Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that SCARED you when you were young[er]

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004

The Singing Ringing Tree was seriously creepy.

Also use to have nightmares about the witch Eucalypta in the dutch kids show 'Paulus The Wood Gnome'

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
This man scared me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 144

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I don't get it. Why are they scary?

Those blank, expressionless faces and the dead empty eyes. It was like watching endless re-runs of supporters club get togethers up at Selhurst. *shiver*

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I daresay the special effects are quite appalling now, but the scene in one of the Indiana Jones movies where the Nazi guys start melting was DEAD creepy.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Park keepers. As a kid in Saunder's park the shout "PARKY" would be our cue to try and get off the depot roof without being seen and chased.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing
This is an easy one for me. Two things scared the crap out of me as a child.

Firstly, Kenny Everett dressed as a woman. I was so confused. Why did this woman have a beard?

images.jpg

Secondly, The Phantom Raspberry Blower in The Two Ronnies but written by Spike Milligan and Ronnie Barker. I would literally hide behind the couch. Does this mean farts kill you? I thought 'what's the point of living anymore?'

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Horses, they're MASSIVE. I also really dislike the styrofoam pellets you get in packages. And even at the ripe old age of 34 I still have trouble hanging a foot out over the bed in case there's a monster under the bed that will eat my foot.

The Moomins is also a good shout, weird half hippo looking things. Freaky as google.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
My grandad, RIP to the hardest (in an emotional way) bar steward I've ever had the misfortune to be a grandson of!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
When I was quite young, say 7 or 8 (1975-ish or maybe earlier) I vaguely remember this weekly children's drama which was set in a town or village and every so often they'd be this wierd sound/force field which spooked the inhabitants including me. A group eventually traced it to a cave. This is all I can remember. If anyone can name this program please do...but I appreciate my description is very vague.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here