Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that were better in the lower leagues?

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Proper fans. They are "Stockport County" fans because they love "Stockport County" and were not swayed by their noisy neighbours in Bury etc..... Could have a good bit of banter with whom you knew were proper fans. Not many "Stockport County" JCL's on a Tuesday night in the Cricketers in Gillingham.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Being able to get into social clubs at the ground, drink at decent prices and chat to like-minded fans of the other side.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Being able to get into social clubs at the ground, drink at decent prices and chat to like-minded fans of the other side.

Very much this.... I know palace and BHA are rivals, but I still think before and after a game against each other, most of us could sit and chat about the game with a pint!! I can not talk about football with "surrey" reds and Chelsea fans, I just change the subject.

Blackpool had a club (Knocked down now) you paid a pound to get in a the drink was proper cheap, you could even get a pint of mild 3 years ago.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Cheaper tickets. Regular Saturday 3pm game. More of a feeling you were part of the club rather than just a customer. FA Cup 1st Round day. Terraces. Not so many little gobshites going to away games

Much as I love the Amex, you've got some very valid points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here