This is how Australians are supposedly treating refugees...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The policy is supposed to be a detterent. It's dettering them from getting on a boat and heading here.

We've spent billions on this problem. Far more than the multitude of countries they travel through and refuse to seek asylum in. That's if they are even legit political refugees in the first place.

Deterrent. It is deterrent. Not sure when you came over here, but surely it is time you learned the language, innit?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
This won't change until we take responsibility for it and stop blaming 'the Europeans' for everything.

And stop the blatant discrimination. Lets face it they are treated as the lowest of the low, if you've lived in Oz you can't deny it

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
And stop the blatant discrimination. Lets face it they are treated as the lowest of the low, if you've lived in Oz you can't deny it

I still live in oz and don't deny it. Things are changing but it is a slow process. Sadly is was only a few years ago (07 maybe 08) that our government acknowledged things done and apologised. Sadly too many people do not accept the wrongdoing as party of Australian history and instead blame the motherland. We are a young country with a lot of growing up to do.

There is a long way to go.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
:lol: That's hilarious. We weren't discussing whether people from South Africa would walk to Europe of Australia the quickest, we were talking about where the people who come to Australia come from. You take more people from Europe, despite Africa being closer to you than Europe is to you.

you haven't got a clue have you......either that or you are being deliberately obtuse. Let's face it ....a lot of these people have no paperwork , no body knows who they are , last year they were sowing their own lips together in protest at not being allowed to roam free in Australia...........the boats that arrive here have been proven to be run by iraqi , syrian and indonesian crime gangs who take sometimes $3,000.00 per person to cross from indonesia , the captains of these boats then claim that their own families are being held hostage and will be killed if they don't make the trip.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
According to you.

Not according to me, it has been proven wrong by the Australian Bureau of Statistics. That's all there is you need to know.

Not all aboriginals are black are they.Some people who identify themselves as aboriginals will have 7 white grandparents.

See now if you said that over here, you'd be considered to have a view thats offensive and mirrors that of the far right.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

There's plenty of discrimination, except it's not what you think it is. It's what they love to call "positive" discrimination.

They aren't treated as the lowest of the low, they are placed above all others when it comes to the education sysyems. work place programs. welfare etc etc

Funny how the most marketable and highest paid sports person in Australia is an Aboriginal. That blatant discrimination isn't working :tantrum:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
See now if you said that over here, you'd be considered to have a view thats offensive and mirrors that of the far right.
Maybe it depends how you say it.

There's plenty of discrimination, except it's not what you think it is. It's what they love to call "positive" discrimination.
So the only discrimination in Australia is positive discrimination? You would think that.

Funny how the most marketable and highest paid sports person in Australia is an Aboriginal. That blatant discrimination isn't working :tantrum:
Who's that? Is it one of these sportsmen: http://www.australianetworknews.com/10-highest-paid-australian-athletes-world/

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I still live in oz and don't deny it. Things are changing but it is a slow process. Sadly is was only a few years ago (07 maybe 08) that our government acknowledged things done and apologised. Sadly too many people do not accept the wrongdoing as party of Australian history and instead blame the motherland. We are a young country with a lot of growing up to do.

That's because it was the Brits fault. There's nobody else to blame for it happening. Up until the 60's the Australian PM was just a UK puppet. All of the poor attitudes towards native peoples came from the British colonial mindset ingrained in wider populations mindset.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Sadly too many people do not accept the wrongdoing as party of Australian history and instead blame the motherland. We are a young country with a lot of growing up to do.

Have you got proof of that allegation?

That's because it was the Brits fault. There's nobody else to blame for it happening. Up until the 60's the Australian PM was just a UK puppet. All of the poor attitudes towards native peoples came from the British colonial mindset ingrained in wider populations mindset.
Ah, I'll take that as a yes.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Maybe it depends how you say it.

No it doesn't. Say it how you want, the left would come after you and you'd be considered a racist. You might even end up in court.

So the only discrimination in Australia is positive discrimination? You would think that.

Nope, i'm saying the premice that they are treated as the lowest of the low is an utter bullshit one.

Buddy Franklin, biggest contract ever in AFL history.

See you're comparing people who play O/S and make foreign money with home grown money. AFL is Australia's sport and its marquee player is an Aboriginal.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

no not in the slightest - there is plenty of well documented and well researched info available, here are a few links that outline the problems faced by the aboriginal community over here

http://www.smh.com.au/national/thes...ds-indigenous-australians-20140729-zy6fa.html

https://www.beyondblue.org.au/docs/...n-against-indigenous-australians.pdf?sfvrsn=2

https://www.humanrights.gov.au/educ...aboriginal-and-torres-strait-islander-peoples

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjwsDvQ4gwI

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

One in five young Australians would move if a person of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent sat next to them, a survey has found.

So what can be taken from that is that 4 out of 5 young Australians wouldn't care and the "one" has no context at all as to who or why they responded that way.

Where are they from, what are their experiences?

One thing to take out of it is that those who have the most contact with the indigenous population respond differently to those who would have the least. So people in WA compared to Victoria will have vastly different experiences and first hand knowledge on which they base their views on.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would be , wish we did the same.

I know what an idiot you are already, but with your profile pic being a flag bearing the names of men killed, in part because they were the descendants of Protestant immigrants into Ireland, maybe you should have a think about your views on how people should be treated can play out.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I know what an idiot you are already, but with your profile pic being a flag bearing the names of men killed, in part because they were the descendants of Protestant immigrants into Ireland, maybe you should have a think about your views on how people should be treated can play out.
Rest assured the feeling is mutual, as for you trying to link the names on my avatar to immigration, tenuous doesnt even begin to cover it you absolute berk.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Rest assured the feeling is mutual, as for you trying to link the names on my avatar to immigration, tenuous doesnt even begin to cover it you absolute berk.

If you do not want to call the people that settled in Ireland from Scotland and elsewhere immigrants, what would you call them, invaders?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Nope, i'm saying the premice that they are treated as the lowest of the low is an utter bullshit one.
Fair enough.

Buddy Franklin, biggest contract ever in AFL history.

See you're comparing people who play O/S and make foreign money with home grown money. AFL is Australia's sport and its marquee player is an Aboriginal.
No, I was interested in who the player you were referring to was, so I tried to look up your highest paid sportsman. You didn't mention they had to play all of the sport in Australia.

Of course you will. You don't want to admit it's you who created the problems, not me.
I didn't say it was you that created the problems. I see now that you are blaming me though, despite the fact that I wasn't alive at the time.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you do not want to call the people that settled in Ireland from Scotland and elsewhere immigrants, what would you call them, invaders?
Yes , of course they were invaders , ive never made any bones about that , but it was 500 years ago , its a question of how far back in time you want to go , I dont agree with Israel , or certainly the way it has stolen land etc, but in 500 years time you arent going to be able to tell the descendants of todays settlers that they dont belong there , and as ive already said ,in trying to link the names on my avatar flag to immigration, tenuous doesnt even begin to cover it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports