Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking of getting a DOG

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Dogs are great. Cats are okay, bit of a woman's pet tbh Sim. I just got a collie cross, had two before and they are smashing.

Cats are alright if you don't really like animals but want to keep your Mrs or kids happy. Do something good for yourself Simbobo, get yersen a Daaaag!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Dogs are great. Cats are okay, bit of a woman's pet tbh Sim. I just got a collie cross, had two before and they are smashing.

Cats are alright if you don't really like animals but want to keep your Mrs or kids happy. Do something good for yourself Simbobo, get yersen a Daaaag!
I thought I had already stated that dogs are for people who enjoy picking up shit, carrying weapons, looking like a chav, or for people who can't communicate with other human beings? ???

Cats are tremendous. And you're a successful actor aren't you? Who looks after your dog when you're in Hollywood waiting tables? Seems a bit selfish to me, nibble. :nono:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, and youre quite entitled to your opinion but why the need to throw in the gratuitous abuse of anyone who owns a dog.
I don't remember any cat owners staring blankly at me as their cat TERRIFIES my three year old kid and saying "he's only playing".

May 12, 2010
Yes, and youre quite entitled to your opinion but why the need to throw in the gratuitous abuse of anyone who owns a dog.

The thing is he’s right though.
We used to have a dog, but we tired of it soon enough. So anyway we did the rolled up carpet/motorway bridge thing.
And hey presto my house no longer STINKS. Neither do I, and even better than that I no longer have to pick up SHIT.
Sadly, I am still a social inadequate. I think that is a deeper rooted problem than dog ownership to be honest.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The thing is he’s right though.
We used to have a dog, but we tired of it soon enough. So anyway we did the rolled up carpet/motorway bridge thing.
And hey presto my house no longer STINKS. Neither do I, and even better than that I no longer have to pick up SHIT.
Sadly, I am still a social inadequate. I think that is a deeper rooted problem than dog ownership to be honest.
Good work lad. If you're a social inadequate, then the very first thing you should do is get rid of the dog. It's the path to normality. I applaud you for that fella. :clap:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I thought I had already stated that dogs are for people who enjoy picking up shit, carrying weapons, looking like a chav, or for people who can't communicate with other human beings? ???

Cats are tremendous. And you're a successful actor aren't you? Who looks after your dog when you're in Hollywood waiting tables? Seems a bit selfish to me, nibble. :nono:

Thanks for the concern over my dog who will be staying with my parents in Aug when I am abroad filming. Unless of course you would like to have her for 2 months?

Your'e a successful computer nerd aren't you? Who takes care of your Mrs while you staring at a computer screen in Reigate?

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh FFS. is that all you ever come out with? But thanks for the concern over my dog who will be staying with my parents in Aug when I am abroad filming. Unless of course you would like to have her for 2 months?

Your'e a successful computer nerd aren't you? Who takes care of your Mrs while you staring at a computer screen in Reigate?
Woah there nipple - I didn't mean to have a pop at you; but surely time away from a dog is much more of a problem than with a cat?

Good job you've got parents who are happy to be lumbered with your dog.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Nope. Never had a pet... our Step-Dad is allergic to the fur. They're terrible animals anyway

I'm sure that's just something he made up to avoid having to look after an animal, I've never seen him have an allergic reaction to fur.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Woah there nipple - I didn't mean to have a pop at you; but surely time away from a dog is much more of a problem than with a cat?

Good job you've got parents who are happy to be lumbered with your dog.

well no not really, cats are more of a pain because no-one wants to look after someone elses cat cos they are no fun at all. People like having a dog to look after and my old's don't see it as being lumbered at all as they have 2 dogs of their own and love 'em.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm sure that's just something he made up to avoid having to look after an animal, I've never seen him have an allergic reaction to fur.

He won't be allergic to the fur he will be allergic to the spores in the animals mucous. Nice eh?!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

f*** me Simeon. I suppose you don't shit do you ?. Its obvious this thread is just a wind up and you have no intention of bringing some joy into your kids lives by having a Dog. Just let it go in that case or do you get off on slagging off Dog owners ?.

What a WANKFEST of a thread.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
He won't be allergic to the fur he will be allergic to the spores in the animals mucous. Nice eh?!

So he is definitely making it up if he doesn't even know what he's allergic to!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
f*** me Simeon. I suppose you don't shit do you ?. Its obvious this thread is just a wind up and you have no intention of bringing some joy into your kids lives by having a Dog. Just let it go in that case or do you get off on slagging off Dog owners ?.

What a WANKFEST of a thread.
Calm down GARETH.

Of course I poo. But I don't do it in your back garden, knock on your door and watch you pick it up using a small freezer bag.

I also don't crap on pavements, bite faces off kids, bark uncontrollably all night, slobber stupidly or shake myself dry all over other people.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Pringles anyone?

pringles.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Oh Simpler, doga can be a bit of a handful, can be a bit messy at times but for me, the fun and pleasure I get out of owning a dog far outweighs the hassle.

I'm serious when I say I would far rather have a dog than a child.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oh Simpler, doga can be a bit of a handful, can be a bit messy at times but for me, the fun and pleasure I get out of owning a dog far outweighs the hassle.

I'm serious when I say I would far rather have a dog than a child.

Oh no, don't get me started on dog owners who treat dogs as if they are children. :facepalm:

I hope this thread lasts until Friday. It could be the mother of all dog costume threads.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Confucious reigns here (probably because I haven't read through the thread properly), but how has this turned into an MLB (Major League Binfest) ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here