Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is "democracy"

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Remember, these people just got a 10 per cent pay rise. Such great value for money. Super smashing great servants to this nation :angry:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Remember, these people just got a 10 per cent pay rise. Such great value for money. Super smashing great servants to this nation :angry:

Two local MPs have donated their pay rise (which was awarded by an independent body) to charity. Caroline Lucas & Maria Caulfield.

Kosmonaut

Proud Hoveonian
Feb 10, 2013
Hove
It's a collection of clips demonstrating the poor behaviour of MPs, particularly the conservatives attitude to Corbyn. Thought that was obvious.

No, it's a collection of cherry picked clips, without any context as to what occurred just before - I'm no fan of the conservatives but since I actually watch PMQs a few times I can tell this is highly misleading - especially when they string two clips together which are entirely unconnected, to make them seem like they happened one after another.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
this is what editing looks like
Exactly.

Unbelievable that people are stupid enough to get worked up about something when they don't even know what the something was.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
How gullible or stupid do people have to be to not realize the blatant editing in that video?

With the earlier comment about editing I was expecting to see some kind of cut up masterpiece showing Corbyn off in the best light.

It's not edited like that though is it? At all. It's just cut down.

As said, I'm sure there are plenty of tories who find that embarrassing too.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
No, it's a collection of cherry picked clips, without any context as to what occurred just before - I'm no fan of the conservatives but since I actually watch PMQs a few times I can tell this is highly misleading - especially when they string two clips together which are entirely unconnected, to make them seem like they happened one after another.

It doesn't do that at all. I'm sure anyone a bit handy with imovie could do a better job at manipulating the film than this person has. It just shows the jeering of Corbyn asking questions, nothing more, nothing less. It's not 'clever' editing in the slightest. And yes I'm sure it could be done the other way round too, but seeing as Corbyn has made a point of trying to make PMQs more civilised I think this video is fair enough.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Extreme selective editing designed to show just how nasty those bully boy Tory MPs were to JC. In reality it shows what poor public speaker Corbyn is and what a lame duck leader he is for the Labour party. Long may it continue!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
most of the jeering (from all sides) is just panto,its 15 mins of good fun in my book,ive said before there is plenty of reasoned debate going on in the house and committees all hours if people want to switch over to the parliament channel. But they don’t,they would rather judge politicians on this snippet and bleat on saying look what happens all the time in the commons
Most of the stuff directed at Corbyn is simply laughter anyway because he is a histrionic dickhead. He would be well advised to hand over PMQ`s to someone with balls like Dennis Skinner who would ask difficult questions and follow up with even tougher comebacks.
Hiding behind a question from Margaret of Milton Keynes because " I don’t want an argument and I hate confrontation" is just a load of pathetic cupcake sissyballs.

hope he carries on with this tactic though

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Exactly.

Unbelievable that people are stupid enough to get worked up about something when they don't even know what the something was.

Jeering over someone asking a question, regardless of the content, that's what it was about surely? Whatever your political persuasion, it's all a bit childish isn't it?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The posters calling people stupid if they don't realise its been edited are the exact morons that believe everything the media tells them

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
most of the jeering (from all sides) is just panto,its 15 mins of good fun in my book,ive said before there is plenty of reasoned debate going on in the house and committees all hours if people want to switch over to the parliament channel. But they don’t,they would rather judge politicians on this snippet and bleat on saying look what happens all the time in the commons
Most of the stuff directed at Corbyn is simply laughter anyway because he is a histrionic dickhead. He would be well advised to hand over PMQ`s to someone with balls like Dennis Skinner who would ask difficult questions and follow up with even tougher comebacks.
Hiding behind a question from Margaret of Milton Keynes because " I don’t want an argument and I hate confrontation" is just a load of pathetic cupcake sissyballs.

Whilst I thought this tactic gave DC an easy ride at the start, I think your wrong now. For the moment anyway, I think it's become quite an effective way of questioning the PM especially in regards to tax credit cuts and the NHS. It really doesn't look good ignoring questions and making daft jokes with your chums braying behind you, when the opposition are putting forward the very real concerns of the public they are supposed to represent. The concerns of quite a few tories too.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Agreed. PMQs is probably the least important time spent in the Commons. Panto, as you say. JC does need to grow a pair though, we all need an effective opposition.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Whilst I thought this tactic gave DC an easy ride at the start, I think your wrong now. For the moment anyway, I think it's become quite an effective way of questioning the PM especially in regards to tax credit cuts and the NHS. It really doesn't look good ignoring questions and making daft jokes with your chums braying behind you, when the opposition are putting forward the very real concerns of the public they are supposed to represent. The concerns of quite a few tories too.

im sorry ,cant agree at all on that topic,the government got spanked on tax credits,they have gone away with their tail between their legs and having a rethink.....apparently the new jist will be outlined in the autumn statement

Corbyn just wasted a daft amount of questions on tax credits when its impossible to give an answer until the announcement...........its like asking for the final league tables in march,he would have been better focusing on something else until then

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Tories howling and jeering like the hooray Henry's that they are...no surprises.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Regardless to whether it's been edited. It's socially inept to need to make animal noises whenever you hear something you disagree on.

Eaton obviously doesn't teach social skills.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here