Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking of getting a DOG

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The kids keep badgering me. Personally I've never had a dog before.

Can the wise and the great give me some dog owning tips? What type to get, best pooper scooper brand, food, that sort of thing.

Cheers

Blue and White Tiger

Exiled to Exeter
Jul 6, 2010
My Mrs has a Doberman cross Rottweiler and its the best! So silly, but very friendly and energetic!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
good_err_gay_dog_234.JPG

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
My Mrs has a Doberman cross Rottweiler and its the best! So silly, but very friendly and energetic!
I quite like that idea. The best thing is that I could have it put down if I got bored with it. I'd tell the authorities that it bit my kid, and tell the kids that it got run over.

Mind you, there shouldn't be a problem as long as the dog doesn't smell.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
go to the dogs trust Shoreham or RSPCA patcham,they'll be able to give you some great advice on what dogs are best suited to kids of all ages.all dogs in these places are assessed on temperament.

Is the best advice anyone could give. Only trouble is all those eyes pleading with you.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I quite like that idea. The best thing is that I could have it put down if I got bored with it. I'd tell the authorities that it bit my kid, and tell the kids that it got run over.

Mind you, there shouldn't be a problem as long as the dog doesn't smell.

If you get it put down that costs, roll it up in carpet and throw it off a motorway bridge. Money saving tip for you all

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Dogs need quite alot of looking after.

Better off getting a CAT.

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
A dog is for life.

If you don't feel you can commit full time, do not get one. As your kids grow up..15..16..17 and maybe when they leave home, you'll become very responsible for it.

A dog does not just need one walk in the park every weekend, and an occasional lead walk around the block - he needs a PROPER walk every day, especially when they are young. Keeping your dog in for a whole day isn't right; think about it, why do you think cats go out every day? Same mentality.

I'd suggest you think long and very hard - can you give it a loving and caring home, or is it something that your kids want at this moment?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone have a Bernese Mountain Dog? If so, are they as wicked cool as they look?

bernese-mountain-puppy.jpg

Well want one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
go to the dogs trust Shoreham or RSPCA patcham,they'll be able to give you some great advice on what dogs are best suited to kids of all ages.all dogs in these places are assessed on temperament.

This is a good idea as you can take it back when you've had enough. Remember to keep the receipt though.

Please don't go to a breeder, there are so many rescue dogs looking for homes.
Take your kids to your local RSPCA and let them choose one. They'll be choosing one they really love and it gives a stray dog a new home with kids that really want it.

I know people have mixed feelings about Staffie's but they really are great dogs with children, playful, loyal and obedient. If you can find a younger one , say under 2 years/ 18 months and train it well you're kids will have a loving companion for the length of it's life.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Can you do that? Obviously I'm not into killing dogs so I would rather do this if possible.

Only if you take out the extended WARRANTY

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here