Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that are, frankly, a load of old sh*t

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How much do they charge? and why is it 'insane'?

The quality of the food is fast food. A burger there will set you back around £6-7 BEFORE you add on anything for optional extras like "drinks" and "chips". They must be laughing their heads off. Footballers are the worst culprits - tonnes of cash yet they choose to spend it at Nandos.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
People who walk through railway stations diagonally with a wheely suitcase.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
Mark Halsey's input on BT Sport.

Ain't that the truth.

He doesn't seem to understand that his role is to EXPLAIN the ref's decision from an ex-pro ref's viewpoint, not to offer his personal opinion whatever the incident is. Saying things like "Ooof, I think he's got it wrong there, that's not a foul to me" is USELESS. They could get any CHUMP off the street to sit there and spout INANITIES like that. I think that it is a good idea to have someone like him there, they just need to clear up with him that nobody cares a JOT for his opinions beyond explaining the ref's decision. I am looking forward to the moment when he forgets his place and starts trying offer analysis on actual football. That'll be LOL.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
work... allow me to elaborate.

How has our society has 'evolved' from a hunter gathering setup, where people worked for 15-20 hours a week to gather enough for the family, and the rest was leisure time, to where are now, commuting 2 hours each way to a job where we work 35-40+ hours a week, with a paltry couple of days off as reward, plus 4 weeks to rest each year, all to make ends meet.

It's madness. but we do it for the best years of our lives, and then we retire and probably die of a heart attack the very next day (esp as retirement age will be up to 70-75 for men by that time).

rool

Jul 10, 2003
The quality of the food is fast food. A burger there will set you back around £6-7 BEFORE you add on anything for optional extras like "drinks" and "chips". They must be laughing their heads off. Footballers are the worst culprits - tonnes of cash yet they choose to spend it at Nandos.

I kind of agree. Lots of people don't like Wetherspoons but I can get Peri Peri chicken with rice, chips or salad and a drink for £5.98.

Ravids

Jun 19, 2013
Fishersgate Maritime Village
Half a chicken is £10 apparently.

That's a £20 chicken...

Whenever I go I get half a chicken and chips which comes to £9.85, as I said above, never fills me up and it doesn't include a drink, often I just get tap water to save money, and I only go when I HAVE to, e.g one of my mates insists on it as a place for a birthday meal, never would I go for the sake of it, waste of money.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Ain't that the truth.

He doesn't seem to understand that his role is to EXPLAIN the ref's decision from an ex-pro ref's viewpoint, not to offer his personal opinion whatever the incident is. Saying things like "Ooof, I think he's got it wrong there, that's not a foul to me" is USELESS. They could get any CHUMP off the street to sit there and spout INANITIES like that. I think that it is a good idea to have someone like him there, they just need to clear up with him that nobody cares a JOT for his opinions beyond explaining the ref's decision. I am looking forward to the moment when he forgets his place and starts trying offer analysis on actual football. That'll be LOL.

The other week he actuallly started talking about his view on the ACTUAL football itself. Something like "Great tackle".

No Mark. No.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I'm not saying Nando's is great and you're probably right about the marketing. I think it appeals because it's cheap.

No it isn't. It's MASSIVELY overpriced for what it is (food that's no better than KFC). That's the point.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
David Cameron saying we're all in this together, when we're not. Him and his lot are way outside of it, staring down into the thick-windowed greenhouse of daily struggle that most of us stretch our necks for rays of rare sunlight towards.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
90% of music on Radio One now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here