Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Things you have learnt fron NSC since becoming a member..........

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Oh, and the abuse. Quite worrying how many posters hurl abuse at anyone whose opinions they disagree with. Sad really.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I suppose you mean misreading a post and so calling someone a lying bullshitter, that sort of thing?
No I don't - and you know it! It's being called old (element of truth in that I suppose), thick, fascist, right wing and racist. And you know that too.

Now if you want to be the muppet who gets this tread shifted to the Bear Pit, go ahead, carry on along the same lines. I'm out of this (for the same reason - posts like you've just posted - that I'm out of the Brexit and other Bear Pit threads).

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I don't think I've learnt anything from NSC in many respects, I could read/count beforehand ( although still can't spell for tofu)

20+ years ago it was a small church you didn't even need to register/log into, so anyone said anything. A few years later that changed and friends were made.

Due to outside occurrences I have learnt to act for the greater good, show compassion and support for people of the same ilk that I didn't even necessarily know.

The fight and struggle for the clubs survival pre dates NSC.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've learnt that once you get a Bear Pit it descends into an Argus Comments feeder page with about ten regular posters who spend much time hurling insults each other. It's as if now they are off the radar they feel that all their frustrations can be released in one toxic hot pot.

It's all gone a bit 'Lord of the Flies' with more Jacks than Ralphs and BLM as the imaginary beast.

NSC is a great study in social anthropology.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
Not a football forum but a place for pricks to try and show they are so much more intelligent than the previous poster.

Full of w*nkers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 22389

No I don't - and you know it! It's being called old (element of truth in that I suppose), thick, fascist, right wing and racist. And you know that too.

Now if you want to be the muppet who gets this tread shifted to the Bear Pit, go ahead, carry on along the same lines. I'm out of this (for the same reason - posts like you've just posted - that I'm out of the Brexit and other Bear Pit threads).

:thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Never, never, never post on NSC that you voted for Brexit. You'll get dog's abuse, even from posters who are normally quite reasonable - even friendly - when discussing football and most other matters.

That's clearly not true. I voted for Brexit (and posted on here that I did) but I can't recall a single poster being abusive to me

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
If you want a response, litter anything you write with could of or should of or would of and lose the punctuation and any semblance of speling skills otherwise you can write anything from the erudite to the total tosh and hopefully enjoy and apologies for that comma

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If you want a response, litter anything you write with could of or should of or would of and lose the punctuation and any semblance of speling skills otherwise you can write anything from the erudite to the total tosh and hopefully enjoy and apologies for that comma

Apologise!

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I have learned that if you ever leave a game early you are considered a bad fan.

If you post something that somebody else disagrees with you are automatically a bell*end

If you get nervous during a game then you are a bed wetter

BUT

There is also a lot of very funny threads, some genuinely caring people, some good recommendations and a shared love of the Albion.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Puzzled by this, what else do you think has been filling the gaps beween tiles for the last 400 years?

Not sure, but I only heard of gout during History lessons. Since then I had never heard it mentioned again until I read someone on NSC had it. As I am not an oracle of knowledge I am sure there are many many things I don’t know. The thing is I am at least clever enough to realise that.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've learned that NSC is moderated by some very left wing people.
I've learned that it's not acceptable to disagree with anything said in support of the NHS.
I've learned that it's unacceptable to admit you didn't join the NHS clap-a-thon.
In fact it's frowned upon to have any opinions that veer from the majority.

I've learned that in order to have a peaceful life on NSC you should stick to Albion stuff. Only venture into non-Albion territory if you're going to agree with the majority of posters and under no circumstances are you permitted to voice any thoughts or opinions which could be considered even slightly controversial or right wing.

No true.

Centre left, perhaps, but not 'very left wing'

The Great Leader is a prime example, who I have always thought of as a soft Tory.

The NHS clap-a-thon was something I think I began questioning after a while and I didn't get abuse.

Sometimes I've disagreed with a herd opinion and haven't got abuse.

It's about the way you say things. The Bear Pit is an example.

I despise most of right wing politics but would happily engage with someone who explains their views in a more nuanced way. Interestingly, the last general election poll on here had a third voting Tory and a third voting for left wing parties. NSC is very centre ground.

Folk on here just don't seem that keen on views that push the extremes. Given the amount of time that I have on my hands I might even do a little study on it. It's the kind of nerdish stuff that folk like on here (and a reason why my eccentricities are tolerated).

NSC, for such a large forum, is very welcoming. What clearly isn't tolerated is ignorance. I run a couple of nerdy Facebook groups with large memberships and I have noticed that once you weed out Argus comment types and abusive personalities the contributions increase. I think that's what had happened over the years with NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here