Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that drive you MENTAL

The world is flat, it not really up as shown on a map.
Its to do with the early railways, all tracks lead down to London.

....Ahem..... all trains going to London are UP, those coming from London DOWN. Not sure how one deals with trains going along such as East/West Coastway ones - one for Ernest?

...Waits for posting that people who are pedantic about minor things are really annoying.

u'vebeenamexed

Whateverhappenedto.......
Sep 23, 2011
Hove-By-The-Sea
....Ahem..... all trains going to London are UP, those coming from London DOWN. Not sure how one deals with trains going along such as East/West Coastway ones - one for Ernest?

...Waits for posting that people who are pedantic about minor things are really annoying.

Down to Plymouth but up to Cardiff ? I wouldn't go to Hastings so I can't comment on that.

Madness really but that's the way it is.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Getting stuck behind slow walkers in the middle of the city centre!

i feel your pain, [MENTION=26489]Brightonia[/MENTION].

My peeve is people that make way too much noise given their situation.

Ejemplo:

People that, when making Tea or Coffee, pour milk in and then proceed to pummel the drinking vessel with all their might making that clink sound.
People who chew very loud, and then open their mouth occasionally.
People who shout the same things at you repeatedly even though you heard them when they quietly said it.

No, you know you're clattering the cup with effort and purpose, it's not accidental.
Yes, you might be oblivious to how totally disgusting your table manners are. But don't do it in front of me.
And No, I we are listening to you, so when told not to raise your voice and repeat yourself, don't go off on one under the assumption that we're nor listening, your highness.

Ok I'm done.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton

opps my bad then.
It does not matter as to whether there East/West its if they are going to or from London.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
As a right little Mister Angry there are loads of things but the biggest is people who awl and talk or text on their phones. They walk so slowly and meander everywhere. Usually right in my way.

I at least make sure I stop and find a wall to lean against or something. 'Meanderthals' are slowly making their way into walking half way across the road, then texting, then standing there..

next they'll have a iWalk lane..

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
This - Why do people think it's acceptable to make so much noise chomping on a frigging apple?

The Effective Use of the Word Frigging -by- [MENTION=12706]mikeyjh[/MENTION]

just makes me laugh. Frigging is far more powerful than Fcuking :D

jonsey

Aug 5, 2011
North Sussex
i used to work with someone who cleaned her ears out with pens from our desks..... then she puts the pens back and walks away

people who talk with a mouthfull of food,,, pigs

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
The world is flat, it not really up as shown on a map.
Its to do with the early railways, all tracks lead down to London.

Its the exact reverse actually. Its UP to London from everywhere.
The "up service" is always a train to London from anywhere in the country.

As for things that drive me nuts (apart from pedenatic prats attempting to correct NSC posts)

Traffic Lights on Roundabouts make me furious. Pointless waste of everyone's time

but my absolute NUMBER ONE is when i spot those filthy dirty fcuking pikey caravans parked on playing fields, down the beach or up the Downs (don't start that again)

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
People who want to change my life. Particularly those who I have not asked to talk to.

Forest Row is weird - they knock on your door and ask 'do you and your wife really need a car each?'

Yes we do. f*** off and please stop knoking on my door.

In fact last time they kncoked on the front door coul hear we were in so walked round to back garden and knocked on the window.

UNblieveable.

Wankers.

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
Someone is Laughing their Ass off, and when asked what's funny they reply with 'Private Joke'. Oh ok, well if it's so Private then why the f*** are you laughing right in front of me about it? Drives me Nuts.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
People at the heads of queues/cashpoints on their mobile phones.
Goodness gracious, has WW3 just broken out
Show some class please chavs.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Negative (now i know i am no flambouyant superstar) but people that are hum drum,dead beat,life sapping types.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
f*** it everybody and everything,life sucks and i hate everybody....................................well sometimes

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Best steer clear of watching The Apprentice. :smile:

Man... I HATE that programme.

The only time it's remotely acceptable to be curt and aggressive in order to get things done, is when helping two gangsters to dispose of a dead body.....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here