Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that drive you MENTAL

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
not the little annoyances in life - I mean the things that really can get you close to complete meltdown. Sweating, gritted teeth, wanting to scream out loud.

Mine? Today spending an hour on the phone to HMRC as they have decided to ask for Self Assesment this year - never happened before.

Mentioned that they believe I should be on a different tax code and that I could expect to be taxed an additional £267 per month from February.

Just when you think you're ahead in life someone or something just takes a big wet shit on your head.

So what sends you all Basil Fawlty and takes you close to committing blue bloody murder?

Gullys Cats

Sausage by the sea!!!
Nov 27, 2010
NSC
Most things and most people!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop asking me these questions :lolol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Listening to people eating. I have absolutely no idea why, but it drives me so mad, during the time, I'm sure I could go postal given the chance. At work I always have my iPod phones on hand, and if anyone starts eating an apple I have to plug myself in. The same on the train. Without the invention of the iPod, I'd be doing time by now.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
People who think that they can motivate people by being aggressive and authoritarian..

Or people who think that being curt and aggressive means they're dynamic and someone "who gets things done"..

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The guy I sit near at work that spends half the day clicking his fingers or drumming the desk :rant:

The woman that lives in the flat above me that insists on walking around in high heels on the wooden floor so it sounds like someone is hammering the ceiling. Oh and don't get me started on her dropping cigarette butts onto my balcony :rant: :rant:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Getting stuck behind slow walkers in the middle of the city centre!

Similar for me but anyone that is slow whether that be walking, at cashpoints (what the f*** are you doing?), making decisions, getting their money out, packing their shopping away etc. Anyone that gets on a bus or to a ticket machine and then looks for their money or ticket must be retarded in my view.

D

Deleted member 18477

The guy I sit near at work that spends half the day clicking his fingers or drumming the desk :rant:

The woman that lives in the flat above me that insists on walking around in high heels on the wooden floor so it sounds like someone is hammering the ceiling. Oh and don't get me started on her dropping cigarette butts onto my balcony :rant: :rant:

Bang the ceiling when she's walking about.

Collect the cigarette butts up... And post them through her letter box... Surely she'll get sick of the disgusting stale smell that it causes...

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
Waiting for the doris to get ready. Five minutes she says......20 minutes later still no sign and I've got my shoes on. Why does that send me towards and then over the edge?

My shoes are on, my coat is on and then I find there is an additional 20 minutes of potential SkySports time - but the TV is unplugged at the socket! Disaster.......

The other one is the doris again - walks out of the room either upstairs or to the kitchen and as my eyes light up with glee and I turn off whatever crud she was watching she says - leave that on I'm watching it - as she leaves the f***ing room! She's not watching it - she was - but she has stopped watching and has now left the f***ing room!

MELTDOWN

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
People who walk down through the train as their station is approaching to save time.
For fu ** sake get on the right carriage in the first place you *******

slartibartfast

Sep 11, 2004
Henfield
Those small minded wallies who, on the outskirts of Worthing (where I work), where the road merges next to Brooklands Park, decide that even though there is a good 500 metres of two lanes left, they will deliberately sit in the MIDDLE to stop anyone using the two lanes - i.e. to stop road users using the road in the way it was intended. Everybody merges in, one by one anyway 500 metres further on, so who the heck do these small minded tosspots think they are? It happens about twice a week...

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
Similar for me but anyone that is slow whether that be walking, at cashpoints (what the f*** are you doing?), making decisions, getting their money out, packing their shopping away etc. Anyone that gets on a bus or to a ticket machine and then looks for their money or ticket must be retarded in my view.

Or those knobheads who walk in from of you and then suddenly stop to send a text or answer their phone!!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
My list is far too long (misanthropy is a harsh master) but here are my top 3:

Poor grammar. Nobody, except those with legitimate learning disabilities, should have difficulty knowing when and where to put apostrophes.

Large groups of people. Specifically large groups of people who may impede me in my attempt to get from A to B. They're why I don't go out much.

Being told "It isn't cold" as a response to my "I'm cold". Fine, it may not be cold but I am bloody well am. Different people have different tolerances. For instance I cannot tolerate your idiocy.

I do love a good rant. Thank you for the opportunity.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
My list is far too long (misanthropy is a harsh master) but here are my top 3:

Poor grammar. Nobody, except those with legitimate learning disabilities, should have difficulty knowing when and where to put apostrophes.

Large groups of people. Specifically large groups of people who may impede me in my attempt to get from A to B. They're why I don't go out much.

Being told "It isn't cold" as a response to my "I'm cold". Fine, it may not be cold but I am bloody well am. Different people have different tolerances. For instance I cannot tolerate your idiocy.

I do love a good rant. Thank you for the opportunity.
People who can't be bothered to proofread...

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
As a right little Mister Angry there are loads of things but the biggest is people who awl and talk or text on their phones. They walk so slowly and meander everywhere. Usually right in my way.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Listening to people eating. I have absolutely no idea why, but it drives me so mad, during the time, I'm sure I could go postal given the chance. At work I always have my iPod phones on hand, and if anyone starts eating an apple I have to plug myself in. The same on the train. Without the invention of the iPod, I'd be doing time by now.

This - Why do people think it's acceptable to make so much noise chomping on a frigging apple?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Not getting as much snow as promised and then no apology from the tv weathermen/women!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here