Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This isn't Hillsborough, but don't buy the Sun today.

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
I'm not especially anti Obama but he seems to be the least UK friendly president that I can remember, maybe because of his background he has Mau Mau sympathies.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
We did not go to Vietnam or Somalia, even though they wanted us to and that did not do our special relationship any harm. Plus this was the first time (as far as I am aware) that parliament itself voted not to help, rather than a particular government deciding, so the yanks should respect that even more.

Agreed.

At least they have their oldest allies, the French, to help them this time for a change.

That'll come in handy. It's always good to have allies with plenty of [strike]run away[/strike] retreat experience.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
The Sun did this to get a reaction and get people talking about a serious subject. Three pages and counting. It has worked. Great journalism.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Does anybody know if this thread, fast unraveling, could support the original proposition? As in, for the first time in a long time, the feeling of the nation was reflected in the vote on Thursday. It really wasn't about newspapers, I started the OP in sheer hatred toward a newspaper (with obvious ties) that didn't reflect the mood of the nation. It could be a simple Agree or Disagree on whether you support the vote in Parliament.

If the vote goes against, then I stand corrected. If not, then let's kick a politically skewed rag which didn't win it for anybody.

:thumbsup:

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism. I helped make Mexico and especially Tampico safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefit of Wall Street. I helped purify Nicaragua for the International Banking House of Brown Brothers in 1902–1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the American sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras right for the American fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that Standard Oil went on its way unmolested. Looking back on it, I might have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents."
Smedley Butler

I like that...

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
The Sun did this to get a reaction and get people talking about a serious subject. Three pages and counting. It has worked. Great journalism.

No no no. Just no. This is important. If you have tongue in cheek then fair fish. If not then please just step away.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003

trust me, I don't need a sensationalist headlines to jump at the opportunity to get involved in a slag fest against that poisonous rag

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Kind of loses it's impact sandwiched inbetween Lewis wants me back and £9.50 holidays.

A £9.50 holiday just imagine - ''SHANIA, SHANIA. Bring KANYE and GET IN THIS CARAVAN, YOUR BEANS ON TOAST ARE READY''

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The "special" relationship is, was and always has been a one-way sham.

...and don't ever buy the Sun anyway as it is a worthless piece of tat - risible even its now far off hey day.

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
President Obama will ask Congress only days after Cameron asked Parliament. For those complete mindless c***s who wrote Saturday's headline, I hope when you wake tomorrow you realise what c***s you are. The Sun not dun get it. Democracy is democracy, politics is politics. Don't play politics without understanding democracy.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Wouldn't put it past the CIA to have their grubby fingers in the chemical weapons attack. They've got previous. Reportedly.

chemical weapons attack seems a bit far, but the CIA did engineer a communist uprising followed by a bloody coup in Indonesia in order for their mining, oil, logging companies to get their hands on Indonesian natural resources in the sixties

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
chemical weapons attack seems a bit far, but the CIA did engineer a communist uprising followed by a bloody coup in Indonesia in order for their mining, oil, logging companies to get their hands on Indonesian natural resources in the sixties

We do have to remember Oliver North and Iran/Contra affair. The US has far more agencies than just the CIA. A lesson learned when the CIA and FBI withheld information to each other that may have precluded 9/11.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I'm not especially anti Obama but he seems to be the least UK friendly president that I can remember, maybe because of his background he has Mau Mau sympathies.

Oh, I see. Because he's black he must be a Mau Mau. I get it.

Very good.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Point of order. Hitler declared war on the USA not the other way around.

USA entered the war after they were attacked by Japan, one of the Axis forces. That was 7th Dec 1941 and they promptly declared war on Japan. Two days later, in support of the Axis partner, Germany and Italy declared war on the US. So the original post was correct in that and not sure why you tried to correct it!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Oh, I see. Because he's black he must be a Mau Mau. I get it.

Very good.

No , because his grandfather was , and was interned by us during the insurgency , so I'm afraid you'll have to climb down off your high horse and attempt to demonstrate your right on credentials on another occasion..........berk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here