Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This is "democracy"

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
most of the jeering (from all sides) is just panto,its 15 mins of good fun in my book,ive said before there is plenty of reasoned debate going on in the house and committees all hours if people want to switch over to the parliament channel. But they don’t,they would rather judge politicians on this snippet and bleat on saying look what happens all the time in the commons
Most of the stuff directed at Corbyn is simply laughter anyway because he is a histrionic dickhead. He would be well advised to hand over PMQ`s to someone with balls like Dennis Skinner who would ask difficult questions and follow up with even tougher comebacks.
Hiding behind a question from Margaret of Milton Keynes because " I don’t want an argument and I hate confrontation" is just a load of pathetic cupcake sissyballs.

hope he carries on with this tactic though

True but it has been built up to be the shop window with analysts identifying who performed well rather than discussing the actual issues being raised. As for the other debates, a lot of the time the house is empty.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It teaches how to f*** pigs and laugh at the poor

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
True but it has been built up to be the shop window with analysts identifying who performed well rather than discussing the actual issues being raised. As for the other debates, a lot of the time the house is empty.

but the analysts are from SKY and BBC trying to hype..............,ignore them
the house is very much empty sometimes,this shouldnt and doesnt detract from the quality of the debate though

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The editing is not the issue on this video although it is funny to see the Tories on here try and spin that angle.
If they actually ever watched PMQ's they'd realise there is nothing to defend, both sides act like this all the time. Both just as bad as each other. Corbyn does well not to rise to it though, hope he can keep his cool long enough to change the corrupt Labour Party. I doubt it though, they are beyond saving.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Jeering over someone asking a question, regardless of the content, that's what it was about surely?
We don't know what it was. They were jeering from the start because of something the clip didn't show. It kept getting cut and edited to show more jeering and we don't know what the jeering was for.

Whatever your political persuasion, it's all a bit childish isn't it?
The jeering in general seems a bit silly, but all sides do it of course, at certain times, and it doesn't seem to be stopping democracy working so I'm not too bothered about it. If you ignore your political persuasion, there'd be very little said about this, but because it's been edited to look like the tories are just shouting over Corbyn whenever he tries to ask a question, a load of lefties are up in arms about it. Read the facebook comments, it's embarrassing.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Regardless to whether it's been edited. It's socially inept to need to make animal noises whenever you hear something you disagree on.

Eaton obviously doesn't teach social skills.

No but I think you'll find that over the years in darkened dormitories, the head boy and his cohorts have honed one or two more fearful skills using rather more extreme forms of bullying.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
this is what editing looks like... i had no idea what the points being made my Corbyn were. or was the author just trying to show that jeering exists (a popular tactic by all politicans of colours and levels)?

Effextively laughing at and mocking poor people is ****ing dreadful. I don't care which party someone represents that is pathetic and disgraceful. And I haven't even watched this clip, I watched the full unedited broadcast.

If it was Labour, Greens, Lib Dems, whoever, I'd be saying the same. How anyone can bring themselves to vote for people with those attitudes beggars belief.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Effextively laughing at and mocking poor people is ****ing dreadful. I don't care which party someone represents that is pathetic and disgraceful. And I haven't even watched this clip, I watched the full unedited broadcast.

If it was Labour, Greens, Lib Dems, whoever, I'd be saying the same. How anyone can bring themselves to vote for people with those attitudes beggars belief.

Well said, sir!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Working class people who vote Tory are the weirdest phenomenon. How can that lot possibly speak for anyone who isn't wealthy, white and a total arsewipe.

Staggering.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Regardless of what one thinks of Corbyn, Cameron's arrogance and contempt are astonishing, and seem to increase all the time. He's starting to make Thatcher look modest and reasonable!!

I remember when he was still Leader of the Opposition (prior to May 2010), and he was promising a new kind of mature, grown-up, politics!

If a Labour PM was this arrogant and contemptuous, everyone (particularly the many Tories here on NSC) would be saying he wasn't fit to govern, and was bringing Parliament into disrepute, but because Cameron's a posh Tory, he gets away with it time and time again. Absolute hypocrisy.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Working class people who vote Tory are the weirdest phenomenon. How can that lot possibly speak for anyone who isn't wealthy, white and a total arsewipe.

Staggering.

In general elections, 25-33% of the working class vote Conservative.

A lot of working-class people have very authoritarian or tough, uncompromising, Right-wing views on social issues like crime, immigration and social security 'scroungers', and hate foreigners (unless it's a footballer playing for their team, of course!), along with the EU and 'bloody students'.

The Conservatives - aided by the tabloids - have successfully fuelled and exploited these prejudices for over a 100 years - although I realise that it is not only the working-class which holds these views.

SAC

May 21, 2014
im sorry ,cant agree at all on that topic,the government got spanked on tax credits,they have gone away with their tail between their legs and having a rethink.....apparently the new jist will be outlined in the autumn statement

Corbyn just wasted a daft amount of questions on tax credits when its impossible to give an answer until the announcement...........its like asking for the final league tables in march,he would have been better focusing on something else until then

If this is the case, why didn't the PM say that? Instead he thought it would be a good idea to try and score points talking about communists and Stalinists.

It would be like me asking you what the final league table was going to be and you replying wibble.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
If this is the case, why didn't the PM say that? Instead he thought it would be a good idea to try and score points talking about communists and Stalinists.

It would be like me asking you what the final league table was going to be and you replying wibble.[/QUOTE]

:lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::lolol::thumbsup:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
this is what editing looks like... i had no idea what the points being made my Corbyn were. or was the author just trying to show that jeering exists (a popular tactic by all politicans of colours and levels)?

PMQ's lasts 30 minutes. It should be the most serious session in parliament's weekly calendar when questions and answers are listened to intently.

I'd love to see the speaker armed with some form of red card system and fines for MPs (it probably exists). These representatives should show the public the respect we deserve by treating time in the chamber with all the seriousness.

To be frank, it's a national embarrassment.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
If this is the case, why didn't the PM say that?

He did in his first reply and last week when he was asked the same question numerous times. It is common practise for opposition leaders to ask questions that the serving PM cannot immediately answer so they appear evasive. This is also a form of point scoring. Corbyn's next one is 'can you guarantee there will be no winter crisis in the NHS'.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It would be funny if the grenade rolled in the wrong direction.

Do you see what I did there?

Do you?

Well, DO you?
uploadfromtaptalk1446825550003.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here