Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is how Australians are supposedly treating refugees...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I know right.

It's actually pretty laughable. In 10 years time half the national basketball team (maybe more!) will be of Sudanese ancestry.

From The Australian Demographic Profile 2014.....
Nationality noun: Australian(s)
adjective: Australian
Ethnic groups white 92%, Asian 7%, aboriginal and other 1%
Religions Protestant 28.8% (Anglican 17.1%, Uniting Church 5.0%, Presbyterian and Reformed 2.8%, Baptist, 1.6%, Lutheran 1.2%, Pentecostal 1.1%), Catholic 25.3%, Eastern Orthodox 2.6%, other Christian 4.5%, Buddhist 2.5%, Muslim 2.2%, Hindu 1.3%, other 8.4%, unspecified 2.2%, none 22.3%
note: percentages add up to more than 100% due to rounding (2006 est.)
Languages English 76.8%, Mandarin 1.6%, Italian 1.4%, Arabic 1.3%, Greek 1.2%, Cantonese 1.2%, Vietnamese 1.1%, other 10.4%, unspecified 5% (2011 est.)

Damn those pesky, bloody FACTS eh! :wave:

Last edited:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well, if we just take you and your fervent anti refugee stance and highlight that you live in one of the most mono-cultural cities in the world, as do many, not just you, no singling out here, I would say you trying to accuse others of not experiencing immigrants is probably a tad hypocritical and quite uninformed.

Yeah gonna pull you up on that one. I'm ok with refugees if they go through the correct channels.

Arriving on boats with no papers, against.

I would also add that your attitude towards the plight of the refugees in your country's care and the apparent abuse and condition your country is inflicting on them, has done nought to dissolve the image a lot of people have of Australians as a rather intolerant bunch. Rightly or wrongly.

Personally I couldn't care less what others think of us. I'm sure if I was provided with those peoples place of birth I could pick the shit out of their nations too.

Your attitude really has been one of "Yeah, **** 'em. They can always **** off"

My attitude is go through the correct channels and we're all good, try to force yourself onto us and I'm not going to welcome you with arms wide open.

I have no idea who you are, what you are capable of. I don't want you anywhere near our society until we know who you are.

and why throw Melbourne into the mix? By all accounts a lovely city indeed. A credit to Australia. But this is the same Australia that gave us Kevin Bloody Wilson so let's not break out the Fosters just yet.

Kevin Bloody Wilson is a legend. Funny farker to the extreme.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Erhm nobody said you weren't multicultural. It was said Australia has more of it. Given the statistics suggest that Australia has far more foreign born citizens than the UK that would be the case.
I asked you what percentage of Australians were black, and you replied that lots of Australians were born abroad, completely ignoring the question. Of course more Australians were born abroad, because Australia is a massive county with a relatively tiny population.

Can you not follow a discussion?
It's you that wants to dodge the question and reply with something irrelevant. Trying to patronise me won't improve your argument.

"white" is a rather silly way to make your arguement. I mean Asyrians for example are from the middle east, they are also "white" so your statistics prove absolutely zero when it comes to "multiculturalism".
Yes I agree that you do have a mix of some cultures, but you do have a surprisingly small population of black people.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Yeah gonna pull you up on that one. I'm ok with refugees if they go through the correct channels.

Arriving on boats with no papers, against.

Personally I couldn't care less what others think of us. I'm sure if I was provided with those peoples place of birth I could pick the shit out of their nations too.

My attitude is go through the correct channels and we're all good, try to force yourself onto us and I'm not going to welcome you with arms wide open.

I have no idea who you are, what you are capable of. I don't want you anywhere near our society until we know who you are.

Kevin Bloody Wilson is a legend. Funny farker to the extreme.

Ah yes, his song "Living next door to Abo's", an anthem of multicultural welcome.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I asked you what percentage of Australians were black, and you replied that lots of Australians were born abroad, completely ignoring the question. Of course more Australians were born abroad, because Australia is a massive county with a relatively tiny population.

Why are you fixated with black people? We live in Asia, not a lot of black countries in Asia...

Are black people the only "cultures" that count in regards to multi-culturalism?

It's you that wants to dodge the question and reply with something irrelevant. Trying to patronise me won't improve your argument.

Your questions are pointless.

You said we don't let blacks in, your view is bullshit. You should just stop pushing it as being a legitimate discussion point.

Yes I agree that you do have a mix of some cultures, but you do have a surprisingly small population of black people.

Once again... Look at a map... We're in Asia, not near Africa...

We'd have the largest black population in Asia...

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So two people living in Australia tell an Englishman he's wrong, but another Englishman says he's right so that makes him right.

How would you know so much you can overide the views of two people living where he doesn't ???

You really don't do yourself any favours do you. Genuinely, you're hilariously Australian.

Australia Demographics Profile 2014

Home > Factbook > Countries > Australia

Population 22,507,617 (July 2014 est.)
Age structure 0-14 years: 18% (male 2,075,316/female 1,969,645)
15-24 years: 13.3% (male 1,534,947/female 1,457,250)
25-54 years: 41.8% (male 4,783,473/female 4,626,603)
55-64 years: 11.8% (male 1,321,246/female 1,341,329)
65 years and over: 15.1% (male 1,569,197/female 1,828,611) (2014 est.)
Dependency ratios total dependency ratio: 51 %
youth dependency ratio: 28.9 %
elderly dependency ratio: 22.1 %
potential support ratio: 4.5 (2014 est.)
Median age total: 38.3 years
male: 37.5 years
female: 39 years (2014 est.)
Population growth rate 1.09% (2014 est.)
Birth rate 12.19 births/1,000 population (2014 est.)
Death rate 7.07 deaths/1,000 population (2014 est.)
Net migration rate 5.74 migrant(s)/1,000 population (2014 est.)
Urbanization urban population: 89.2% of total population (2011)
rate of urbanization: 1.49% annual rate of change (2010-15 est.)
Major cities - population Sydney 4.543 million; Melbourne 3.961 million; Brisbane 2.039 million; Perth 1.649 million; Adelaide 1.198 million; CANBERRA (capital) 399,000 (2011)
Sex ratio at birth: 1.06 male(s)/female
0-14 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
15-24 years: 1.05 male(s)/female
25-54 years: 1.03 male(s)/female
55-64 years: 1.01 male(s)/female
65 years and over: 0.85 male(s)/female
total population: 1.01 male(s)/female (2014 est.)
Mother's mean age at first birth 30.5 (2006 est.)
Infant mortality rate total: 4.43 deaths/1,000 live births
male: 4.74 deaths/1,000 live births
female: 4.1 deaths/1,000 live births (2014 est.)
Life expectancy at birth total population: 82.07 years
male: 79.63 years
female: 84.64 years (2014 est.)
Total fertility rate 1.77 children born/woman (2014 est.)
Contraceptive prevalence rate 72.3%
note: percent of women aged 18-44 (2005)
HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate 0.1% (2009 est.)
HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS 20,000 (2009 est.)
HIV/AIDS - deaths fewer than 100 (2009 est.)
Drinking water source improved:
urban: 100% of population
rural: 100% of population
total: 100% of population
unimproved:
urban: 0% of population
rural: 0% of population
total: 0% of population (2012 est.)
Sanitation facility access improved:
urban: 100% of population
rural: 100% of population
total: 100% of population
unimproved:
urban: 0% of population
rural: 0% of population
total: 0% of population (2012 est.)
Nationality noun: Australian(s)
adjective: Australian
Religions Protestant 28.8% (Anglican 17.1%, Uniting Church 5.0%, Presbyterian and Reformed 2.8%, Baptist, 1.6%, Lutheran 1.2%, Pentecostal 1.1%), Catholic 25.3%, Eastern Orthodox 2.6%, other Christian 4.5%, Buddhist 2.5%, Muslim 2.2%, Hindu 1.3%, other 8.4%, unspecified 2.2%, none 22.3%
note: percentages add up to more than 100% due to rounding (2006 est.)
Languages English 76.8%, Mandarin 1.6%, Italian 1.4%, Arabic 1.3%, Greek 1.2%, Cantonese 1.2%, Vietnamese 1.1%, other 10.4%, unspecified 5% (2011 est.)
Literacy definition: age 15 and over can read and write
total population: 99%
male: 99%
female: 99% (2003 est.)
School life expectancy (primary to tertiary education) total: 20 years
male: 19 years
female: 20 years (2011)
Education expenditures 5.6% of GDP (2010)
Maternal mortality rate 7 deaths/100,000 live births (2010)
Children under the age of 5 years underweight 0.2% (2007)
Health expenditures 9% of GDP (2011)
Physicians density 3.85 physicians/1,000 population (2010)
Hospital bed density 3.9 beds/1,000 population (2010)
Obesity - adult prevalence rate 26.8% (2008)
Source: CIA World Factbook
This page was last updated on June 30, 2015

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ah yes, his song "Living next door to Abo's", an anthem of multicultural welcome.

