This is how Australians are supposedly treating refugees...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Most people in Asia aren't white either, but 92% of Australians are. Why does Australia want immigration from places like Europe, and not from places where people need to leave?

You mean places like Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, East Timor, Lebanon where people needed to leave?

Once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

No, I should have phrased it better. I think of multiculturalism as a mix of many cultures though, and I do think there are relatively few black people in Australia.

Once again, do you think that has anything to do with the fact that Africa is so far away from Australia and has no colonial past with it?

You were in Africa, France was in Africa, Belgium was in Africa, Holland was in Africa, think that has anything to do with where they head to when leaving Africa?

You're a new country with a very low population compared to the size of country and your population has been created from recent immigration (compared to other Asian countries).

Actually we have a high population for the landscape of the island. A lot of it is not conducive to populating. Then there's the water issues.

And you're closer to Africa than Europe, but you're happy to have people from Europe coming to Australia, so your argument of proximity doesn't work.

Yeah it does actually.

Here's your challenge, start in South Africa and start walking.

Let's see if you get to Europe or Australia first. That's how my argument of proximity proves your point is invalid.

Distance is irrelevant when one route can be taken solely by land and the other requires travelling over vast stretches of sea.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You mean places like Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, East Timor, Lebanon where people needed to leave?

Once again, you don't know what you're talking about.

Once again, do you think that has anything to do with the fact that Africa is so far away from Australia and has no colonial past with it?

You were in Africa, France was in Africa, Belgium was in Africa, Holland was in Africa, think that has anything to do with where they head to when leaving Africa?

Actually we have a high population for the landscape of the island. A lot of it is not conducive to populating. Then there's the water issues.

Yeah it does actually.

Let's see if you get to Europe or Australia first. That's how my argument of proximity proves your point is invalid.

Distance is irrelevant when one route can be taken solely by land and the other requires travelling over vast stretches of sea.

Yes, you are a long way from Africa. You are further form England and English founded your modern country and continue to migrate to Australia in their thousands, so that doesn't really add up or fit your argument does it. However, your actual indigenous people are black. So it's worrying they are represented so poorly in your population demograph!!!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Nope. he's spot on I'm afraid.

ahhhm ...excuse me but the statement that we don't let black people into the country is utter bollocks.....complete and utter bollocks....the chosen destination for migrants from the Afrcian Continent is Europe.. England preferably..fact.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Yes, you are a long way from Africa. That would explain the low presence of Africans on the census. However, your actual indigenous people are black. So it's worrying they are represented so poorly in your population demograph!!!!

my god are you just trying to make yourself feel superior....?.asylum seekers to aboriginals......!!...well i guess all you lot are kiddy fiddlers then...??

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yeah you're leaving out the bit where it was the British that created the policies and mindset regarding the indigenous population.

Given we've never had the racial issues the US or UK has had over the years we're a pretty damn successful multi-cultural society.

We're as good as it gets when aspiring to a multi-cultural society given how there's no 100% successful multi-cultural society in existence
Youre a very young ''multicultural society'' compared to Britain or the US , and youre certainly having the same sort of ''issues'' now.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Oh. It's just that in response to someone telling you that only 1% of the population in Australia was black you said this

"I know right.

It's actually pretty laughable. In 10 years time half the national basketball team (maybe more!) will be of Sudanese ancestry".

And you told someone that Australia has more than 1% black people but the Australia Demograph for 2014 shows that it's 1%.

Forget about the 92% white population for the minute, we all know they will be from various backgrounds

You stated there are more than 1% of blacks in Australia nad it was laughable to disagree with you. But the facts state otherwise. So you can see where the confusion would come in.

I do laugh, you know why?

How does that 1% stat work when 3% of the total population are Aboriginal?

Or are they not black anymore?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I do laugh, you know why?

How does that 1% stat work when 3% of the total population are Aboriginal?

Or are they not black anymore?

I too seem to find 3% of your population are aboriginal. Either way, it ain't much when you consider eh!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah it does actually.

:lol: That's hilarious. We weren't discussing whether people from South Africa would walk to Europe of Australia the quickest, we were talking about where the people who come to Australia come from. You take more people from Europe, despite Africa being closer to you than Europe is to you.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So not a reliable source then.
According to you.

Not all aboriginals are black are they. Some people who identify themselves as aboriginals will have 7 white grandparents.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well, if we just take you and your fervent anti refugee stance and highlight that you live in one of the most mono-cultural cities in the world, as do many, not just you, no singling out here, I would say you trying to accuse others of not experiencing immigrants is probably a tad hypocritical and quite uninformed.

I would also add that your attitude towards the plight of the refugees in your country's care and the apparent abuse and condition your country is inflicting on them, has done nought to dissolve the image a lot of people have of Australians as a rather intolerant bunch. Rightly or wrongly.

Your attitude really has been one of "Yeah, **** 'em. They can always **** off"

and why throw Melbourne into the mix? By all accounts a lovely city indeed. A credit to Australia. But this is the same Australia that gave us Kevin Bloody Wilson so let's not break out the Fosters just yet.

You really are a well balanced individual aren't you? A chip on each shoulder by chance?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports