nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
Triffids.

th.jpg

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
My parents could never get me to pass a certain statue which used to be in the Pavilion Gardens. That statue is now at the Old Steine opposite the Royal York Building. As an adult I cannot think why I was so scared having now seen it many times.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Beat me to it, couldn't go anywhere near a tall flower for years as a kid.

Also, in the mid 80's weren't there a couple of fictional documentaries on the outbreak of a Nuclear War on this country? They gave me a few nightmares at the time

Threads was the main nuclear war documentary I remember. Also, When The Wind Blows is worth a watch too.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Threads was the main nuclear war documentary I remember. Also, When The Wind Blows is worth a watch too.

Threads was DEFINITELY scary.

I also used to hate standing on the platform in Tube stations for some reason. It was something to do with the dark tunnels and the way the trains appeared almost without warning. And the rats on the line. You don't see many rats on the Tube now, or at least I haven't in recent years. Perhaps some of NSC's regular commuters will challenge that.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
The Equalizer had me often thinking there was a chap in a cap, his gnarled and nefarious face mostly concealed by the tip of the hat's shadow, either behind a pillar or column in any train station late at night or stood in the corner of a lift i mistakenly climb into and descend myself and him into a hell he chooses to create. I was identifying possible culprits, more than likely in relation to that show, in the mid-80s when one of these innocent-at-first-glance chaps decided to attempt to follow me home from the Pavillion to Lewis Road. I sprinted at full pelt from the bottom of Elm Grove, but wouldn't leave the house for a couple of days. I can still see that chap now, his nerdy spectacles and German army shirt, his invasive stare. And that Edward Woodward was nowhere to be bloody seen, hobbling down the road with justice bullets in his rifle. Fibber.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
When a man fell down a dark lift shaft in Bergerac once.

I was a little bit scared of lifts for YEARS afterwards :)

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
The old Norfolk Bridge in Shoreham - as you walked across it on the side footpaths, you could see through some of the grates down to the water below. I blame that for my life-long fear of heights.

We used to walk over the top when in our teens crazy the things you do when young

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
The Equalizer had me often thinking there was a chap in a cap, his gnarled and nefarious face mostly concealed by the tip of the hat's shadow, either behind a pillar or column in any train station late at night or stood in the corner of a lift i mistakenly climb into and descend myself and him into a hell he chooses to create. I was identifying possible culprits, more than likely in relation to that show, in the mid-80s when one of these innocent-at-first-glance chaps decided to attempt to follow me home from the Pavillion to Lewis Road. I sprinted at full pelt from the bottom of Elm Grove, but wouldn't leave the house for a couple of days. I can still see that chap now, his nerdy spectacles and German army shirt, his invasive stare. And that Edward Woodward was nowhere to be bloody seen, hobbling down the road with justice bullets in his rifle. Fibber.

Thank goodness for the invention of the letter D? Otherwise the star would have been Ewar Woowar.:)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
When I was little and lived in South Africa, we had a film club after school on a Friday and they showed a Hammer House of Horror film somethink like Circus of Horrors or something like that.

To this day, Clowns scare the crap out of me. I know its irrational, but I find them really sinister

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
There was an episode of Red Dwarf i remember where Rimmer is dressed up as a young girl with Pig Tails, freaked the shit out of me at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here