things that are vastly over rated

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
My old man used to laugh at the Beatles,he used to compare them to Take That! Saying they were only followed by 16 year old girls, and that The Who, Kinks and Animals were far more influentual on him and his peers at the time....i tend to agree. House of the rising sun is better than any Beatles song IMO. But hey,music is very objective, so each to their own. And no disrespect intended to any Beatles fans out there.

I have some sympathy with your old man.

I was only 10 when the Beatles started their rise to fame in 1963, but in retrospect think that the Merseysound was highly overrated. The Beatles did write their own (good) stuff and did it enormously well, but most of the rest - Billy J Kramer, the Searchers, gerry and the pacemakers and so on were for the most part doing covers of other people's songs and probably were more akin to Boy bands. I have an older brother (six years older) who was more interested in the Rolling Stones, the Who, the Kinks, Them (Van Morrison) and people like Graham Bond and John Mayall and so on and i fairly soon got in to people like Chuck Berry and Bo Diddley because of the Rolling Stones Connection.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Madame Tussauds
England football matches
Horse racing

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
incorrect, The Beatles were not the first boy band, they were a band. Only any imitators that followed after them can be put in that category

FLAIRtastic

Aug 29, 2010
Tea

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Sliced bread.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The Lord of the Rings movies.
Madness.
Steven Gerrard.
Star Wars.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
R and B as in most modern music with a dancy beat, video that costs as much as a feature film, no tune, crap lyrics and often melodies nicked from older better tunes
Definitely yes!

R and B as in men with guitars playing music influenced by original Delta Blues/Rock 'n' Roll loud with slide guitar sometimes and wailing harmonicas.
Definitely no!

It will always be a mystery to me how the great music known as Rhythm & Blues shortened its name to RnB and became vacuous shart.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
but I'll deal with you myself. Shocking, shocking nonsense. Infraction issued.

Peas are the epitome of evil, sent by Lucifer himself to fool the world into believing it is okay to eat little round pieces of green poo pellets. And you all fell for it, but not me, not me, I can see them for what they are. Hideous textured wrinkly little round bastards whose powers of evil can only be greater if you dare to mash/mush the little buggers. Ban me all you like but you can't silence the truth!!!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens
Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens
Brown paper packages tied up with strings
These are a few of my least favorite things

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The Lord of the Rings movies.
Madness.
Steven Gerrard.
Star Wars.

OMG!!!! Never, and I mean never has your signature been so appropriate. You can have a pop at Lord of the Rings and even Steven Gerrard but leave Madness and Start Wars out of this.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Has to be said that those OBEY teeshirts are a bit shite. Not to mention highly derivitive of the Frankie Says Relax teeshirts of a generation earlier.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
My old man used to laugh at the Beatles,he used to compare them to Take That! Saying they were only followed by 16 year old girls, and that The Who, Kinks and Animals were far more influentual on him and his peers at the time....i tend to agree. House of the rising sun is better than any Beatles song IMO. But hey,music is very objective, so each to their own. And no disrespect intended to any Beatles fans out there.

That's because it was possible written as early as 1808-1820 or more conservatively the early 1900s. Its had time to grow and evolve to the awesome song it is today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports