Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't Hillsborough, but don't buy the Sun today.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
If it's snobbery to not want to go anywhere near a caravan holiday frequented by sun readers, guilty as charged. My feelings on those are better expressed by others on the worst holiday thread.

that very much is snobbery.

what on earth is wrong with giving kids beans on toast and having a caravan holiday. good grief. no wonder footballs gone down the shitter.

SOCCER!

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
that very much is snobbery.

what on earth is wrong with giving kids beans on toast and having a caravan holiday. good grief. no wonder footballs gone down the shitter.

SOCCER!

Funnily enough my eldest has just requested this for Brekkie.

I have asked my butler to facilitate this request forthwith.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Most people in the uk seem to be against involvement in Syria - the vote not to be involved may have upset Obama and the Us but it does seem to have also made him now go to congress to absolve him from total blame if it turns out to be another Iraq

Well done Britain

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
When was the last time that the USA whole-heartedly and openly supported Britain on any contentious issue. Falklands, they always publicly stay neutral.

The administration seems happy to watch as the great American business men fraudulently destroy one of the UK's biggest companies (BP)

Britain has spent many billions and sacrificed 1000's of lives supporting the USA's aggressive foreign policy. It all seems so one sided.

I for one, would be very happy if we did not join another one of their crusades for a very long time.

That's one way of looking at it....yes I know the Americans didn't join WW2 until 41....Roosevelt wanted too but the American people were in boom time and although there was a lot of moral support they were hesitant about joining another European war. But Pearl Harbour forced their hand and Germany declared war on America after that. Let's face it we would not have won the war without them,we needed supplies of food,fuel and military equipment. The 50 lend lease destroyers were a godsend to protect our convoys...yes it did cost us some naval bases but we could'nt afford to run them anyway. Before the war we had volunteer American fighter squadron. A lot of American merchant seamen lost their lives bringing supplies to the UK. A lot of young American aircrew died bombing Germany from UK bases,just take a walk around the American Cemetery just outside Cambridge 19-25 year olds...just kids really.(BTW,I'm not forgetting the other nations that helped,Aus,NZ, Canada,India and other Commonwealth people.)
As I was born before the war started ,I and you have a lot to be thankful for to the Americans...you would'nt be here if it wasn't for them.. that's why I cringe when I see all this racist anti American claptrap.
Yes they have their loudmouths,but so do we...there is good and bad amongst all people.

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
Have not purchased a paper in years thought the Sun had closed down does anyone still buy it

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Ill buy whatever paper i want ...telling people what to buy! fascist

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
That's one way of looking at it....yes I know the Americans didn't join WW2 until 41....Roosevelt wanted too but the American people were in boom time and although there was a lot of moral support they were hesitant about joining another European war. But Pearl Harbour forced their hand and Germany declared war on America after that. Let's face it we would not have won the war without them,we needed supplies of food,fuel and military equipment. The 50 lend lease destroyers were a godsend to protect our convoys...yes it did cost us some naval bases but we could'nt afford to run them anyway. Before the war we had volunteer American fighter squadron. A lot of American merchant seamen lost their lives bringing supplies to the UK. A lot of young American aircrew died bombing Germany from UK bases,just take a walk around the American Cemetery just outside Cambridge 19-25 year olds...just kids really.(BTW,I'm not forgetting the other nations that helped,Aus,NZ, Canada,India and other Commonwealth people.)
As I was born before the war started ,I and you have a lot to be thankful for to the Americans...you would'nt be here if it wasn't for them.. that's why I cringe when I see all this racist anti American claptrap.
Yes they have their loudmouths,but so do we...there is good and bad amongst all people.

hurrah! somebody normal

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here