Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that really hurt...

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Stepping on a plank of wood and only realising there is a nail in it when said plank is firmly attached to the sole of your foot!

Goat lung

Jan 27, 2013
Triple aaa battery's forced up your jap eye can be quite nasty if you push them in to make a contact

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Most painful thing I have had is when I had to get my in growing toe nails treated on both big toes. They actually cut down the length of you nail so it is about 5mm narrower and then shove a chemical soaked cotton bud into the cuticle. However that doesn't hurt. Why! Because they anaethetise your toe. That's what hurts like f**k. Two injections in each toe, either side of the bone. Not nice but not terrible. They then slowly squeeze the plunger and as the anaesthetic slowly separates the flesh from the bone the pain is almost unbearable. Far worse than when I tore my cruciate ligaments.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
When you get something sharp going underneath your fingernail- I've reached into a bag before and unwittingly managed to prod something sharp & pointy up underneath one of my nails. That hurts for AGES, and the pain is completely disproportionate to the size of the injury.

I suppose the same principle applies to all these "gentlemen's injuries" you lot are describing. A huge amount of pain for something so tiny :D
What is the female equivalent of a "gentleman's injury"?

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
A floorboard I was lifting suddenly snapped sending a splinter of wood underneath my thumbnail and back out just above the thumb joint,seemed to smart somewhat as i recall.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
As you flip your contact lenses out at 11pm, you remember that 8 hours earlier, you were chopping chillies. You remember quite fast in fact.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Having your 18 month old aim a flying headbutt at your genitalia the day after "the snip" having previously cleared your man garden with Veet for Men.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Having surgical wadding, soaked in antiseptic fluid inserted under a septic big toe nail with no anaesthetic,second only to trying to breathe with a pneumo thorax.

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Walking out in to the garden for a fag in pitch darkness and accidentally booting a massive hedgehog full on. Barefoot. Couldn't walk until the morning (we've bonded now however)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21375478405.810044.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here