Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Things you have learnt fron NSC since becoming a member..........

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It has taught me that opinions are entrenched and no matter how good the argument they won’t change

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
...that inexplicably there are some people who back Boris Johnson in spite of his lying, philandering, hypocritical, mendacious behaviour......

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've learnt that doing an NSC search on 'Pliny The Elder' returns 152 results. Or including this one, 153 results

This didn't ring true to me. I looked up PTE and, true enough, there are 153 results. I looked in one of the smaller threads and there wasn't a single mention of Pliny there. It did, however, highlight 'the'. But that's strange too - there are surely a lot, lot more than 153 threads that use the word 'the'.

Something dodgy with the search function there

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This didn't ring true to me. I looked up PTE and, true enough, there are 153 results. I looked in one of the smaller threads and there wasn't a single mention of Pliny there. It did, however, highlight 'the'. But that's strange too - there are surely a lot, lot more than 153 threads that use the word 'the'.

IMG_20200731_150638.jpg

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

There are 6 for "Pliny"; 150 for "Elder". Clearly quotes in the search don't work how they oughta.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
That if someone gets something hopelessly wrong, and you point this out, rather than admit an error, it becomes a whoosh.
The eyesight of many fans is very poor, as they often seem to be at a different game to me.
Irony and dry humour does't work well in print.
Always switch it off and on.
There is always someone who will ask a very basic question (particularly on computer matters) that you didn't want to ask in case you showed up your lack of knowledge.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
...that inexplicably there are some people who back Boris Johnson in spite of his lying, philandering, hypocritical, mendacious behaviour......

I must say that I'm baffled by this too. I can't think of a single redeeming feature of his premiership. He can't be bothered to turn up for meetings, he can't be bothered to read reports, he can't be bothered to prepare for PMQT. Now he's looking for a spokesperson as he can't be bothered to face the media.

He "got Brexit done" by agreeing to something that May had already rejected ... and then it turns out he hadn't bothered to read that agreement either. He boasted about an 'oven-ready deal' which turns out to be non-existent and has dealt with the Covid crisis by a series of mixed and contradictory messages.

I'm amazed by anyone who thinks he's done anything approaching a good job.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I must say that I'm baffled by this too. I can't think of a single redeeming feature of his premiership. He can't be bothered to turn up for meetings, he can't be bothered to read reports, he can't be bothered to prepare for PMQT. Now he's looking for a spokesperson as he can't be bothered to face the media.

He "got Brexit done" by agreeing to something that May had already rejected ... and then it turns out he hadn't bothered to read that agreement either. He boasted about an 'oven-ready deal' which turns out to be non-existent and has dealt with the Covid crisis by a series of mixed and contradictory messages.

I'm amazed by anyone who thinks he's done anything approaching a good job.

Big Brain Dom effectively runs the country, BJ is just his sock puppet

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
...that there are at least two people on the forum who are experts on any topic, no matter how arcane the subject matter. They may not always hold the same opinion though.
...that when the chips are really down in a personal matter, enmities are put aside by the vast majority of posters.
...that it is necessary to create a Young Seagulls account for your child before they reach the age of seven if you want to receive a free shirt for them from the club to celebrate their seventh birthday.
...that it is unwise to advertise a rival football forum on NSC, particularly if you don't cover your cyber-tracks very well.
...and, very recently, that NSC is a poorer place without BG's presence.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Don't take most things on this board too seriously and don't spend too long on here. Some bods seem to be posting on here almost to the exclusion of anything else.
As with all 'keyboarding', posters say things to each other they wouldn't dream of saying in person; well most wouldn't.
There is little or no appreciation of opposing political viewpoints. Entrenchment is the name of the game.
When the chips are down for someone, good old NSC rallies round and lends a helping hand, even to sworn enemies!
I would miss it if it wasn't here.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
That I love self-deprecating humour but I'm just not very good at it. :down:

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I've learned that regardless of what the content of a thread is, some mogwaddle will turn it into a political dig at one of the political parties.
I've also learned that turning it off and then on again is sometimes best to leave it off
I've have since learned that there is no such thing as a stupid question, just a stupid idiot asking it
Another thing learned is if it isn't broken, ask on here and we'll get it fixed........permanently
I've learned that if you must drink and post, be prepared to spend the next few days apologising to people you normally wouldn't give the time of day
But I've also learned if you need serious information on any subject, you will find it here quicker than an internet search
There would normally be the occasional thread about football, which is nice

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have learned just how easy it is to upset Brexiteers and right wingers in general with a few well timed posts.
I have also discovered some very nice people and indeed, made some drinking buddies from here.
Also got a gas engineer sorted from recommendations on here.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I've learned that my spelling and grammar are surprisingly good compared to many posters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here