This palarse scummer that keeps banging on about wearing a Brighton shirt.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What an enormous over-reaction by people trying to get on the bandwagon. Ridiculous

Not really Tim. The fact is only one person can say if it is an overreaction and that is Kev and he has taken it personally.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
REMF bought and supplied a mini-bus for disabled children in Sutton area last year I think.

No that was for the Seagulls Specials. The REMF gave £ 5000 to Sutton Eagles last year.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
No no, hang the bastard high. Burn him with our self righteousness.

Would you rather people say nothing critical, and ,by omission, are seen to be agreeing or condoning the comments of the OP?

I'm all for satire, piss-taking and pricking pompous buffoonery, but the OP wasn't a joke, despite the backtracking claims.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What does the REMF actually do? Where does the money go? I know it's something about under privileged kids, but which under privileged kids and what does the money get them?

And does Mendoza still raise 90% of the money or has that changed these days?

There have been loads of updates over the years. Mendoza is a REMF legend but 90% ? no that is a huge disservice to the hundreds of other people that help.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Would you rather people say nothing critical, and ,by omission, are seen to be agreeing or condoning the comments of the OP?

I'm all for satire, piss-taking and pricking pompous buffoonery, but the OP wasn't a joke, despite the backtracking claims.

The fact is the only person that should make a judgement is Kev and he was offended, end of. Other people saying it is an overreaction are missing that fundamental point. Not rocket science I would have thought.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

No, my point was about the self righteous outpouring from a load of people who have nothing to do with the charity. How do you know it wasn't a joke? It's pretty difficult to tell when it's written rather than spoken.

There have been loads of updates over the years. Mendoza is a REMF legend but 90% ? no that is a huge disservice to the hundreds of other people that help.

I haven't read them. I'm genuinely interested, that's all.

What do you reckon the percentage is that Mendoza has raised? And did I hear he isn't involved anymore? How is that going to effect things this year do you think?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No, my point was about the self righteous outpouring from a load of people who have nothing to do with the charity. How do you know it wasn't a joke? It's pretty difficult to tell when it's written rather than spoken.

I haven't read them. I'm genuinely interested, that's all.

What do you reckon the percentage is that Mendoza has raised? And did I hear he isn't involved anymore? How is that going to effect things this year do you think?

I don't think it is right putting percentages to people's names but Mendoza has made a massive contribution. He is still involved, playing in REMF 12 and the bike ride in September so the fund raising from everyone will go from strength to strength. We have a 7 runner team in the Brighton marathon, REMF 12, The REMF Golf Day and the REMF bike ride and Al's REMF Quiz just held raised £ 700. The charity is running at around £ 20k pa new funds raised and I think this year will be even more.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Welcome to North Stand Chat, your first visit?

It is not. It is damaging if it affects the mindset of someone who is vital to the REMF and CPFC in general are vital to the REMF.

Stumpy Tim

Not really Tim. The fact is only one person can say if it is an overreaction and that is Kev and he has taken it personally.

No. Anyone can say it's an overreaction, because it is. Isn't the whole point of him doing it to raise money on the basis of some gentle ribbing from Brighton fans? No one said it wasn't a good thing he was doing... Anyone who is offended by that must have problems living in the real world.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No. Anyone can say it's an overreaction, because it is. Isn't the whole point of him doing it to raise money on the basis of some gentle ribbing from Brighton fans? No one said it wasn't a good thing he was doing... Anyone who is offended by that must have problems living in the real world.

I agree. And I think the question we're all dying to ask is...

How much money would we actually have to raise to get the club crest tattooed on his chest?

20 grand? 100 grand? £1 million?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It is not. It is damaging if it affects the mindset of someone who is vital to the REMF and CPFC in general are vital to the REMF.

Not the point I was making Uncle. Someone makes an erroneous attempt at humour, or whatever, and is castigated for it, which is fair enough, but why does every man and his dog feel the need to jump in? What do those people get out of it on a personal level? Cyber witch-hunt's are one thing NSC does well unfortunately.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree. And I think the question we're all dying to ask is...

How much money would we actually have to raise to get the club crest tattooed on his chest?

20 grand? 100 grand? £1 million?

Asking someone to wear a shirt of a club he hates is one thing, asking someone to mutilate his body with a tattoo of a club he hates is ridiculous as it would never happen would it ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

I guess and my point is, as hard as it is to understand is that Kev appears to have been offended by it and that is the only person that matters despite whether people find it hard living in the real world.

Stumpy Tim

I guess and my point is, as hard as it is to understand is that Kev appears to have been offended by it and that is the only person that matters despite whether people find it hard living in the real world.

And that's my point. If Kevin is offended then that's his prerogative, but what about all the other people jumping in? Thats the overreaction. Embarrassing

And he got a ban too it seems - what a complete joke.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And that's my point. If Kevin is offended then that's his prerogative, but what about all the other people jumping in? Thats the overreaction. Embarrassing

And he got a ban too it seems - what a complete joke.

We have both made our points. As far as I am concerned organising the marathon team which has been a struggle this year is that Kev was offended and thought about pulling out and he has not posted on here since so that is my motivation.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
That was an example of someone joking. Christ on a bike

Yes but why put a suggestion about something that was never going to happen and call him a palarse scummer banging on about the shirt ? If there is a " joke " there I fail to see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports