bothered to read all of this but I do agree with the post about the Albion shirt thing becoming a bit stale.

:cry:I contributed £32 towards the rebuilding of the It Ain't Arthur State Stand - where's my thanks from the Nigels ?:cry:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I woke up this morning having SMASHED through the £100 barrier thanks to the lovely folk of NSC (including an extremely generous Palace fan). Not bad for my first night's work, eh?

I'm so excited by that, I think I'll even go for an extra, unscheduled training run before work now :dance:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Meanwhile, back at the ranch...

I woke up this morning having SMASHED through the £100 barrier thanks to the lovely folk of NSC (including an extremely generous Palace fan). Not bad for my first night's work, eh?

I'm so excited by that, I think I'll even go for an extra, unscheduled training run before work now :dance:

If you run in a CPFC shirt with " I love Zaha " on the back and put it on BBS I am sure the £ 500 will be a formality. Think about it. :thumbsup:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Wow, we do have some idiots on here but that's another level.

I'd like to think that whatever rivalry there is between the clubs, that the supporters are willing to put aside the rivalry and pull together for the cause. We're all human, after all.

Don't worry it'll be the same on the 17th, a larger than normal handful of bloody idiots who want to spoil some great banter, a terrific atmosphere and a home win. Trust me, with a Palace supporting Son and good friend I enjoy this fixture more than most and have had a torrid time with them of late also!

There are some great Palace fans, and REMF clearly demonstrates this, equally there are many fantastic Albion fans ... but it only needs a dozen idiots and it spoils it for all.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you run in a CPFC shirt with " I love Zaha " on the back and put it on BBS I am sure the £ 500 will be a formality. Think about it. :thumbsup:

I'd love to do it in a Zaha shirt but would worry I'd go past five other people and then fall over without warning.

Only kidding, generous Palace fans :D

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The reaction to the OP's clear joke is the reason, in my view, the spirit of REMF died a long time ago. For many, it seems to have gone beyond simply raising money. Kev, we nearly all applaud your fund raising efforts, but please don't wet the bed the minute a sole dissenting voice is raised.

And now a BAN on the OP? f*** me, what a sad state of affairs. The irony of this is that I thought the OP was being a complete twat asking for Das Reich's user name to be changed.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
The reaction to the OP's clear joke is the reason, in my view, the spirit of REMF died a long time ago. For many, it seems to have gone beyond simply raising money. Kev, we nearly all applaud your fund raising efforts, but please don't wet the bed the minute a sole dissenting voice is raised.

And now a BAN on the OP? f*** me, what a sad state of affairs. The irony of this is that I thought the OP was being a complete twat asking for Das Reich's user name to be changed.

I think it was more about the way it was put across.

As stakes in raising money for great causes like REMF raise, getting a tattoo is actually one way to get funding.

Didn't Rufus Hound raise nearly 20K getting a tattoo on his leg that would be of the highest bidders choosing. Thats a lot of money for charity to have a I Love CPFC marking

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it was more about the way it was put across.

As stakes in raising money for great causes like REMF raise, getting a tattoo is actually one way to get funding.

Didn't Rufus Hound raise nearly 20K getting a tattoo on his leg that would be of the highest bidders choosing. Thats a lot of money for charity to have a I Love CPFC marking
Eh? The way it was put across? It was a blatant joke, leapt upon by handful of hand wringing goons.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
WOAH THERE!

Seriously. What. The. f***?

Oh yes, to my every day shame. This is an "over a beer" story not a full blown on NSC account, trust me!

Great lad .... other than this ... and at 5 p.m. each Sunday the person supporting the team below the other team has to give the other a pound a point, this has been a very expensive season.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Oh yes, to my every day shame. This is an "over a beer" story not a full blown on NSC account, trust me!

Great lad .... other than this ... and at 5 p.m. each Sunday the person supporting the team below the other team has to give the other a pound a point, this has been a very expensive season.

My Dad had it in reverse: a Palace supporter with a Brighton-supporting son! Although he was 'old school' and even at the height of the rivalry in the late 1970s he couldn't being himself to think of Brighton as rivals. To his mind it showed how far Palace had fallen.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My Dad had it in reverse: a Palace supporter with a Brighton-supporting son! Although he was 'old school' and even at the height of the rivalry in the late 1970s he couldn't being himself to think of Brighton as rivals. To his mind it showed how far Palace had fallen.

Excellent ... and I can imagine the fun you must have had!

He's a great lad and I'd love to be sharing all this with him now, but I also enjoy the banter. He's photoshopped me so many times and I haven't a clue how to return the favour. You'll see from the avatar that we all donned (very quickly) footie shirts for my 50th Birthday pics and I made sure my youngers Sons (who are Albion STH and are closely connected with the club in terms of their own development) and grandsons all had Albion shirts on, Dan wore his Pilarse shirt!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Excellent ... and I can imagine the fun you must have had!

He's a great lad and I'd love to be sharing all this with him now, but I also enjoy the banter. He's photoshopped me so many times and I haven't a clue how to return the favour. You'll see from the avatar that we all donned (very quickly) footie shirts for my 50th Birthday pics and I made sure my youngers Sons (who are Albion STH and are closely connected with the club in terms of their own development) and grandsons all had Albion shirts on, Dan wore his Pilarse shirt!
Can't see your avatar as I have avatars and sigs turned off. But yes, a lot of good banter and we did actually attend a Palace v Brighton game together - only the one though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here