Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thinking Of Commuting To London Tomorrow ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Albeit zero testing and one signal was connected incorrectly, think tomorrow will be an epic fail.

Hardly a surprise, though, is it. We all know from experience. I've not really planned to go up tomorrow from the off, think
Fri is unlikely, but still hoping for Mon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They do back down if you persistently complain. Got £20 from them recently as they kept mucking up a £2.40 delay repay. Took about 4 months to sort, but was worth it.

Agree. The turning point in my case was when after about 3 months of messing me around they returned my package containing a signed letter detailing the issue, my tickets, car hire documentation along with an official form for me to complete. The form asked for my name, address, details, tickets and other documentation and signature. I then rang them again, this time asking to speak to someone in authority, and pointed out that when the put everything they had just returned to me in the envelope they had all the information they requested literally in their hand. I also pointed out I had had enough at this point and had no confidence in Southern's ability to remedy the situation. Thankfully the manager guy gave me his personal details and promised to deal with my case personally if I returned the package which he did; my money arrived shortly afterwards. I also got some extra cash and an apology for the chaotic refund procedure.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Hardly a surprise, though, is it. We all know from experience. I've not really planned to go up tomorrow from the off, think
Fri is unlikely, but still hoping for Mon.

I'm flying out of Gatwick on Saturday mid-morning. Getting really paranoid about these shits even being able to transport me thirty minutes up the line in a straight line without some sort of cun tish stress-inducing melodrama. Will prob opt for National Coach at half the price.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Will check the Southern website at 05.55 tomorrow but given past record fully expect the line works to overrun and replacement buses to still be in place until at least lunchtime, and therefore another day working from home.

Still miracles do happen, and there may be a direct service from the start of schedule

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm flying out of Gatwick on Saturday mid-morning. Getting really paranoid about these shits even being able to transport me thirty minutes up the line in a straight line without some sort of cun tish stress-inducing melodrama. Will prob opt for National Coach at half the price.

If there's a group of you a taxi is easier and only £45

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Thank **** the line is back to normal for Saturday. The drive from Camden, and back again, was a serious pain in the arse today... doubly-so as a result of having to stay sober at the game. Not an experience I wish to repeat too often. Next time it'll be the train/bus/train/sherpa/camel-train combo... and a hip-flask.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Trains all looking good from Worthing

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I spoke far too soon. we've crawled North from Haywards Heath and are sat just past the M25

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
all this extra work and usual shambles of a service. Stuck paralell witj Merstham station, should have been at East Croydon 5 mins ago. No explanation given why we have sat stationary for last 15 minutes.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
There is a suspected landslip just North of the Quarry Tunnel, so all trains are running at 5mph

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There is a suspected landslip just North of the Quarry Tunnel, so all trains are running at 5mph

1st day of new season ticket and delay repay looks like it's going in. Start as we mean to go on eh

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
delayrepay should be lowered to 15 minute delays. I am going to be about 24 mins late and I will get nothing for yet another poor service.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Got in on my usual 7:23 from Redhill. Train seven mins late, which is unusual as that particular service is nearly always punctual. However in 8 years commuting from Reigate/Redhill, it remains the only service I have ever known Southern to run that is reliable, mind.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Got in on my usual 7:23 from Redhill. Train seven mins late, which is unusual as that particular service is nearly always punctual. However in 8 years commuting from Reigate/Redhill, it remains the only service I have ever known Southern to run that is reliable, mind.

Presumably, when Southern do their customer surveys and get a 96% satisfaction rate, that is the line they use to poll. I doubt if it's our line TBH. Although, if they have completed the works on time today (NR rail, that is, not Southern), then fair play to all involved, though I've worked at home today anyway as I had no faith at all they'd be running.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here