Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is "democracy"

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
PMQ's lasts 30 minutes. It should be the most serious session in parliament's weekly calendar when questions and answers are listened to intently..

yep, but thats not how its ever been, why expect it to suddenly change. its daft bit of the theatre, and a crude method to question the head of government, which is supposed to be about the backbenchers really. they can use that time as they see fit, TV shouldnt change them. its not intended to be for the public. maybe they'd prefer the snooze fests served up in every other session of parliament?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
yep, but thats not how its ever been, why expect it to suddenly change. its daft bit of the theatre, and a crude method to question the head of government, which is supposed to be about the backbenchers really. they can use that time as they see fit, TV shouldnt change them. its not intended to be for the public. maybe they'd prefer the snooze fests served up in every other session of parliament?

I agree to a point, but the head honcho doesn't tend to turn up to many of the other sessions.

Dec 29, 2011
Extreme selective editing designed to show just how nasty those bully boy Tory MPs were to JC. In reality it shows what poor public speaker Corbyn is and what a lame duck leader he is for the Labour party. Long may it continue!

Out of interest can you answer me this, why don't you like Corbyn? Do you think it's fair (or if not fair, do you like it) that the burden of reducing the deficit is placed on poor people who didn't create the situation, rather than the wealthy who gained from the financial crash AND avoid billions in tax each year. I'm genuinely intreagued to speak to someone who thinks like this so please don't start willy waving. I want to hear your point of view and why you think the current system is fair.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Working class people who vote Tory are the weirdest phenomenon. How can that lot possibly speak for anyone who isn't wealthy, white and a total arsewipe.

Staggering.

Its a matter of voting for the principle of your beliefs or the best option for your personal circumstances at that point in time.

Easy decision for those who's vote ticks both boxes but conflicting for others.

I know hedge fund managers in Mayfair who vote Labour on principle and unemployed council house tenants who vote conservative.

Heart or head?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Labour party are divided against themselves at the moment. Jeremy Corbyn's senior policy adviser Andrew Fisher has been suspended from the Labour Party pending a report by its ruling body.
Emily Benn, granddaughter of Tony Benn, has made a formal complaint about him.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-34751471

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Out of interest can you answer me this, why don't you like Corbyn? Do you think it's fair (or if not fair, do you like it) that the burden of reducing the deficit is placed on poor people who didn't create the situation, rather than the wealthy who gained from the financial crash AND avoid billions in tax each year.

im always intrigued how and why some have created this binary view of the world - poor and rich - and imagine that no one in the later group has done anything but gain from the financial crash. is it to create a good vs evil world view, like a story, to neatly segregate complexities of the world? sure property owners have gained over the past 7-8 years, but that applies as much to the vast majority of the population as it does the rich. and theres the point, the group in the middle is where most the population exist, itself a range of situations, some better some worse than before. overall the country is in a better place than 2008. the worst case scenario is people havent done as well as they might, but then who knows what else would have happened?

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Out of interest can you answer me this, why don't you like Corbyn? Do you think it's fair (or if not fair, do you like it) that the burden of reducing the deficit is placed on poor people who didn't create the situation, rather than the wealthy who gained from the financial crash AND avoid billions in tax each year. I'm genuinely intreagued to speak to someone who thinks like this so please don't start willy waving. I want to hear your point of view and why you think the current system is fair.

Corbyn is just perfect at this particular moment in time, he is making sure that Labour will not gain a majority for at least 9 years.
He is a complete buffoon mind, at least as a major party leader. Nobody in their right mind tells a possible enemy that you would never use our nuclear deterrent, you may personally have made that decision but you sure as hell do not broadcast it.

As for the economic differences between us? I do not believe in the removal of the state, or of the welfare state, I just believe that as a nation we need to live within our means. If that includes cutting some of the excesses of the benefit system then so be it. The woman who has her own business but complained on Question Time of the possibility that her £263 per week tax credit might be cut had a beautiful black labrador sat next to her when interviewed in her own home. Why is the taxpayer giving her that kind of money if she can afford that luxury? We will not agree on this topic, and I can see that some businesses and individuals do get away without paying enough. But like the rest of life, you go after the easy money first, for example look at the motorists.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Corbyn is just perfect at this particular moment in time, he is making sure that Labour will not gain a majority for at least 9 years.
He is a complete buffoon mind, at least as a major party leader. Nobody in their right mind tells a possible enemy that you would never use our nuclear deterrent, you may personally have made that decision but you sure as hell do not broadcast it.

As for the economic differences between us? I do not believe in the removal of the state, or of the welfare state, I just believe that as a nation we need to live within our means. If that includes cutting some of the excesses of the benefit system then so be it. The woman who has her own business but complained on Question Time of the possibility that her £263 per week tax credit might be cut had a beautiful black labrador sat next to her when interviewed in her own home. Why is the taxpayer giving her that kind of money if she can afford that luxury? We will not agree on this topic, and I can see that some businesses and individuals do get away without paying enough. But like the rest of life, you go after the easy money first, for example look at the motorists.

However, it seemed like he was the only one of the party leaders who wanted to ask the Prime Minister a question. Cameron made himself look the typical Eton snob, he couldn't answer a question, only try to ridicule the person asking it. What a great statesman he is, still only about 4 years and he can throw it all in and live off his directorships, still, "We are all in this Together " .

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
However, it seemed like he was the only one of the party leaders who wanted to ask the Prime Minister a question. Cameron made himself look the typical Eton snob, he couldn't answer a question, only try to ridicule the person asking it .

There are NO conclusions to be drawn from that video/clip as it was so heavily edited, but you know that I assume?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
There are NO conclusions to be drawn from that video/clip as it was so heavily edited, but you know that I assume?

I once heard someone say that when questioned, David Cameron has the pained and quizzical expression of a 5th former who has just been cheeked by his fag. That conclusion is now obvious.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
It should be blatantly obvious why most people who have a centrist or right of centre perspective don't rate Corbyn. It should also be obvious why most people who have a left of centre view who really want to see a Labour government elected in the near future don't like him. The only people who do seem to like him are one or all of the following. Incredibly naive, idealistic ,Ideologues, mad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here