Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking Of Commuting To London Tomorrow ?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
You might be right but I think it's a fine line. The service is totally unacceptable as things stand, but the terms required to permit refunds often seem frustratingly out of reach:

http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/dec/18/how-claim-train-delayed
"As a general rule, companies will refund 50% of your ticket for a delay of 30 minutes or more, and will double that if the delay is for an hour or longer."

So that means if my train is persistently 20 mins late, I'll get bugger all. How is that reasonable? It isn't is it? So some people probably feel encouraged and justified to bend these rules.

It won't be long until the new franchisee for the the new Southern/FCC massive combo is announced and whether things will be different who knows ?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I wonder when First Capital Connect customers are going to be charged extra to pay for the repairs?

I don't think it will be too much for another roll of FCC duct tape, which is used for all their repair jobs.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I swear this happens at least 3 times EVERY week.

Incident created02/01/2014 16:00Last updated02/01/2014 16:01Route affectedDownloadMapof route afectedAll routes through Gatwick Airport

TOC(s) affectedFirst Capital Connect; First Great Western; Gatwick Express; Southern; DescriptionA signalling problem at Gatwick Airport is causing delays of up to 20 minutes to journeys through the station.
Twitter hashtag: #Gatwick
To check your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I swear this happens at least 3 times EVERY week.

Incident created02/01/2014 16:00Last updated02/01/2014 16:01Route affectedDownloadMapof route afectedAll routes through Gatwick Airport

TOC(s) affectedFirst Capital Connect; First Great Western; Gatwick Express; Southern; DescriptionA signalling problem at Gatwick Airport is causing delays of up to 20 minutes to journeys through the station.
Twitter hashtag: #Gatwick
To check your journey, please use the National Rail Enquiries real-time Journey Planner

Just spotted that, glad I'm working at home after all today. Back up to blighty tomorrow though,

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oh joy, delays now up to 60 minutes. FFS.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I have never known such an inept organisation as Network Rail.

Do they not maintain signals?

Any of their employees use this site and want to defend their organsation?

I very much doubt it's anything to do with maintaining signals it looks more like a complete loss of signalling.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
I have never known such an inept organisation as Network Rail.

Do they not maintain signals?

Any of their employees use this site and want to defend their organsation?

I very much doubt it's anything to do with maintaining signals it looks more like a complete loss of signalling.

1st signalling issue at Gatwick with the 20 minute delays (to only 2 services) was a points failure. 2nd issue between Gatwick and Three Bridges was a 3rd party power failure - basically a power cut which UK Power Networks control. You simply cannot prevent that. Power restored and all lines now open.

If anything, you need to be asking the power companies why the power was lost, not dissimilar to what happened at Gatwick on Xmas Eve.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
1st signalling issue at Gatwick with the 20 minute delays (to only 2 services) was a points failure. 2nd issue between Gatwick and Three Bridges was a 3rd party power failure - basically a power cut which UK Power Networks control. You simply cannot prevent that. Power restored and all lines now open.

If anything, you need to be asking the power companies why the power was lost, not dissimilar to what happened at Gatwick on Xmas Eve.

Power cut, wrong snow, leaves on the line, land slides, track side fires....but never ever the rail companies fault.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally vindicated WFH today and tomorrow now as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here