Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that really hurt...

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Having stitches in your lip. Not the actual stitches that are painful but the injection to numb the lip was awful, especially as a 10 year old!

The injection before stitches really hurts, and thats coming from a six foot two shaven headed bloke not a ten year old, not sure what was worse the injection in the head or in the thumb.

Also getting a tattoo on the chest as a skinny 17 year old by a drunk tattooist that started arguing with his girlfriend as soon as the ink hit my skin.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Sneezing with a broken breast bone. Unbelievable pain!

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Most painful thing I have had is when I had to get my in growing toe nails treated on both big toes. They actually cut down the length of you nail so it is about 5mm narrower and then shove a chemical soaked cotton bud into the cuticle. However that doesn't hurt. Why! Because they anaethetise your toe. That's what hurts like f**k. Two injections in each toe, either side of the bone. Not nice but not terrible. They then slowly squeeze the plunger and as the anaesthetic slowly separates the flesh from the bone the pain is almost unbearable. Far worse than when I tore my cruciate ligaments.

That's wierd, I had my toenails done (long time ago admittedly) and I cannot remember the injuctions for the locals hurting very much. Having a local injection in my tongue however....

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
Pissing blood whilst I passed kidney stones smarted a bit a few months back!!

Thankfully they've not returned...

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Getting poked in the eye ! ARRRGGGHHH !!!!!
Breaking a nail trying to pull it off and pulling the flesh from your finger with it !!

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Dropping a newspaper on your foot when you have severe gout !!

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
Having surgical wadding, soaked in antiseptic fluid inserted under a septic big toe nail with no anaesthetic,second only to trying to breathe with a pneumo thorax.

Certainly gets my vote!

Also a gas canister leaking its contents onto exposed skin smarts a little!

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Following a motorcycle accident having a deep hole in my kneecap and gravel rash on my forearm scrubbed clean by a nurse using a toothbrush and Peroxide. She put some Novacaine gel on first but warned me it wouldn't have much effect (and f**k me she was'nt kidding!) and then had to keep scrubbing until all the grit was removed.
I seem to recall that smarted a little bit :nono:

Having a broken finger nail removed.

If you interested, they shove something like a big pair of tweezers under one side, clamp the other side down and then twist like opening a can of corned beef.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Having post hemorrhoidectomy stitches removed from your arse :eek:

I've got that soon :(

Can it be as painful as the stomach cramps after doc pushes air inside when looking up there with a camera? I've never experienced pain like it ever, and equally never experienced such relief when the air (finally) escaped, sounded like I was going to put a crack in the pan :eek:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Can it be as painful as the stomach cramps after doc pushes air inside when looking up there with a camera? I've never experienced pain like it ever, and equally never experienced such relief when the air (finally) escaped, sounded like I was going to put a crack in the pan :eek:

Oh gawd I had an investigation recently involving that..the doc kept saying relax and try push the air out while he was pumping more in! Glad I'm not the only one who found it painful

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

I shan't lie to you, but hopefully not scare you but, post op was the most pain I've ever experienced. I was supposed to be in and out of hospital the same day, but they kept me in overnight because I'd had too much morphine to be released! It only lasted a day or so though. I am however, pretty much a big girls blouse when it comes to pain threshold so it might just have been me.

Oh, and good luck with your first serious post op dump as well :lolol:

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Oh gawd I had an investigation recently involving that..the doc kept saying relax and try push the air out while he was pumping more in! Glad I'm not the only one who found it painful

Every lump and bump in the road felt like I'd been winded, was much more painful than the procedure itself!

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I shan't lie to you, but hopefully not scare you but, post op was the most pain I've ever experienced. I was supposed to be in and out of hospital the same day, but they kept me in overnight because I'd had too much morphine to be released! It only lasted a day or so though. I am however, pretty much a big girls blouse when it comes to pain threshold so it might just have been me.

Oh, and good luck with your first serious post op dump as well :lolol:

Feel free to lie about it :lol: I'm intending on living on soup for at least a week afterwards. I too am a girl when it comes to pain, so much so that when I had 12 teeth out I was on morphine for 3 days afterwards :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here