Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't Hillsborough, but don't buy the Sun today.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Point of order. Hitler declared war on the USA not the other way around.

I still laugh about the alleged quote from Gen. Schwarzkopf or Rumsfeldt or one of the hawks on hearing that France would not be joining the coalition of the willing in Iraq: "going to war without the French is like going moose hunting without your piano"

Think it was Shwarzkopf and wasn't it Accordion? Whatever it was it is very amusing but they have changed their tune now! See what I did there?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Completely right. Douglas Haig gave us all the information and help we wanted from the Reagan administration. But we have not turned our back on the US about Syria. As stated I support the US. The OP was about our parliament voting in a democratic way and being vilified for correcting a wrong that led us astray before.. And to your point. When we bombed Libya, we ran out of cruise missiles, so had to borrow some from the 5th or 6th fleet. UK USA pretty similar, but we should support this vote for good or bad. We are a country in our own right.

That would be Alexander haig mate, and Caspar Weinberger was a far bigger help.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
That would be Alexander haig mate, and Caspar Weinberger was a far bigger help.

High quality answer. Weinberger was the shuttle on the plane. And Alexander's grandfather was in Blackadder. Maybe two pencils up our nose will be more cost effective.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Think it was Shwarzkopf and wasn't it Accordion? Whatever it was it is very amusing but they have changed their tune now! See what I did there?

It was no-mark undersectretary of 'defense' (sic) Jed Babbin (who?), and it was deer hunting, but we'll get there in the end.

It was an accordian though.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/babbin.asp

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
I wouldn't wipe my arse with The Sun and my arse is in a terrible state

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
BS8fShJCYAArD9S.jpg

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I wonder if Freedom Fries will be renamed French Fries…

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Wouldn't put it past the CIA to have their grubby fingers in the chemical weapons attack. They've got previous. Reportedly.

You really are an idiot, but hey, someone has to be.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
Does anybody know if this thread, fast unraveling, could support the original proposition? As in, for the first time in a long time, the feeling of the nation was reflected in the vote on Thursday. It really wasn't about newspapers, I started the OP in sheer hatred toward a newspaper (with obvious ties) that didn't reflect the mood of the nation. It could be a simple Agree or Disagree on whether you support the vote in Parliament.

If the vote goes against, then I stand corrected. If not, then let's kick a politically skewed rag which didn't win it for anybody.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here