Erhm you do realise that song is a piss take on rich white people don't you? The Aboriginals in the song are the smart arse heroes that take the piss out of Alan Bond.

And its living next door to Alan, not "Abos".

See that sketch? That's the same kind of humour, obviously you don't get it.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The policy is supposed to be a detterent. It's dettering them from getting on a boat and heading here.

We've spent billions on this problem. Far more than the multitude of countries they travel through and refuse to seek asylum in. That's if they are even legit political refugees in the first place.

Are you telling us you are happy with, and support, the way refugees are being treated currently in Australia?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
We live in Asia, not a lot of black countries in Asia...

I thought Australia was a separate continent?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Why are you fixated with black people? We live in Asia, not a lot of black countries in Asia...
Most people in Asia aren't white either, but 92% of Australians are. Why does Australia want immigration from places like Europe, and not from places where people need to leave?

Are black people the only "cultures" that count in regards to multi-culturalism?
No, I should have phrased it better. I think of multiculturalism as a mix of many cultures though, and I do think there are relatively few black people in Australia.

You're a new country with a very low population compared to the size of country and your population has been created from recent immigration (compared to other Asian countries).

And you're closer to Africa than Europe, but you're happy to have people from Europe coming to Australia, so your argument of proximity doesn't work.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Erhm you do realise that song is a piss take on rich white people don't you? The Aboriginals in the song are the smart arse heroes that take the piss out of Alan Bond.

And its living next door to Alan, not "Abos".

See that sketch? That's the same kind of humour, obviously you don't get it.

Well, I can't say I've listened to him since I was about 11 so no, that did pass me by I'm afraid.

Anyway, we've got your opinion now: In summary if someone risks their life and from flees a war torn country to safety but doesn't stop to ask permission to save the lives of him and his family - He can get to **** and you don't care if he is abused in your country. Deserves all he gets.

How lovely.

Edit: I just re-listened to Living next door to Allen and I am not sure you're right. The jokes he tells in between verses are just plain racist...

Why does Michael Jackson wear a white glove? So he can tell when he's finished his MArs Bar

Why does MJ have a pet Monkey? For spare parts.

Nice.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You really don't do yourself any favours do you. Genuinely, you're hilariously Australian.

Either do you with your total non-comprehension of statistics.

Jesus can't you read? I've already addressed that.

"white" means nothing. Middle Eastern people are "white", Latinos are listed as "white". We have big Lebanese populations, they are "white" but they are also middle eastern, you know, vastly different cultures that aren't European.

It's true ignorance when someone groups all "whites" into the same group without recognising the vast cultural differences which occur within those groups of people.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Well, I can't say I've listened to him since I was about 11 so no, that did pass me by I'm afraid.

He plays mostly in outback rural places when he tours, guess who turns up to his shows for a laugh?

Anyway, we've got your opinion now: In summary if someone risks their life and from flees a war torn country to safety but doesn't stop to ask permission to save the lives of him and his family - He can get to **** and you don't care if he is abused in your country. Deserves all he gets.

How lovely.

I'm not assuming that about anyone. Total stranger, no idea who they are or what they are capable of.

When they cross through countless other nations where they could apply for asylum and ignore those nations then they better come with identification and paper work otherwise i'm deeply suspicious of their agenda.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Either do you with your total non-comprehension of statistics.

Jesus can't you read? I've already addressed that.

"white" means nothing. Middle Eastern people are "white", Latinos are listed as "white". We have big Lebanese populations, they are "white" but they are also middle eastern, you know, vastly different cultures that aren't European.

It's true ignorance when someone groups all "whites" into the same group without recognising the vast cultural differences which occur within those groups of people.

Oh. It's just that in response to someone telling you that only 1% of the population in Australia was black you said this

"I know right.

It's actually pretty laughable. In 10 years time half the national basketball team (maybe more!) will be of Sudanese ancestry".

And you told someone that Australia has more than 1% black people but the Australia Demograph for 2014 shows that it's 1%.

Forget about the 92% white population for the minute, we all know they will be from various backgrounds

You stated there are more than 1% of blacks in Australia nad it was laughable to disagree with you. But the facts state otherwise. So you can see where the confusion would come in.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
He plays mostly in outback rural places when he tours, guess who turns up to his shows for a laugh?

I'm not assuming that about anyone. Total stranger, no idea who they are or what they are capable of.

When they cross through countless other nations where they could apply for asylum and ignore those nations then they better come with identification and paper work otherwise i'm deeply suspicious of their agenda.

Well, I imagine they are keen to get to Australia to be detained and abused.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here