Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that SCARED you when you were young[er]

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I can't help but feel this thread needs some sort of [MENTION=70]Easy 10[/MENTION] input.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
When I was quite young, say 7 or 8 (1975-ish or maybe earlier) I vaguely remember this weekly children's drama which was set in a town or village and every so often they'd be this wierd sound/force field which spooked the inhabitants including me. A group eventually traced it to a cave. This is all I can remember. If anyone can name this program please do...but I appreciate my description is very vague.

Is this it?

The Changes. - YouTube

Edit...It doesn't look so scary 40 years on. :lolol:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Zelda from Terrorhawks.

image.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I've skipped straight to the last post of this thread just in case anyone has put a picture up of the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang child catcher. Still scares me now *shudder*

I've never been a fan of punch and judy either.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
The puppet piano player on the 'Pinky and Perky Show'

Leo Sayer as the Pierrot singing 'I Won't Let The Show Go On'

'Armchair Thriller' The Black Nun

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is this it?

The Changes. - YouTube

Edit...It doesn't look so scary 40 years on. :lolol:

Oh my god. This is it. Thank you so much. I have wondered what this program is for decades and either no one has known or internet searches have come up blank.

And you're right it doesn't look very scary now but in my defence I was 7 at the time. The wonder of NSC.

Can I ask, do you remember it yourself or google it?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dustcarts & Rubber

The smell of rubber used to make me a bit wierd as a youngster after an unpleasant experience with a gas mask at the dentist.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Weirdly, the ident for 'The Video Collection':

I had many a video with that on as a kid, and for some reason it scared the pants off me. Still makes me feel uncomfortable to watch it, even now.

No idea why.

pipkin112

Aug 10, 2011
sompting
Oh my god. This is it. Thank you so much. I have wondered what this program is for decades and either no one has known or internet searches have come up blank.

And you're right it doesn't look very scary now but in my defence I was 7 at the time. The wonder of NSC.

Can I ask, do you remember it yourself or google it?

I googled it, something along the lines of " kids programme 1970's weird sound in cave".

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
For some reason Rupert Bear when I was really young but also the Cuban crisis in 1962 didn't understand it at the time but just remember my parents discussing and being worried

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Brading Waxworks Museum now closed down thankfully,also a Public information clip about playing on Train Track's bodies of Kid's carried out of a tunnel and layed by the tracks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here